2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

On 4/28/2019 at 12:54 PM, JetsandI said:

I do want to know if there was any trade down offers on the table for real and Maccagnan killed all and settled with Big Q.   If true, he must be out immediately.

Based on what Macc said, it sounds like there were offers. Just nothing serious enough to make us move from select Q.

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Anyone gonna complain we didnt trade down if Q goes onto a hof career?

Depends. If hes a goat but we still cant win because our o line is a mess and our cbs are getting burned because we cant get any pressure from the edge, yeah I'd say we will still have room for issues with the pick.

If we win and he can disrupt things up the middle and we actually manage to resign him and keep him around then I'll be happy with the pick

30 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Did the Jets pick up Lee's option?

Negative, is that a surprise to anyone? I actually like what I saw from Lee last year, and worry about our ILB ability to cover without him.

I like that we're picking up young QBs to battle behind Sam. One of them might become good and bring in great trade value. 

I can see Lee getting traded for another player who had their 5th year declined. There are at least 2 starting oline players that got their's declined recently. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Apparently the trades we were being offered were way off. Bills did not include a 2020 1st or 2nd round pick in their proposal 

Including a 2020 1st would have been crazy from the Bills side. Misread your post. So no 2019 2nd either. Yea. That’s not a trade you do within the division. 

The Raiders were trying to trade back and didn’t get good offers either. 

Edited by SDotNova

I'm fine with not trading back and taking QWill. You never trade in your division unless you get a massive deal. Can you imagine if we traded with the Bills and QWill made the HOF and ripped are OL up for 10 years. The Jets would be ripped apart by the New York Media for a long time. 

I like the Luke Falk pick up. He seems like a Adam Gase type guy who knows his O from Miami. He could be our backup and if he does well we could flip him for a pick like we did with Bridgewater. 

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Including a 2020 1st would have been crazy from the Bills side. Misread your post. So no 2019 2nd either. Yea. That’s not a trade you do within the division. 

The Raiders were trying to trade back and didn’t get good offers either. 

No, I'm sure a 2019 2nd was included, but they were unwilling to give up significant 2020 NFL Draft capital. 

Bills had every right to lowball us and we had every right to not deal with them. 

The best trade was always swapping 3/4 with Oakland and picking up 35 overall but it never came to fruition. 

Macc’s issue is he’s never forward thinking in draft deals. All he makes are day 3 deals and we’re necer accumulating picks for next years draft and that hurts flexibility going into the next year if there’s a guy you want to target. We simply never have the ammo to move up. 

We also don’t draft well enough to gain compensatory picks because our free agents suck and the guys we sign always offset the guys the we lose. 

After 5 years I think people would realize this but it seems Macc can continue to walk the treadmill.

• Like 1