2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

We claimed James Burgess from Miami. He played in Cleveland the past two years. Was actually pretty solid is 2017 and started 9 games. I’d say he’s got a shot at cracking the 53 if he stays healthy. 

Edited by barnaby8787

14 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

We claimed James Burgess from Miami. He played in Cleveland the past two years. Was actually pretty solid is 2017 and started 9 games. I’d say he’s got a shot at cracking the 53 if he stays healthy. 

He better stands up during the anthem for CJ.

Jalin Moore is put on non football injury list to make a room for him.  See ya next season.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

So far, none of post June 1st cuts interest me.

Where are you getting the list of cuts? 

I don’t see cuts helping us too much.

My hope is that we pull off a trade for a corner. One of the Vikings corner would be good. Another guy I would be interested in is Artie Burns. I think he could be more productive in a press heavy scheme. He can come up and tackle also. He also won’t cost much. Flip the Lee 6th.

Edited by SDotNova

Only holes we can even upgrade from really are still at edge, CB and WR. Can’t see an edge better than Polite, Jenkins or Copeland getting cut. Claiborne is an option to return at CB and WR is actually where I think we can nab that 4th WR with a cut

25 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Where are you getting the list of cuts? 

I don’t see cuts helping us too much.

My hope is that we pull off a trade for a corner. One of the Vikings corner would be good. Another guy I would be interested in is Artie Burns. I think he could be more productive in a press heavy scheme. He can come up and tackle also. He also won’t cost much. Flip the Lee 6th.

Cutting players that early usually is bad news.  Hopefully, Jets see someone soon. I prefer pick up players now to right before week 1.

About Artie Burns, I think he better off quit football or plays for one of Floridian team.  He wears 3 hats in the family.  It would be amazing story if he beat the adversity but it is too much for Burns to survive the stern discipline of Gregg Williams.

11 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Artie Burns might be cut before camp per reports.  If so, we should pick him up.

Worth a shot in camp for sure, but man has he busted badly in Pitt. Jets really need Tru to not be useless this year. 

When Robby dedicates himself to gaining some weight (which it appears he hasn't done in years) he might become a legit top option. He just isn't physical enough to be a big difference in all aspects as a WR. He has gotten better at coming out of breaks, I'll give him that.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

When Robby dedicates himself to gaining some weight (which it appears he hasn't done in years) he might become a legit top option. He just isn't physical enough to be a big difference in all aspects as a WR. He has gotten better at coming out of breaks, I'll give him that.

I agree. Gase needs to get him in the weight room so he can add the strength needed to win those contested balls

29 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I agree. Gase needs to get him in the weight room so he can add the strength needed to win those contested balls

Too late for that.  He needs 2 or 3 years to reach the acceptable core. By that time, he is close to 30 years old.   Just go with what he can contribute in a game for Gase and Darnold this year and then let him test FA.