Jump to content
jetskid007

2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

Recommended Posts

I'd do our 2nd if we thought he could play outside.  If I had to guess he'd be really good in zone and solid in man to man.  He does have the size and speed to matchup on the outside.  Gase would know best but man an Adams, Maye, Fitz secondary is so good.  

Honestly I'd give up our 2nd for Fitz right now and also trade Leo and Poole for Douglas and a 4th or 5th.

PHI gets a huge replacement for Jackson and gets a guy who can help cover the loss of Douglas until Mills is back.  Jets go from a bad secondary to a really good one over night.

Still have 1st, 3rd, and maybe two 4ths

Edited by Rockice_8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd do our 2nd if we thought he could play outside.  If I had to guess he'd be really good in zone and solid in man to man.  He does have the size and speed to matchup on the outside.  Gase would know best but man an Adams, Maye, Fitz secondary is so good.  

Honestly I'd give up our 2nd for Fitz right now and also trade Leo and Poole for Douglas and a 4th or 5th.

PHI gets a huge replacement for Jackson and gets a guy who can help cover the loss of Douglas until Mills is back.  Jets go from a bad secondary to a really good one over night.

Still have 1st, 3rd, and maybe two 4ths

If this happens, id be excited. A 2nd for Minkah seems solid. The Leo trade seems fair as well. Helps both teams. 

We would have an excellent young secondary. I think this would help us cap wise too. So we can add 1 top end player in FA and then attack OL and WR in the draft. 

Nice idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather keep Leo and trade a 2nd .,.. I still think we way under rate Leo because of all the dirty work and such he has to take on ... last year when he got hurt went from competent to getting completely dominated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

I'd rather keep Leo and trade a 2nd .,.. I still think we way under rate Leo because of all the dirty work and such he has to take on ... last year when he got hurt went from competent to getting completely dominated.

I agree. Leo doesn't light up the stat board, but that's because he's played all over. He even had a drop back into coverage last week. Can't blame him for not getting sacks when he isn't asked to rush the passer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macc not going after Shaq Barrett after a lot of us called for it is upsetting after seeing him the first two games. 

Dude had 8 pressures, 3 sacks last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be really interesting to see how JD handle our WR, CB, OLB, and Oline situation next offseason. IF we were able to get a 2nd for Leo, I'd do it. If he struggles under GW system, no reason to resign him just to watch him not perform in the wrong system. Get the 2nd and use it on someone that would make a big difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Going to be really interesting to see how JD handle our WR, CB, OLB, and Oline situation next offseason. IF we were able to get a 2nd for Leo, I'd do it. If he struggles under GW system, no reason to resign him just to watch him not perform in the wrong system. Get the 2nd and use it on someone that would make a big difference. 

I like Williams. My issue is these guys aren’t making differences. What has Leo done over 5 years to be worth a 6th pick? Adams has lived up to his value in 2 seasons more than Williams has in 4. Q did virtually nothing last week. So we continue to ignore positions of need that make a difference bc of this BPA crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Going to be really interesting to see how JD handle our WR, CB, OLB, and Oline situation next offseason. IF we were able to get a 2nd for Leo, I'd do it. If he struggles under GW system, no reason to resign him just to watch him not perform in the wrong system. Get the 2nd and use it on someone that would make a big difference. 

If there is any offer for MM's player prior to the deadline then Jets should take it.  No question about it.  I get sense that JD may change the roster cleanly, meaning cutting a bunch of players to help grow cap room and not bringing any FA back. 

Also, I have no idea how to deal with Williams if he ends up 7-12 sacks with a high number of qb pressure at the 2019 conclusion.   Maybe Jets get rid of Gregg Williams in favor of umm say, Mike Vrabel or Dan Quinn.  For that case, transition Tag is a possible option for Williams.  No team will pay him top money so Jets can match it if it is reasonable. 

 

Edited by JetsandI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Macc not going after Shaq Barrett after a lot of us called for it is upsetting after seeing him the first two games. 

Dude had 8 pressures, 3 sacks last night. 

Todd Bowles rules! lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Williams. My issue is these guys aren’t making differences. What has Leo done over 5 years to be worth a 6th pick? Adams has lived up to his value in 2 seasons more than Williams has in 4. Q did virtually nothing last week. So we continue to ignore positions of need that make a difference bc of this BPA crap.

I get that he’s not all out dominating but he is a good player and if he’s willing to be paid as such and not an all nfl top 3 at his position type player till he elevates his game there is no reason to continuously bleed the talent we have because they didn’t live up to lofty expectations.

i do believe we should target our needs at playmaker or offensive line etc more diligently rather than just take BPA where we already have talent ... like the idea of Q woulda rather had Allen and such ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

I get that he’s not all out dominating but he is a good player and if he’s willing to be paid as such and not an all nfl top 3 at his position type player till he elevates his game there is no reason to continuously bleed the talent we have because they didn’t live up to lofty expectations.

i do believe we should target our needs at playmaker or offensive line etc more diligently rather than just take BPA where we already have talent ... like the idea of Q woulda rather had Allen and such ...

 

Maybe I just expect too much. For me I think any player drafted that high should be a star. Not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think GW will be here for 2 years at the most, but I'm not really interested in keeping Leo if we can get picks for him. I'm fine with Anderson & developing QW on the line. He would have to perform at a top tier level for me to want to resign him. I just don't see him as a difference-maker on our line. I say trade him for a 3rd. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is up with Redskins, really.  First Kirk Cousins, now Trent Williams.  I am worrying about him not playing this year because he, unlike Le'Veon Bell, may need extra time to clear off some rust just in case if Jets set eyes on him this off season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×