2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Coughlin was fed up with how Fournette approached the season. As soon as adversity hit and the team started losing, he lost focus. From Tom’s perspective, he’s making Fournette the focal point of the offense and that’s how he’s repaid (out of shape, slow recovery, not invested, etc)

This isn’t new for Fournette. Always had a slight sense of entitlement and doesn’t give full effort unless his team is winning. Was the same story at LSU. 

Coughlin was also not happy with him and Yeldon joking around on the bench.  Jax also voided the remaining guarantees in his contract due to the suspension from fighting this year.  Messy situation.

All said and done, I would not want Fournette.  Seems to be always dinged up going back to LSU days as well.

Fournette is a talent, but a talent that rarely plays. He’s always injured. Which was his only question really in the draft and it’s proven to be true. He’s better then what we have, so I’d welcome him. But I wouldn’t give up any significant asset for him.

Regarding Brown... I’d love to add him. I’d be ok with giving up asserts for him as his skill set matches that. Adding Bell and Brown would be incredible.

I would rather not have Antonio Brown or Leonard Fournette.  I see too much Keyshawn Johnson in Antonio Brown.   Not a good player to have on a team in which you are trying to develop a  young QB.    Leonard Fournette has great ability but has shown to be injury prone with a bad attitude.   Another quality you don't want around a young QB.   I would go after LeVeon Bell because I know he just wants to get to paid and will put the numbers up to take pressure off Sam Darnold.  The player that would be of more interest to me is A.J. Green if the Bengals decide to part ways.   I don't see MIke Evans leaving Tampa Bay with the decision to keep Jameis Winston around.

There's a ton of weapons that will be available on both sides of the ball. I have to give Mac credit for putting us in a great position to really put together a team this offseason.

Thankfully with what we have in Darnold and some other young talent if we draw in a great Head Coach we can easily attract some talent this offseasOn/ Maybe Bowles ends up as head coach in Arizona and we can get some picks out of him for some players here that love him.

I have no idea how the Jets are going to handle the offseason, but they must make bold moves in improved the offensive, that is a must. We need depth at wide receiver, look how easy Belichick shut down Rob Anderson & Chris Herndon, held them to 3 receptions & a total of 24 yards. We need another power running back to go along with Crowell, this guy Mc Guire, could be a good third down back, but he is not a every down back ( Bell could solve that problem ).  The offensive line needs to pick up at least two first rate players either in the draft or FA. Don't expect to much help in the draft with only one pick in the first 67 players in the draft. Unless we trade down and pick up a second round pick. This is what we need to help Darnold be a success.

And the days of drafting development players in OVER, we have had four years of this crap and Macc has failed miserably, not one player has he developed.

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

This is the type of stuff I was waiting for. Now, was he mad at him for something like his effort? I'm sure more will come out soon. 

Roethlisberger backs Tomlin. Brown clashes with Tomlin. Simply don't like each other. 

Big Ben and AB have always been close, but between Tomlin and the Le'Veon Bell situation (teammates talking badly of him for not showing up) Brown grew a hatred for the Steelers. That's at least what I have heard. 

As a locker room guy, I don't think Bell is a risk . He just wants to get paid what he feels he is worth. Once he gets paid, I don't think he will be a cancer. He seems like a good person actually. Although from afar, it's hard to judge. He does a lot of charity work for PETA and appeared in one of their ads. 

Antonio Brown is more of locker room risk. But is it him or is it Ben? I think there's more to that story and it's likely something that has been bubbling up for a couple of years now. Either way, he is a prima donna. Fortunately, he will be the go to receiver on this team. So, for the foreseeable future, he won't be an issue. If we were to get Bell and Brown, both of them will be the focal point of the offense with Enunwa, Anderson and Herndon being complimentary players. That's a deadly group actually. You won't be able to double Anderson and Enunwa and Herndon would cause havoc in the middle of the field. Talk about giving Darnold weapons. The only thing that would hold us back in that situation is the OL which we could use the rest of our assets on. 

Edited by SDotNova

7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Roethlisberger backs Tomlin. Brown clashes with Tomlin. Simply don't like each other. 

