2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

I’m not sure, haven’t been able to find it. 

Yeap, and he only just turned 26. 

Washington Redskins Cap Space: $22.9 Million

Key Free Agents: Preston Smith, HaHa Clinton-Dix, Jamison Crowder, Adrian Peterson, Pernell McPhee

EDIT: Did not realize Crowder was a free agent. The Jets should absolutely be interested in him as well.

Edited by BlaZeN37

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We don’t know if we’re going to be a 3-4 or 4-3 team next year. 

I prefer the 4-3, seems teams just play faster and our personnel fits that scheme better outside of lacking EDGE rushers and another Linebacker.

I also hope we return to this base. 

10 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Key Free Agents: Preston Smith, HaHa Clinton-Dix, Jamison Crowder, Adrian Peterson, Pernell McPhee

EDIT: Did not realize Crowder was a free agent. The Jets should absolutely be interested in him as well.

Eh, Crowder ain't all that. Plus he's never healthy. I'd be pretty disappointed if we only added him at WR. I'd much rather make a push for Tyler Lockett.

12 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

The bold is who we should be interested in. He’s a much better pass rusher than his sack numbers indicate. Only 26, I can see him breaking out this year.

Ideal offseason for me would include signing him and one of Brandon Graham/Dante Fowler, go into the draft without an egde need. In this scenario, Jenkins becomes the base SLB/rotational EDGE, and in that scenario the Jets can still consider Josh Allen at 3. 

• DL: Smith, Williams, Anderson(?)/Shepherd, Fowler/Graham 
  • LB: Jenkins/Allen, Williamson, Lee

Just hear on the radio the Steelers are willing to trade Brown. As much as we need him giving up a third overall pick for a guy who will be 31 before the season starts, is a bit much. I will give up  our pick for OB jr

Edited by doumeyer

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just hear on the radio the Steelers are willing to trade Brown. As much as we need him giving up a third overall pick for a guy who will be 31 before the season starts, is a bit much.

He's not worth any first rounder at this point. His contract and age are too hard to swallow for that price. 

6 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I had the same thought process @jetskid007.

I would love to double dip on two young second tier pass rushers in free agency. The only issue is that it’s likely all the top tier rushers don’t see the market, which makes it likely that Fowler/Smith get overpaid.

So overpay. The bottom line is with the way the salary cap is trending, the sooner you get it over with the better because this time next year, equal talent will see a 15-20% pay increase. Just make sure you protect yourself in case you need to get out of the contract in a year or two. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Potentially.  I think we look to re-sign Anderson at a cheaper price than what Leo would cost. 

I’m saying in conjunction with that. Ideally I’d love to try and snag one of the Raiders 1st rounders and get WR help. Let’s say we get the Bears pick from them nab Quinenn Williams at 3 and either Hollywood Brown or Hakeem Butler with the other pick.

13 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

This to me makes it more likely we’re interested in Quinenn Williams

Ugh that would be SUCH a stupid move. Trade one DT for just to draft another. Just like we traded Revis just to draft Milliner. Get the damn pass rusher at 3 and use the 2nd on another need. DTs are very easily obtainable on the market too. No need to keep drafting them this high it clearly has NOT worked out.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Ugh that would be SUCH a stupid move. Trade one DT for just to draft another. Just like we traded Revis just to draft Milliner. Get the damn pass rusher at 3 and use the 2nd on another need. DTs are very easily obtainable on the market too. No need to keep drafting them this high it clearly has NOT worked out.

I would take Allen over Quinenn but I see a lot of Sub in Quinenn game