2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Tyrann wouldn’t come play for Bowles. I doubt we can lure him this offseason unless we throw a big offer at him, which I’m all for btw. 

I’d love either TM or Callahan from the Bears. Being realistic what would their price be? Buster Skrine has cost $8.5m against the cap the last two years. Surely it wouldn’t cost that much more to entice either one of the players I just mentioned?

• Like 1

Want Callahan or Justin Coleman, Coleman’s pretty underrated he killed it this year out of the Slot for Seattle and with Jones showing some promise I’d kind of like to give him a shot on the outside and shore up the slot CB spot.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Tyrann wouldn’t come play for Bowles. I doubt we can lure him this offseason unless we throw a big offer at him, which I’m all for btw. 

Was it that he didn't want to come play or that we didn't reach out to him? I got the impression that we didn't want Tyrann.

57 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I’d love either TM or Callahan from the Bears. Being realistic what would their price be? Buster Skrine has cost $8.5m against the cap the last two years. Surely it wouldn’t cost that much more to entice either one of the players I just mentioned?

Spotrac has Callahan's Market Value at 4 years, $7 million per year. That doesn't sound right to me. Got to imagine he is in the $8-10M range.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Spotrac has Callahan's Market Value at 4 years, $7 million per year. That doesn't sound right to me. Got to imagine he is in the $8-10M range.

Well even if you went in the middle at $9m per year it’s a $500k increase to go from Buster Skrine to Bryce Callahan. I like the sound of that to be honest. Same with Tyrann.

It’s using our resources (cap space in this regard) better that will help us this offseason.

We have real financial means to blow people out the water this year and when you consider the likes of cash we’ve spent this year alone:

McCown- $10m

Skrine- $8.5m

Long- $7m

Kearse- $5.5m 

Thats $31m on four players that quite truthfully could be easily upgraded to potentially two superstars (Bell, Lawerence) on both sides of the ball that would dramatically improve our football team.

• Like 1

The investigation is apparently almost through on Hunt, and it looks to clear his name up more then hurt it. Shefter reporting that multiple teams want him. I’d be all for him. I also believe he can sign at anytime, that he doesn’t have to wait for Free Agency

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The investigation is apparently almost through on Hunt, and it looks to clear his name up more then hurt it. Shefter reporting that multiple teams want him. I’d be all for him. I also believe he can sign at anytime, that he doesn’t have to wait for Free Agency

Yes he can. They’re also saying that the NFL should give him his punishment sooner rather than later so teams are aware and can plan accordingly. 

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wanted to claim him when he was cut.

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we can sign him cheap then I’m all for giving him a second chance. If he wants big money then I’d save it for Bell

34 minutes ago, xenajets said:

If we can sign him cheap then I’m all for giving him a second chance. If he wants big money then I’d save it for Bell

That is why I would have claimed him. Rookie contract.  Let this play out.  We would have a been in a good spot if they reports are accurate now.