2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

If we can land Clowney we should ... the backend of our defense is not set up to hold up for long we need to add to quinnen and leo Anderson and force that ball outta the qbs hands fast and where we want it 

Dont think id want to give anyone up for him though 

Edited by KBS756

21 hours ago, KBS756 said:

If we can land Clowney we should ... the backend of our defense is not set up to hold up for long we need to add to quinnen and leo Anderson and force that ball outta the qbs hands fast and where we want it 

Dont think id want to give anyone up for him though 

So what would you offer?

Rumors are they want a WR or OT.

Options are

1. Leo straight up
2. Beachum and a mid rounder
3. Anderson probably straight up would do it
4. Future 1st
5. Edoga and a early pick maybe a 2nd

Not sure which I'd prefer given it's a huge risk with Clowney not being able to be extended now.  If he waled on us that would be a huge hit to our rebuild. 

44 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

So what would you offer?

Options are

1. Leo straight up
4. Future 1st

Not sure which I'd prefer given it's a huge risk with Clowney not being able to be extended now.  If he waled on us that would be a huge hit to our rebuild. 

Right now we are in no position to give up any  starting players, because of our lack of depth. Only thing we could do is give up future mid round picks.

Edited by doumeyer

27 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Right now we are in no position to give up any  starting players, because of our lack of depth. Only thing we could do is give up future mid round picks.

I'd think we could do Leo straight up given he's due a big pay day like Clowney so it kind of works for both teams.  That and our DL is crazy deep but yeah I too wouldn't want to give up Robby or Beachum for him.

I'd be hesitant to give up a 1st too given we have a tough schedule and could easily disappoint given our CFL secondary.

• Like 1

I’d give up a conditional first that could become and 2nd and a 4th with injury as a max probably 

Don’t have depth to be giving up other talent unfortunately ... if it was madden would have Edoga take over for beachem and trade beachem and a conditional 3rd

11 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

So what would you offer?

Options are

1. Leo straight up
4. Future 1st

I love Anderson, but if we can do it straight up for him, we better make it happen. lol We can put QW in his position and be fine. Trading Beachum (Unless Edoga proves he can play LT now) would get Darnold killed. 

13 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Clowney isn't worth a first, especially considering we've consistently been picking in or near the top 5.

You forget that Jets have good luck with first season debut as Jets head coach.  Jets have been winning debut season for 6 consecutive head coaches (Bill Belichick exlcuded).

Anyway,    I look at Eagles roster.  I see Avonte Maddox, Donald Darby, Sidney Jones, Rasul Douglas and Cre'Von LeBlanc as their top 5 with Orlando Scandrick as an insurance player.  Jim Schwartz loves to have good depth at CB so it may be difficult to cut one of top 5 loose. 

Jalen Mills and Josh Hawkins are most veteran cbs who are likely to get buried.  Mills had 2017 season to remember fondly. Hawkins has made most of himself on the field when he was on the field.

After Luck announced his retirement, I was thinking about shipping Trevor Siemian to Colts but I dropped it.  I watched Luke Falk and Davies Webb play last weekend and they clearly aren't qualified to replace Siemian as a viable back up qb.  They played too plain offense. Maybe it is due to 3rd-5th stringers playing but it is hard to count on either qb to spell in for Darnold when Jets are in the actual run for playoff spot.  Every game does count.  Siemian stays.

19 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I love Anderson, but if we can do it straight up for him, we better make it happen. lol We can put QW in his position and be fine. Trading Beachum (Unless Edoga proves he can play LT now) would get Darnold killed. 

I honestly wouldn't give up Robby for Clowney.

I'd do Leo for Clowney straight up before I didn't Robby.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Anyway,    I look at Eagles roster.  I see Avonte Maddox, Donald Darby, Sidney Jones, Rasul Douglas and Cre'Von LeBlanc as their top 5 with Orlando Scandrick as an insurance player.  Jim Schwartz loves to have good depth at CB so it may be difficult to cut one of top 5 loose. 

Jalen Mills and Josh Hawkins are most veteran cbs who are likely to get buried.  Mills had 2017 season to remember fondly. Hawkins has made most of himself on the field when he was on the field.

After Luck announced his retirement, I was thinking about shipping Trevor Siemian to Colts but I dropped it.  I watched Luke Falk and Davies Webb play last weekend and they clearly aren't qualified to replace Siemian as a viable back up qb.  They played too plain offense. Maybe it is due to 3rd-5th stringers playing but it is hard to count on either qb to spell in for Darnold when Jets are in the actual run for playoff spot.  Every game does count.  Siemian stays.

I would trade a pick for Douglas if PHI would do it.  I think he's going to be a good player and is only 23.  I might even do a 3rd if Douglas liked him enough.

• Like 1

I wish we would get Clowney, but we have yet to find a edge rusher since John Abraham. So I have little faith. This team is allergic to pass rushers.  Seems like Miami may get him. 

Joe Douglas said that he will always look to address edge and CB. So hopefully he mean it, cause we have yet to grab a good edge rusher for over a decade. 

Edited by NYJets4716

11 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Rumor has it that Clowney can be had for a 2nd

Man I think I'd do it. But that's a valuable pick for a new GM to trade away in his 1st draft. But if it finally gets us our edge than it would be worth it. Clowney still has the (injury past) thing hovering over him. But he actually has played 14, 16 and 15 games the last 3 years and in that time has had 24.5 sacks in that time. Call me optimistic... but I think with the talent and depth we have on our DL it should be easy for him to get to 10 sacks yearly.... and he's still only 26.