2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Not true if I recall. Everyone wanted him if I remember correctly. And then the report was later that Suh only used us to drive up his price with 0 intention if ever signing with us. 

And CJ had the offer rescinded. 

Suh wouldn’t come in for a visit. He read between the lines and set a deadline. 

Then at owners meetings said he didn’t make long term sense with our current plans at the time.

12 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

And CJ had the offer rescinded. 

Suh wouldn’t come in for a visit. He read between the lines and set a deadline. 

Then at owners meetings said he didn’t make long term sense with our current plans at the time.

He had the offer revinded when he realized that Suh was only using us for leverage. He was pro Suh previous to that.

I thought it was Maccagnan's call that made Jets rescinded the offer for Suh.   Currently looking for info.

edit..  https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-rescind-offer-all-pro-dt-ndamukong-suh-article-1.3895372

Jets had no plan for Suh in long term. umm. It won't be an issue if he was 27 or 28 years old.  Bad Timing.

Edited by JetsandI

Are you guys not high on Shep and Pennel? 

I thought Pennel improved from his prior year and is a good run stuffer. He can move around half way descent. So I don’t think he is a pure 3-4 NT.

Shep in many ways is like Leo and should benefit from the switch in scheme. I’m not expecting Shep to be this all world player. But he can be Leo’s backup. And we can pair him with Leo on passing downs to provide more pass rush. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Are you guys not high on Shep and Pennel? 

I thought Pennel improved from his prior year and is a good run stuffer. He can move around half way descent. So I don’t think he is a pure 3-4 NT.

Shep in many ways is like Leo and should benefit from the switch in scheme. I’m not expecting Shep to be this all world player. But he can be Leo’s backup. And we can pair him with Leo on passing downs to provide more pass rush. 

I think Pennel is really solid, but I don't NOT sign a guy like McCoy, etc. because of Pennel.  Not high on Shep from what we've seen so far.

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I think Pennel is really solid, but I don't NOT sign a guy like McCoy, etc. because of Pennel.  Not high on Shep from what we've seen so far.

Got you. We would have a pretty fierce interior rush with Leo and McCoy. And those guys are pretty versatile. So Gregg can have a lot of fun moving them around.