2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

9 hours ago, drew39k said:

I feel like a potential for for a Leo trade would be a swap with Jacksonville. They have two disgruntled players that are in a similar situation, Ramsey and Fournette. I'd personally rather keep Leo, but swapping for either of them could make sense. 

DL for skill position player?  It is highly impossible, imo.

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Easier said than done. 

We are not in the position to be creating holes for the sake of creating holes. 

Yeah.. Jets are supposed to build the roster by adding prospects, not subtracting one and replacing him by different player.  Still, we have to wait until HC and DC are hired.

• Like 1

It'll be WAY easier to find a #2 to go with AB & Q than it is to find a #1 to go with Robby & Q. Sign Tyrell Williams, same player.

Now giving up a 2nd vs moving down from #3 to #20 (speculating) is a lot less costly than moving down that far. So that trade would theoretically make a ton of sense.

Edited by jetjuice

3 minutes ago, famousj said:

I like the idea of teaming Jamal Adams with Earl Thomas.  If the Gregg Williams becomes the DC he can deploy Jamal Adams, Earl Thomas and Marcus Maye in his 4-6 defensive scheme. 

I've thought about this too. Considering how many holes we have and the amount of money we have to spend, why not just enter FA and sign the BPA- almost how we traditionally would operate in the draft- to field the best team possible?

Since he arrived, Jamal has spent about half of his snaps at "LB" so it can absolutely work. With Maye always ailing, having less snaps may be the best way to keep him healthy and effective. .

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I've thought about this too. Considering how many holes we have and the amount of money we have to spend, why not just enter FA and sign the BPA- almost how we traditionally would operate in the draft- to field the best team possible?

Since he arrived, Jamal has spent about half of his snaps at "LB" so it can absolutely work. With Maye always ailing, having less snaps may be the best way to keep him healthy and effective. .

Not only that but if the NFL defenses use more packages with extra DB's now than ever before. Look at what the Chargers just did against the Ravens, they played 7 DB's the majority of the game.

• Like 1