2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Kelechi Osemele has lost weight last year he was 330 now he is at 296. He says he feels good and in he best shape of his football career. The guy looks like the real Hulk. 6" 5" and 296 of muscle. This guy is going to be nasty. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Bills had every right to lowball us and we had every right to not deal with them. 

The best trade was always swapping 3/4 with Oakland and picking up 35 overall but it never came to fruition. 

Macc’s issue is he’s never forward thinking in draft deals. All he makes are day 3 deals and we’re necer accumulating picks for next years draft and that hurts flexibility going into the next year if there’s a guy you want to target. We simply never have the ammo to move up. 

We also don’t draft well enough to gain compensatory picks because our free agents suck and the guys we sign always offset the guys the we lose. 

After 5 years I think people would realize this but it seems Macc can continue to walk the treadmill.

So the trade that netted us Sam was not forward thinking?  Was that a day 3 deal? How can you forget the most important trade in our recent history??  And don't give me me we could have missed out and he was not trading up for a specific player... he put us in position to get a top QB and we did.  That trade might go down as the best trade in Jets history. 

3 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

So the trade that netted us Sam was not forward thinking?  Was that a day 3 deal? How can you forget the most important trade in our recent history??  And don't give me me we could have missed out and he was not trading up for a specific player... he put us in position to get a top QB and we did.  That trade might go down as the best trade in Jets history. 

I think he’s more thinking along the lines of pulling the trigger on guys besides a Darnold. In 5 drafts to pull off 1 good trade isn’t great. And he did that solely bc his job depended on it after not getting Cousins. Hence why he traded up not for a individual. Just put us in a position to for sure get a guy he liked. But what about not trading ahead of NO to get Kamara. Not trading ahead of KC to get Hardman just this last draft. These are the deals he falls short on. He’s a what if guy. Not an actions guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he’s more thinking along the lines of pulling the trigger on guys besides a Darnold. In 5 drafts to pull off 1 good trade isn’t great. And he did that solely bc his job depended on it after not getting Cousins. Hence why he traded up not for a individual. Just put us in a position to for sure get a guy he liked. But what about not trading ahead of NO to get Kamara. Not trading ahead of KC to get Hardman just this last draft. These are the deals he falls short on. He’s a what if guy. Not an actions guy.

You, I or anyone else has not idea of the price to trade or even if there was an opporutnity.  So making statements like is not really based on anything but hopes and dreams.  The NFL is filled with stories like that ... I remember when we tried to trade up to get Favre and it did not work out.  Then Ron Wolf went to GB, who was in our FO, and he pulled off the trade with ATL. 

The pursuit of Cousins subsequent trade from 6 to 3 and selection of Sam was not because he needed to save his job; it is his job.  It was because we needed a QB if we wanted to contend ever. 

Constantly amazes me how fans of teams can bash good moves by a GM.  It does not have to extremes.  He has made some great moves and bad moves. 

9 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

You, I or anyone else has not idea of the price to trade or even if there was an opporutnity.  So making statements like is not really based on anything but hopes and dreams.  The NFL is filled with stories like that ... I remember when we tried to trade up to get Favre and it did not work out.  Then Ron Wolf went to GB, who was in our FO, and he pulled off the trade with ATL. 

The pursuit of Cousins subsequent trade from 6 to 3 and selection of Sam was not because he needed to save his job; it is his job.  It was because we needed a QB if we wanted to contend ever. 

Constantly amazes me how fans of teams can bash good moves by a GM.  It does not have to extremes.  He has made some great moves and bad moves. 

We needed a QB his 3 years previous and he didn’t nothing. Come on man. He knew he had to do something. Was it a good move? Absolutely. But let’s not act like he cane here and has been even a average GM. It took him 4 years to get a QB. Has fielded bad offenses pretty much every year. Has no pass rushers (still).

He has his job still for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only.

