2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

16 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Artie Burns might be cut before camp per reports.  If so, we should pick him up.

I was hoping we would look into trading the KC 6th for him. So picking him off waivers or as a free agent would be even better.

PFF did a piece on him that suggest his struggles could be because of scheme. In man coverage, he does ok but struggles in zone. He can come up and tackle as well. 

Reports are that Trent Williams won't report to the Redskins and has requested to be traded/released. I'm a fan of Beachum, but he's not even in the same stratosphere as Williams. He'll be 31 in July so he's not a long-term answer and hasn't played a full season since 2013, but the Jets need to at least test the waters on this one; he could be a huge boost to the offensive line and help the team win during Darnold's contractual window (before he becomes expensive). Wonder if they would consider a swap for Beachum and draft pick compensation.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Reports are that Trent Williams won't report to the Redskins and has requested to be traded/released. I'm a fan of Beachum, but he's not even in the same stratosphere as Williams. He'll be 31 in July so he's not a long-term answer and hasn't played a full season since 2013, but the Jets need to at least test the waters on this one; he could be a huge boost to the offensive line and help the team win during Darnold's contractual window (before he becomes expensive). Wonder if they would consider a swap for Beachum and draft pick compensation.

Jason La Canfora is reporting that the issue isn't financial and that Williams has vowed not to play for the Redskins because of how they've handled his medical situation. I hope whoever we hire is all over this, especially if the skins are forced to deal him for less than market value.  

Redskins don't need Trent Williams because they have Ereck Flowers on the roster.  lol.    I like the notion of swapping LTs.

edit.  meant to reply to Jetskid's post.  Beachum and Williams swap.

Edited by JetsandI

Got a ?. I live in Florida, and this years charge for Direct TV for six months is $ 49.99 per month for the Sunday ticket. This is a big jump from last year charge. Just wonder what other people on this board are paying, who live outside the Metro area. Two years ago I paid a total of $199.00 for the whole season.

Edited by doumeyer

5 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

We have to at least look into this - first agenda item for the new GM.  CJ needs to pull the trigger ASAP

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Got a ?. I live in Florida, and this years charge for Direct TV for six months is $ 49.99 per month for the Sunday ticket. This is a big jump from last year charge. Just wonder what other people on this board are paying, who live outside the Metro area. Two years ago I paid a total of $199.00 for the whole season.

I got it for free when I signed up when we had it, this was maybe 5 years ago in FL. When the bill hiked I called and said we were going to cancel and go to Comcast. After some slight haggling they gave the “checked with my manager” spiel and kept us locked in with the same price/product for 2 more years. Sunday ticket was free the first year and then discounted the second.

14 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Since I have Comcast, the NFL package isn’t an option. I move to Florida after I retired iinJan of 2013. The first 4 years I would go to cigar bars to watch the games, but the last 2 i’ve just listened on Tune In radio. The announcers are pretty good and more familiar with the players. They do, imo a better job at pointing out who makes the good and bad individual plays. Of course I usually get to see about 4-5 games, the two against Miami, any national games and a lot of times they put the Jets on when Miami is either playing an NFL team, their bye week or when Miami and the Jets play at different time.

2 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Since I have Comcast, the NFL package isn’t an option. I move to Florida after I retired iinJan of 2013. The first 4 years I would go to cigar bars to watch the games, but the last 2 i’ve just listened on Tune In radio. The announcers are pretty good and more familiar with the players. They do, imo a better job at pointing out who makes the good and bad individual plays. Of course I usually get to see about 4-5 games, the two against Miami, any national games and a lot of times they put the Jets on when Miami is either playing an NFL team, their bye week or when Miami and the Jets play at different time.

Thanks Rich & Gang green for the info.