2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

My question is how many of all these players that we have been talking about for weeks are going to be gone when we pick in the third round? It sure looks like the second round is going to have more real good players than in past years. After we pick at # 3 overall, it is going to be a long painful draft to watch.

23 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

My question is how many of all these players that we have been talking about for weeks are going to be gone when we pick in the third round? It sure looks like the second round is going to have more real good players than in past years. After we pick at # 3 overall, it is going to be a long painful draft to watch.

I think we are in position more so this draft than previous ones to trade back. Meaning pretty much grabbing a 2nd Rounder and probably an additonal 3rd (and more) in return. Making us have 4 picks maybe in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds. Where we can get good value. Issue is Macc has missed in this range every draft pretty much. Hopefully that changes this draft. In another 5 weeks we will know a lot more after FA. It will clear up what we need a lot more going into the draft.

• Like 1

I'm thinking to opposite here. I think this draft is very weak and does not have much depth. I'm glad we traded our 2nd this year because once you get out of the top 20 or so you have a massive drop off. Guys that are going to be picked in the second and third rounds this year would have gone in the 3 or 4th last year. I think this draft is so much weaker than in years past. This draft is about a round and half behind years past. 

11 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Same. He is an excellent SAM and we need one badly. He should stay there.

I wouldn’t say badly because Jenkins is capable in reality the SLB doesn’t play as many snaps as they used to, but yes we could use a player who can play nearly every down at a high level. 

Bottom line: I think the Jets will approach FA like the draft but with more emphasis on need. They can literally afford to sign any player, regardless of position, and they’d help improve our roster. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm thinking to opposite here. I think this draft is very weak and does not have much depth. I'm glad we traded our 2nd this year because once you get out of the top 20 or so you have a massive drop off. Guys that are going to be picked in the second and third rounds this year would have gone in the 3 or 4th last year. I think this draft is so much weaker than in years past. This draft is about a round and half behind years past. 

First 50-60 is important. Lost one strong pick and one weak pick may hurt. However, there will always be a several top 50 prospects falling into 3rd.  If Jets manage to pick up 2 fallen prospects in 3rd then it is all right. 

You may be right about last year's draft looked better than this upcoming draft but with solid coaching and proper utilizing, it doesn't matter. Take Orlando Brown for an instance. Brown was supposed to be taken in 1st but he bombed out at the combine and fell hard to 3rd.  Ravens picked him up and re-conditioned him really well. He played like 1st round as a result.

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I wouldn’t say badly because Jenkins is capable in reality the SLB doesn’t play as many snaps as they used to, but yes we could use a player who can play nearly every down at a high level. 

Bottom line: I think the Jets will approach FA like the draft but with more emphasis on need. They can literally afford to sign any player, regardless of position, and they’d help improve our roster. 

I just don’t  know what to think of Jordan Jenkins. I personally like him, and here is where PFF gets a little ehhh with me, although I am a fan. I think Jenkins is a solid football player but he grades out below average every year. I am curious as to what his role will be this year if we do bring in a guy with more experience at the position. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Not sure if you guys are aware but Matt Slauson quit football.  He won't be ideal for Jets but he may help out in short term if necessary.   Well, enjoy your healthy retirement, Matt.

That’s called retirement. He won’t help the Jets at all because he RETIRED.

Good for him he was certainly better than anyone we had after him. Hope he enjoys life after football

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I just don’t  know what to think of Jordan Jenkins. I personally like him, and here is where PFF gets a little ehhh with me, although I am a fan. I think Jenkins is a solid football player but he grades out below average every year. I am curious as to what his role will be this year if we do bring in a guy with more experience at the position. 

Same. I just don't think Jets will be rebuilt with him.  Similar to John Simon of Colts last year.  He may be lucky if there is an open spot for him, play-time wise.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Same. I just don't think Jets will be rebuilt with him.  Similar to John Simon of Colts last year.  He may be lucky if there is an open spot for him, play-time wise.

What..... are..... you.......... talking.......... about?  I KNOW the Jets won't be rebuilt with him because he is retired.

11 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

It depends on the position. WR and iOL are pretty deep. While they don't have a lot of those can't miss players at those positions have a lot of depth in this draft. So, I think we can get good value at WR, G and C in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Then obviously this draft is stacked up top with a lot of pass rushers. Aside from tackles, this draft is strong in areas the Jets need help in iOL, pass rusher, and WR. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1