Big Ben and AB have always been close, but between Tomlin and the Le'Veon Bell situation (teammates talking badly of him for not showing up) Brown grew a hatred for the Steelers. That's at least what I have heard. 

That's interesting. It does seem like there's more to this story. If Brown and Bell are good friends, I could see how the way the Steelers treated Bell could make him upset. Sounds like he just needs a change of scenery. Has Brown been known as a diva in the past? I don't recall him viewed that way before. Seems like think are just crashing down in that locker room. 

What is Antonio Brown worth though? He is 30 years old and likely has 3 or 4 more years of high quality play. The Steelers would have to eat $21M of dead money if they trade him. But the receiving team would only be on the hook for roughly $12M per year over 3 years. 

I think our 3rd overall pick is too much to give up. The only way it would make sense for us is 3rd overall for Brown and the 20th overall. Otherwise, I would rather us trade back and grab one of the many receivers in this draft. They likely won't be as good as Brown, but we would have that player for much longer. Or just take Josh Allen or Jonah Williams at pick 3 and grab best available WR with our 3rd round pick. 

Not sure that trade makes sense for the Steelers though unless they want one of the top DL players or if they want Josh Allen. If they pair a guy like Josh Allen with TJ Watt, that would be pretty scary. If I am them though, I would try and get a first in the teens straight up. They would be better off picking 12th and 20th than picking 3rd. 

Edited by SDotNova

21 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

What is Antonio Brown worth though? He is 30 years old and likely has 3 or 4 more years of high quality play. The Steelers would have to eat $21M of dead money if they trade him. But the receiving team would only be on the hook for roughly $12M per year over 3 years. 

I think our 3rd overall pick is too much to give up. The only way it would make sense for us is 3rd overall for Brown and the 20th overall. Otherwise, I would rather us trade back and grab one of the many receivers in this draft. They likely won't be as good as Brown, but we would have that player for much longer. Or just take Josh Allen or Jonah Williams at pick 3 and grab best available WR with our 3rd round pick. 

Not sure that trade makes sense for the Steelers though unless they want one of the top DL players or if they want Josh Allen. If they pair a guy like Josh Allen with TJ Watt, that would be pretty scary. If I am them though, I would try and get a first in the teens straight up. They would be better off picking 12th and 20th than picking 3rd. 

3rd round pick

7 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That's interesting. It does seem like there's more to this story. If Brown and Bell are good friends, I could see how the way the Steelers treated Bell could make him upset. Sounds like he just needs a change of scenery. Has Brown been known as a diva in the past? I don't recall him viewed that way before. Seems like think are just crashing down in that locker room. 

He’s absolutely been a diva, but again, they won a super bowl with him. He’s got a bit of the TO syndrome: extremely hard worker, wants to be the best, but absolutely a diva. 

I think a change of scenary will do him and the team that acquires him well in the short term. He’s grown tired of the Steelers. He doesn’t think he’s appreciated enough and hates how they treated Mike Wallace and Le’Veon. 

Antonio Brown has requested a trade. Im told it was not a demand but he has asked to be dealt. Very unlikely Rooney would capitulate. Brown has issues with Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger. Feels like the coach is too aligned with the QB.

And there you have it. Jason La Canfora reporting, but this is what I have heard as well. 

My thing about Antonio Brown is that Ben is the most hyper dramatic QB on earth. I'm not worried about AB because i think Ben is a drama queen.

Also let me say I'm entirely off Funchess. I'm pretty positive he lost snaps this year and was relegated to like fourth receiver at some point.

Edited by Colt45fool

At this point, I think Brown and Ben are hard to deal with. Ben ripped his Wrs on radio stations, flirted with the idea of retiring and threw a fit when the team drafted another QB. Ryan confirmed my biggest concern about Brown and how he views himself. I love players with confidence, but his is insane. I give all the props to Tomlin for being able to deal with them and the attention Bell brought to the team. 

Macc's job is on the line and he knows it. I know he's going to make moves for the sexier names. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we tried for Bell and had Fournette as a backup plan or even call the Giants for Odell. I'm not saying we should do all this, but Macc doesn't have a choice because he has to give his new coach players to work with and have to give the franchise hope this offseason.