2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I am starting to believe the Macc rumors of things heating up in the office. If QW & Polite don't make an impact right away & the oline looks bad, he's gone. 

I do want to know if there was any trade down offers on the table for real and Maccagnan killed all and settled with Big Q.   If true, he must be out immediately.

44 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I do want to know if there was any trade down offers on the table for real and Maccagnan killed all and settled with Big Q.   If true, he must be out immediately.

Their were for sure offers, just a question what was the quality of the offer/s

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

There's no telling at this point. Macc is already on the hot seat and Gase will be too if the new GM doesn't like him. It's going to be interesting. 

The Jets next year are going to be a nice case study.

Defense: Analytics vs Coaches methodology of building a team. Everything you hear from analytical sites like PFF is that CB (#1) and Edge (#2) are the most important positions. They also suggest that off ball LB and box safeties are not as valuable. When you hear coaches speak about building a team, they talk about building a team from the inside out. Well there's likely no team in the NFL that is stronger up the middle on D than the Jets. DL: Williams Brothers LB: Mosley and Williamson S: Adams and Maye. That's as good as it gets. I cant think of a team that is better up the middle. But we are a bit weak at the CB and Edge positions. Its going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

Run Game: Does the OL or does the RB matter more? We have an ok to below average OL. But we have an elite RB (partly because of pass catching though). It's going to be interesting to see how Bell produces behind a weaker OL compared to what he had in Pittsburgh. 

I'm excited about this coming season. The roster looks pretty good. A few weak spots but there's definitely enough there to work with. If things break right and Darnold plays like he did after coming back from injury, we could have a fun season. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They have Jacobs... they’ll be fine

Yeah just remembered that after I typed it.  Still a tough blow well before TC.

Crowell would have been the #2 RB probably so it's not totally insignificant.

Gase is going to have to be a genius to make our WR group work IMO. Just think we didn't do enough this offseason to help Darnold out there. 2 of our 3 WRs get injured, Herndon has a DUI he pled guilty to and might get suspended and Bell is great... but we didn't do enough on the OL to help him much. I just think with 110mill, 3 picks in the top 3 Rounds and trades to only get Bell, Crowder and Osemele as guys to start on offense isn't good.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Gase is going to have to be a genius to make our WR group work IMO. Just think we didn't do enough this offseason to help Darnold out there. 2 of our 3 WRs get injured, Herndon has a DUI he pled guilty to and might get suspended and Bell is great... but we didn't do enough on the OL to help him much. I just think with 110mill, 3 picks in the top 3 Rounds and trades to only get Bell, Crowder and Osemele as guys to start on offense isn't good.

You’re right. I wanted to trade down, but the deals were probably awful. We go into EVERY draft with more holes than picks and never fill the holes. We’ve been forced to overpay every single free agent we sign, and by a ridiculous margin. We’re we pumped about CJ Mosley, yeah sure, but let’s be honest it’s an abomination of a contract for a guy who doesn’t rush the passer. We spent a ridiculous amount of money on none premium positions because we have no direction. We draft poorly and the only way to attract players here is to make them an offer they’ve be stupid to pass up on. The amount of picks we’ve wasted on players that couldn’t even make the team is truly unacceptable. We might be decent this year but it is so far from a certainty despite the money we spent. Maybe we can spin Darron Lee to a team that is WR heavy and needs more speed and coverage LBs on D. Mac can’t be dont with this roster or we are going to be a disappointing 8-8 team. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Montgomery/Bell could always split out wide. Still probably need another body. 

Kinda wish Butler was there in the 4th for us.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Montgomery/Bell could always split out wide. Still probably need another body. 

Kinda wish Butler was there in the 4th for us.

Ridley could have been had with our 4th. KeeSean Johnson with our 5th. Harmon with our 6th. Any on of these would have been better picks than what we made.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Our top 3 WR's along with Herndon and Bell are plenty for Sam.  I get they could get injured but for now we have more then enough talent to work with.  Let's just hope for the best.

Edited by Rockice_8