2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Jets brought in Andre Smith for a visit but his good days are behind him anyway. 

I just want a guy who at the very least is a road grader. Shell is a decent pass blocker but most RTs at the very least can run block and his pass blocking consistency is not nearly good enough to make up for how bad he is at winning at the point of attack on run plays. I am tough on Winters too but Winters is at least an adequate run blocker who just gets into penalty trouble when beat on passing downs. I really hope we draft at least two lineman. Need young blood to develop there and for the love of god Mac has to stop drafting older prospects, especially early. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I just want a guy who at the very least is a road grader. Shell is a decent pass blocker but most RTs at the very least can run block and his pass blocking consistency is not nearly good enough to make up for how bad he is at winning at the point of attack on run plays. I am tough on Winters too but Winters is at least an adequate run blocker who just gets into penalty trouble when beat on passing downs. I really hope we draft at least two lineman. Need young blood to develop there and for the love of god Mac has to stop drafting older prospects, especially early. 

Dalton Risner is out of picture then.

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Risner would be a center prospect no? 

I don't know.   When drafting him, I would expect him to play either G or T.  After the draft concluded, Risner could relearn how to play Center if I drafted another G/T. 

Versatility is still dominating in his scouting report/rumor.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Shell is hardly a hit and we really overrate him here. Shell is probably the worst run blocking right tackle we’ve ever had ina long time. I still don’t understand why we haven’t brought in competition for him considering he had a serious injury to end the season. 

How do we overrate him? He’s been a solid contributor. He was a 5th round pick. I think we’ve gotten good value out of him. I feel like we think we need all pros at every position when reality is we don’t. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

How do we overrate him? He’s been a solid contributor. He was a 5th round pick. I think we’ve gotten good value out of him. I feel like we think we need all pros at every position when reality is we don’t. 

4th round pick to be exact. lol.

People tend to overrate a player when his team opts to keep him as a starter and not look for new competition with different player. You know how fans are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

People tend to overrate a player when his team opts to keep him as a starter and not look for new competition with different player. You know how fans are.

He was a 5th rounder, we traded a future 4th to move up and get him

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Agreed. He’s just not very good in my opinion and we should not resign him after his rookie deal is up. Unless it’s for minimal money.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

True. But still he’s been a solid contributor. I feel like we have bigger issues than Shell. 

He is a decent pass blocker. What else does he contribute, he can’t run block at all  and he just got hurt. 

19 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

He is a decent pass blocker. What else does he contribute, he can’t run block at all  and he just got hurt. 

Every player gets hurt, every player has weaknesses. Every player can be upgraded but that doesn’t mean he’s overrated or was a bad pick. 

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

True. But still he’s been a solid contributor. I feel like we have bigger issues than Shell. 

I agree. Shell’s an ok starter. He’s not the problem along the OLine. We can have really solid OLine with Shell as the 4th or 5th best guy. The problem last year was that he was the 2nd best guy. 

I have no issues bringing in competition though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Frank Clark is on the trade block. Mac won’t trade for him given his history though. 

Clark is supposedly a changed person. Not sure if Macc believes in second chance though.

A deal similar to the Dee Ford trade would be great. Ford is a better player and went for a 2020 2nd. I’d still do a 2020 2nd even if I think Ford is better. It’s close enough.