1. We didn’t fire him bc we don’t want the image of flipping GMs often. (Don’t really agree with this.

2. He in his year on the big hot seat did finally make a move for a QB.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We needed a QB his 3 years previous and he didn’t nothing. Come on man. He knew he had to do something. Was it a good move? Absolutely. But let’s not act like he cane here and has been even a average GM. It took him 4 years to get a QB. Has fielded bad offenses pretty much every year. Has no pass rushers (still).

He has his job still for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only.

1. We didn’t fire him bc we don’t want the image of flipping GMs often. (Don’t really agree with this.

2. He in his year on the big hot seat did finally make a move for a QB.

I don't disagree with your reasons why he was not fired with Bowles.   But I would add that ownership has some faith (prob because of the Sam move) and he structure contracts so as to not hand tie us for years.

As for the QB - he did try but did not hit.  He drafted Petty and Hack.  Might not like each pick but they were swings to see if he could catch lightening in a bottle - especially with Hack. Only QB that he passed on that might have been significant IMO is Watson.  But I firmly believe Watson is helped greatly by O'Brien.  You can say Mahomes too but we would not have been alone in not seeing what KC saw in all fairness and again I dont see him having the success he has had without Reid.  Bottom line is he got the QB.  You fail to consider there has to be a QB there to take. 

As far as pass rusher - he has taken swings too in past drafts.  He took two this year with Q and Polite.  So we will see. 

55 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Who are some vets you guys think get Cut? Think we land our C and WR4 from cuts

Best C available is still available in Wisniewski. We might see how Harrison does before really bringing in a guy like him. I do think we can maybe get a WR. For me Bellamy and Burnett aren’t enough there.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:23 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

This is one of the best QB rooms we’ve had in a while. I love what Gase has done. 

Mac made this QB room not Gase.  Mac got us Sam and we had ties to Siemian long before Gase was HC, that was a Mac move.

I get you hate the guy but you can thank Mac for the QB's we have.  

19 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Mac made this QB room not Gase.  Mac got us Sam and we had ties to Siemian long before Gase was HC, that was a Mac move.

I get you hate the guy but you can thank Mac for the QB's we have.  

Gase got us the QB room sans Darnold. 

Go give Macc credit for all the Defensive Tackles if you want.

26 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Gase got us the QB room sans Darnold. 

Go give Macc credit for all the Defensive Tackles if you want.

Mac tried to get Siemian when Bowles was our HC so not sure how you can give Gase credit for that.  Other then Falk who worked with Gase that is all Mac. 

21 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Mac tried to get Siemian when Bowles was our HC so not sure how you can give Gase credit for that.  Other then Falk who worked with Gase that is all Mac. 

I can give Gase credit for that by doing so just now. 

Gase isn’t gonna sign off on a QB of all positions that he doesn’t want. 

Heck Macc doesn’t even get credit for Darnold that goes to Gettlemen 

55 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I can give Gase credit for that by doing so just now. 

Gase isn’t gonna sign off on a QB of all positions that he doesn’t want. 

Heck Macc doesn’t even get credit for Darnold that goes to Gettlemen 

Again Mac wanted Siemian well before Gase was even a fired from MIA.  I'm not really sure Gase cares about Siemian when he knows he has Sam as his starter and that was clearly all Mac bringing him in.  Having Gase say ok to that move does not switch credit to Gase.

You can let your hate for Mac cloud logic and give Gase credit all you want but facts are facts Mac got us Sam and was clearly the driving force behind getting 3 of the 4 QB's in the QB room.  

One of the most annoying things going right now on this board is bashing the GM for getting lucky with picks like that is even a real thing.  He traded to #3 because he knew Sam or Baker was going to be there.  Giving him no credit when BUF was pissed INDY traded with us is about as dumb as it gets.  Mac gets all the credit for securing that pick because if not Sam could easily be in BUF right now and we could have a running back "Josh Allen" as our QB.  There are a million things to criticize Mac for but having good players fall to him or bashing him because another GM is dumb makes no sense at all.