2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Oh come on. I was nearly the only one post draft that was furious we passed on Allen for Q

Josh Allen was my #1 for us

I even think u liked my reply when I said the Jags always take my fav prospects in the draft thread

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya. I'd love that too. Also remember Jerry Jones always is thinking SB. So he can careless about losing him for free (think Collins on the OL as well). The Cowboys will pay Dak, Zeke and Cooper and let Jones and Collins walk. But I doubt trade either, bc they think they will make a run this year.

It's amazing how talented their team is. People don't respect that organization as much as they should because of Jerry, but he has a damn good football operation. His only fault is that he's too dedicated to the coaches. With a better coach/QB that team would've been in the Superbowl the past 3 seasons. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Don't forget me. I also wanted Allen.

Lol, there were a lot of us,, besides you me, @rickyt31including,  @SDotNova, @MoLewis57, @xenajets, and a couple of others, that weren’t thrilled with the pick. No doubt Q could be a pro bowler but after signing Anderson, I thought he was off our board. Oliver as a 43DE pass rusher (if the plan was to transition to a 43 base) or Allen as a 34 Pass rusher would have been my choices.

the problem I see with not getting an edge rusher is that most QBs are mobile, so pressure up the middle will not affect them as much as it will for the dying breed of stationary QB like Brady or Eli. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Oh come on. I was nearly the only one post draft that was furious we passed on Allen for Q

Lol man I was hot too. Especially with how far Allen dropped knowing we had trade down options available. 

Polite took some heat off of not picking Allen but that’s looking laughable right now. 

Yup. Fans of other teams actually came into our forum surprised that we weren’t happy.

In two years, we’ll know who the right choice was. The guy I had at the top of my amateur board currently has 4 sacks and a FF through 3 preseason games. Burns is having a strong summer.

I have high hopes for Q and am glad he’s on our team. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Lol man I was hot too. Especially with how far Allen dropped knowing we had trade down options available. 

Polite took some heat off of not picking Allen but that’s looking laughable right now. 

That was the play.

Trade down even at a discount yelled 1/3 of our fanbase as they dreamed of spilling Macc’s coffee on his head.

Q popped a little last preseason. There’s a lot of analyst that I like that love him. I’m hoping they’re right.

Edited by SDotNova

Q better be a game wrecker,  otherwise they messed up not grabbing a guy who will be a stud edge.

I wanted Josh Allen the entire process,  he was dominant in college,  he was athletic and he was a need.  Our defense with Allen and Jenkins at olb looks better than what qe have. Q better be a dominant player. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Josh Doctson is rumored to be on the bubble.  I'd make a play for him as I think he's QB and injuries have kept him from reaching his potential in WAS.  

I like the prospect of Crowder but I'd hope we are done testing injury prone Washington WRs. Theyve been trying to trade Doctson for 2 years now with no bites...

I think Jerry Jones would trade Byron. He has other CB's performing well, but he doesn't have options to replace Zeke, Cooper, and Collins. 

But I do think someone we need will get cut at CB. The Ravens situation is interesting because they have Humphrey, Smith, Averett, Carr, and Iman Marshall. They could drop someone as well. I do like the potential CB's in next year's class, but I see a few names out there we might can trade for this season and keep for a while. 

16 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I think Jerry Jones would trade Byron. He has other CB's performing well, but he doesn't have options to replace Zeke, Cooper, and Collins. 

But I do think someone we need will get cut at CB. The Ravens situation is interesting because they have Humphrey, Smith, Averett, Carr, and Iman Marshall. They could drop someone as well. I do like the potential CB's in next year's class, but I see a few names out there we might can trade for this season and keep for a while. 

If I were JJ, I would let Zeke walk.    Tony Pollard and Mike Weber could work there.  Anyway, if Byron Jones is actually available then I expect JJ wants a quality return as Jets won't be alone on the CB hunt.   I don't like Ravens CBs, they are too darn inconsistent for any comfort but as always it is all depending on how much do Jets give up for a cb.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

If I were JJ, I would let Zeke walk.    Tony Pollard and Mike Weber could work there.  Anyway, if Byron Jones is actually available then I expect JJ wants a quality return as Jets won't be alone on the CB hunt.   I don't like Ravens CBs, they are too darn inconsistent for any comfort but as always it is all depending on how much do Jets give up for a cb.

Although Tony has flashed this preseason, I don't think anyone would let their biggest threat on offense leave for him yet. Rumors are saying the cowboys think a deal will get done by the opener. I'd take a shot at him even though he's hurt. Byron or La'el will walk next offseason but I don't think JJ will let them walk knowing what he could get for either of them. 

For the Ravens CBs, I think someone will get cut. We all know about Smith, but Humphrey and his 22.5% forced incompletion rate was third in the NFL. Young had a good rookie year before his ACL injury and he could bounce back. Although Averette only played 47 snaps, dude allowed 2 receptions and a 45.8 passer rating. Even Carr put up better than a 70pff grade. If they feel like they don't need Smith and his contract, he could be out there as well. I wouldn't trade for Carr of course, but I'd give him a look if he is cut. 

There are some potential cuts and possible trade targets. I do like the fact that JD is being patient in this situation.