2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Apparently Dontrelle Inman was really impressed with the Jets on his visit; nearly signed with us after receiving a significant offer. 

Possibly a hint that the Jets aren't fully comfortable at WR4. I really hope we hold onto Deontay Burnett, but the Jets may want a more versatile player instead. Ultimately, I see us carrying 6... 

• Starting WRs (3): Robby Anderson; Jamison Crowder; Quincy Enunwa 
  • "WR4" (1): Deontay Burnett vs. Tim White
  • Special teams/WR (2): Josh Bellamy vs. Charone Peak vs. Deonte Thompson vs. Greg Dortch

16 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Apparently Dontrelle Inman was really impressed with the Jets on his visit; nearly signed with us after receiving a significant offer. 

Possibly a hint that the Jets aren't fully comfortable at WR4. I really hope we hold onto Deontay Burnett, but the Jets may want a more versatile player instead. Ultimately, I see us carrying 6... 

• Special teams/WR (2): Josh Bellamy vs. Charone Peak vs. Deonte Thompson vs. Greg Dortch

I am pretty sure Dortch has the PR duties locked up.  Peake is about the only one I see as definitely gone, the others will fight to the finish.  We may even keep 7. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

WR4 and WR5 are likely basing on a certain offensive design of Gase.  Jets have too many small and smaller receivers on the roster.  Heck, Gase may want a taller WR as Robby is only WR that is over 6 1 on the roster I believe.

4 hours ago, xrade said:

I am pretty sure Dortch has the PR duties locked up.  Peake is about the only one I see as definitely gone, the others will fight to the finish.  We may even keep 7. 

I agree, Dortch should make it. Gase likes his potential on offense and he's an immediate contributor on special teams.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think he's directly competing with Bellamy, although Bellamy (I would presume) has the edge, but Peake does thrive on STs. 

I don't think we will keep 7. With Le'Veon/Ty's versatility, they will look to keep it at 6 if not 5. I'm almost positive Gase has never coached a team that had 7 WRs on the final roster (at least as an OC/HC). 

My hope: 

• Robby Anderson 
  • Jamison Crowder
  • Quincy Enunwa 
  • Deontay Burnett 
  • Greg Dortch 
  • Josh Bellamy

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I agree, Dortch should make it. Gase likes his potential on offense and he's an immediate contributor on special teams.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think he's directly competing with Bellamy, although Bellamy (I would presume) has the edge, but Peake does thrive on STs. 

I don't think we will keep 7. With Le'Veon/Ty's versatility, they will look to keep it at 6 if not 5. I'm almost positive Gase has never coached a team that had 7 WRs on the final roster (at least as an OC/HC). 

My hope: 

• Robby Anderson 
  • Jamison Crowder
  • Quincy Enunwa 
  • Deontay Burnett 
  • Greg Dortch 
  • Josh Bellamy

That's my guess as well. Depends on who gets cut from other teams... Burnett or Dortch could be cut or PS players.

Yeah Peake gets rave review for his special teams play.  I wouldn't rule him out right now.

Maybe gunners like Cannon can push him off the roster or the additions of good special teams players like McClellan and Anthony.

Gut says Bellamy or Burnett are gone if a good vet WR hits the market.

Might be able to get Byron Jones from the Cowboys. With all of the money they are passing out to everyone and the deals coop and Zeke will get, they won't be able to resign him. They might try to trade him before he can walk + they have a couple of other CB's that looked pretty good. 

46 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Might be able to get Byron Jones from the Cowboys. With all of the money they are passing out to everyone and the deals coop and Zeke will get, they won't be able to resign him. They might try to trade him before he can walk + they have a couple of other CB's that looked pretty good. 

This would be a dream come true, but he's injured

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

This would be a dream come true, but he's injured

Ya. I'd love that too. Also remember Jerry Jones always is thinking SB. So he can careless about losing him for free (think Collins on the OL as well). The Cowboys will pay Dak, Zeke and Cooper and let Jones and Collins walk. But I doubt trade either, bc they think they will make a run this year.