Sign in to follow this  
jetskid007

2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We're very thin on the OL for depth. Under contract we only have Beachum, Winters and Shell I believe. Meaning in some sort of way we need to get 4-5 OLineman in the offseason (Starting LG, Starting C, and 2-3 guys for depth.

That is the key to the Jets off season, and next would be to get that third WR. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

That is the key to the Jets off season, and next would be to get that third WR. 

OL, Pass rushers, offensive skill players in that order of importance for me.

On another website, someone suggested signing both Leveon and Coleman. The reasoning was that Coleman is elite as a receiving back and would be half the price as a slot receiver. So you can basically use him as a weapon out of the backfield or plug him in the slot as well. And obviously, use him as a change of pace back. 

11 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

On another website, someone suggested signing both Leveon and Coleman. The reasoning was that Coleman is elite as a receiving back and would be half the price as a slot receiver. So you can basically use him as a weapon out of the backfield or plug him in the slot as well. And obviously, use him as a change of pace back. 

Would be an interesting game plan. But I think I’d like it.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:58 AM, Bobby816 said:

Would be an interesting game plan. But I think I’d like it.

It would be interesting, but don't think there's much of a need. Kind of feels like they would be playing cute doing this. 

The big tell will be understanding where and how Gase plans to use Enunwa. If the expectation is he's going to line up all over but will primarily line up outside, go sign Adam Humphries or Golden Tate, as both offer the type of skill set Gase values. If Enunwa is viewed more as a slot guy, then no need to sign 2 RBs; you would need to find another outside receiver. Le'Veon is excellent in the slot and I think Eli McGuire has enough talent to warrant a spot. Plus, they can also sign someone like Amendola to be that 4th slot guy. 

I truly don't know which direction the Jets will go, but I have a feeling. When Gase had Eric Decker, he used him as a pseudo receiver, playing him both in the slot and outside, with Welker being purely a slot guy. I kind of envision that Decker role for Enunwa, which leaves a "slot" open in the slot. My expectation is we will sign Adam Humphries, and Gase's fingerprints will be all over it. Gase has expressed time and time again how much admiration he has for guys like Welker and Amendola. He also felt strongly about Landry the player on the field in the slot. Humphries fits that mold. 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

It would be interesting, but don't think there's much of a need. Kind of feels like they would be playing cute doing this. 

The big tell will be understanding where and how Gase plans to use Enunwa. If the expectation is he's going to line up all over but will primarily line up outside, go sign Adam Humphries or Golden Tate, as both offer the type of skill set Gase values. If Enunwa is viewed more as a slot guy, then no need to sign 2 RBs; you would need to find another outside receiver. Le'Veon is excellent in the slot and I think Eli McGuire has enough talent to warrant a spot. Plus, they can also sign someone like Amendola to be that 4th slot guy. 

I truly don't know which direction the Jets will go, but I have a feeling. When Gase had Eric Decker, he used him as a pseudo receiver, playing him both in the slot and outside, with Welker being purely a slot guy. I kind of envision that Decker role for Enunwa, which leaves a "slot" open in the slot. My expectation is we will sign Adam Humphries, and Gase's fingerprints will be all over it. Gase has expressed time and time again how much admiration he has for guys like Welker and Amendola. He also felt strongly about Landry the player on the field in the slot. Humphries fits that mold. 

I'd be all for that

I expect us to go hard for Humphries in FA to add that "Edelman" to our offense. And target a WR in the draft in the 1st few Rounds. Making our WR core... Q, Robby, Humphries and drafted WR

I wouldn't hate Humphries.  To be honest our big priority to me is we have to get our line right.  You get the oline right it frees up the running game.  You get the running game going the box becomes loaded more often.  This leads to single high safeties and play action.  

If you look at teams like Seattle or Denver or even us when we had brick woody mangold Moore and faneca/slauson.  It didnt matter who the back was.  All three of those teams had extremely solid oline play and were able to plug and play running backs.

Bell would be a great and expensive addition.  If the line isnt right though it won't make that much of a difference.

Edited by NYJETS52
Autocorrect

1 hour ago, NYJETS52 said:

I wouldn't hate Humphries.  To be honest our big priority to me is we have to get our line right.  You get the oline right it frees up the running game.  You get the running game going the box becomes loaded more often.  This leads to single high safeties and play action.  

If you look at teams like Seattle or Denver or even us when we had brick woody mangold Moore and faneca/slauson.  It didnt matter who the back was.  All three of those teams had extremely solid oline play and were able to plug and play running backs.

Bell would be a great and expensive addition.  If the line isnt right though it won't make that much of a difference.

I think we all pretty much agree OL in the main priority. And I think we 100% address it with 2 good incoming starters.

Just thought about this but I could see Gase push to trade Robby, off field history and idk how Robby’s personality with mesh with Gase, I could see us Shipping him to Philly for Aghlor and a pick and then try to make a move on a guy like Tyrell Williams or try and trade for Kenny Stills

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Just thought about this but I could see Gase push to trade Robby, off field history and idk how Robby’s personality with mesh with Gase, I could see us Shipping him to Philly for Aghlor and a pick and then try to make a move on a guy like Tyrell Williams or try and trade for Kenny Stills

Robby drove to fast..... didn't Agholor have a pretty serious rape allegation last year?  That seems worse.  

40 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Robby drove to fast..... didn't Agholor have a pretty serious rape allegation last year?  That seems worse.  

I didn’t know this

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think he’s going to use Enunwa how he used DT in Denver. 

I agree.  I see Q playing all over the offense but mainly on the outside.  I think a WR like Adam Humphries or Jamison Crowder will be targeted for the slot.  I think Gase wants a shiftier WR in the slot. 

Robby shouldn't be going anywhere.  Homegrown talent and elite deep threat.  We have no business trading him away unless it's for something we can't pass up or he does something really bad.