2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m saying in conjunction with that. Ideally I’d love to try and snag one of the Raiders 1st rounders and get WR help. Let’s say we get the Bears pick from them nab Quinenn Williams at 3 and either Hollywood Brown or Hakeem Butler with the other pick.

Personally, I don't think we'll get a 1st for Leo.  It's too strong of a d-line class.  Said this a while back, but I think the Browns make a ton of sense as a trade partner.  They have the worst DT situation in football, a ton of cap space, and extra picks.  A mid 2nd makes sense.

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Personally, I don't think we'll get a 1st for Leo.  It's too strong of a d-line class.  Said this a while back, but I think the Browns make a ton of sense as a trade partner.  They have the worst DT situation in football, a ton of cap space, and extra picks.  A mid 2nd makes sense.

I’d be okay with that but I think he could definitely garner a late 1st, brought up the Raiders because of their surplus of picks, Gruden being a big fan of his, and them needing help all over the DL.

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’d be okay with that but I think he could definitely garner a late 1st, brought up the Raiders because of their surplus of picks, Gruden being a big fan of his, and them needing help all over the DL.

I don’t see anyone paying a 1st for him with his option next year, hitting FA in 2020, etc. 

I feel like a potential for for a Leo trade would be a swap with Jacksonville. They have two disgruntled players that are in a similar situation, Ramsey and Fournette. I'd personally rather keep Leo, but swapping for either of them could make sense. 

5 hours ago, drew39k said:

I feel like a potential for for a Leo trade would be a swap with Jacksonville. They have two disgruntled players that are in a similar situation, Ramsey and Fournette. I'd personally rather keep Leo, but swapping for either of them could make sense. 

I see your point, and if the Jets keep playing Leo at DE I would make that deal. Leo could be the best DT in the league if they move him inside, with his insane power that is where he should be playing, he doesn't have the moves to be a edge rusher.

t

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Easier said than done. 

We are not in the position to be creating holes for the sake of creating holes. 

We have 100 million in cap space and like I stated, very easy to find DTs, so yes we are in SOME position to be thinking about it. This is not a position on the field to prioritize. Leonard Williams is a good player no question, but he’s replaceable, and when your roster is one of the least talented in football, these are the moves you make to fill other voids. It would be very wise to trade him and sign his replacement. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

We have 100 million in cap space and like I stated, very easy to find DTs, so yes we are in SOME position to be thinking about it. This is not a position on the field to prioritize. Leonard Williams is a good player no question, but he’s replaceable, and when your roster is one of the least talented in football, these are the moves you make to fill other voids. It would be very wise to trade him and sign his replacement. 

If it was very easy to find every team would have good interior rushes and run defense. 

We are not in position to move our good players right now. 

Unless we’re blown away by an offer then you keep him. 

100M or not, we can keep him and use money elsewhere. 

I think you guys are crazy to even think about trading Leo. He is a leader on the D along with Adams. He does things that stats don;t show and that is being double and sometimes tripled team. This makes it easier for people like Anderson and other guys to make the plays. He is WAY more valuable than you think. You just can't replace a guy like that. He demands double coverage or better and there are not many guys in the league that do that. Aaron Donald gets the same attention but he still makes plays. That is the difference between a pro bowl guy and an all pro guy. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If it was very easy to find every team would have good interior rushes and run defense. 

We are not in position to move our good players right now. 

Unless we’re blown away by an offer then you keep him. 

100M or not, we can keep him and use money elsewhere. 

I respectfully disagree and while I understand what you are saying I would test the market for him instead of paying him if we could. Obviously it’s got to be worth it for us. I agree Leo is one of our rare good players but at this point he isn’t even untouchable.