2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think improving the interior line is definitely the top priority offensively. Helps the run game and keeps the pocket clean for Darnold. 

Next year we can add either twin tackles if Shell doesn’t elevate his play or just an LT. 

I still want Brown but with holes at LG/C as clear as day i think they allocate resources there first.

Exactly. C and LG are WAY bigger needs for this team than LT. We actually have no starting LG or C at this point bc they're all FAs I believe. So we 100% know that they will be addressed in some sort of way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I don't think the Jets would do this, but I certainly would if I were running the show... 

• Since Flacco is heading to DEN, they need to move Keenum by either trading him or cutting him. 
  • If cut they will eat $10 million; if trade they will eat $3 million 
  • Jets offer their 7th and ask for Keenum and DEN 3rd in return. 

Jets would have to pay $18 million to a backup QB, but they have the money to do it and they'd be adding draft capital. Can't look at it as if the "3rd round pick is worth $18 million" the way people twisted it when CLE traded for Brock - in a salary cap era where you need to spend a certain amount of money and not enough talent to spend all that money on, not the worst thing in the world. Jets can turn around and cut him if they so chose, eat the $7 million cap hit and be on their way. 

Patiently waiting your mock

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah, I posted that a few pages ago as well.  He's another one.  I think it makes more sense to do that personally than bring in two high profile FA's.

Trey Hopkins could be another option. He had ups and downs under Pollack last year but he played all IOL.

I can't get over how poorly Elway has handled the QB position.  It is honestly shocking.  Keenum was instantly a bad idea last year, especially since the Bronco's were in a draft position to take Rosen or Allen without even trading up which is ultra rare these days.  OR they could have moved up to 3 even easier than we did because they were ahead of us.  Instead they go stop gap with Keenum, with what as a plan?  They pass on a historic QB class to get to what?  A known terrible QB class this year?  Now he compounds the mistake by moving on from Keenum who they will have to eat like 10 mill on this year to move on to the complete lateral move that is Joe Friggan Flacco?  The guy had a lower QB rating last year than Keenum with far better coaching, and despite having half of the picks... he just makes nothing happen out there.  Add in that he is 4 years older.  I am actually glad I am not a Broncos fan.  

22 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I can't get over how poorly Elway has handled the QB position.  It is honestly shocking.  Keenum was instantly a bad idea last year, especially since the Bronco's were in a draft position to take Rosen or Allen without even trading up which is ultra rare these days.  OR they could have moved up to 3 even easier than we did because they were ahead of us.  Instead they go stop gap with Keenum, with what as a plan?  They pass on a historic QB class to get to what?  A known terrible QB class this year?  Now he compounds the mistake by moving on from Keenum who they will have to eat like 10 mill on this year to move on to the complete lateral move that is Joe Friggan Flacco?  The guy had a lower QB rating last year than Keenum with far better coaching, and despite having half of the picks... he just makes nothing happen out there.  Add in that he is 4 years older.  I am actually glad I am not a Broncos fan.  

Yea, I don't get it either, especially from a guy who was a great QB.

23 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yea, I don't get it either, especially from a guy who was a great QB.

Great players are typically bad talent evaluators. 

I remember having this discussion regarding basketball. I wondered why Jordan was so bad at identifying talent and someone said to me that he probably tells players that “when you’re driving down the lane just jump from the free throw line and switch hands, I did it”

They’re so great, the game came so easy they  don’t see flaws the same way. A bad or average player has/had to work harder than naturally gifted players so they make better coaches because they can really emphasize the little things. 

Broncos will give up a just 4th round pick for Joe Flacco.  They still have enough ammo to trade up for Drew Lock if they want to.  Sitting back for Daniel Jones is not out of question.   Flacco has 3 years left on contract  Case Keenun has one.

I think Broncos make a good plan for qb situation. Even better if Flacco agrees to take paycut.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You guys don't get it?  John Elway had never touched SB trophy until he was freaking 37 years old. 

He was always a outstanding QB, he was under 37 when he was in his first SB. I don't get your point.

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Great players are typically bad talent evaluators. 

I remember having this discussion regarding basketball. I wondered why Jordan was so bad at identifying talent and someone said to me that he probably tells players that “when you’re driving down the lane just jump from the free throw line and switch hands, I did it”

They’re so great, the game came so easy they  don’t see flaws the same way. A bad or average player has/had to work harder than naturally gifted players so they make better coaches because they can really emphasize the little things. 

It funny you say that, but is so true. That was Ted Williams , when he was MGR of the Washington Senators he could never understand why his players could not play like him.