DeShone Kizer announced starter

BwickRedux

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

I hope you are as right about this as you were about Kizer.

Its crazy that I'm getting that same feeling. 

It makes too much sense. Gordon doesn't have any other chances and has a kid now. He's got to make money theres no way around it anymore. He's got one last shot +we need a number 1 receiver = Kizer to Gordon 

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I hope you are as right about this as you were about Kizer.

I would say that this just might be a little pre mature.  Perspective people.  Kizer has played part of 3 pre season games, one each as 1st 2nd and 3rd string.  He has shown some promise, and some cringe worthy play.  I believe anointing him the GOAT as some here seem to want to do may just be a bit early.

I hope that brownie was right, being named the starter for a previously 1 and 15 team in the preseason does not make him the answer however.  Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Watch this video and tell me this kid isn't the one and I'll give you the internet shaming you deserve.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/9-burning-questions-for-Browns-QB-DeShone-Kizer/62d7ab2d-1315-4f09-9d8e-3d6cdac3190c

I love DeShone Kizer.  Enough to spell his name correctly, even.

Everything he said sounded good except when he was talking about leading players differently and understanding Joe Thomas and leading him in a way that would get the most out of him.

You aren't there to lead Joe Thomas and I hope he doesn't try, although I'm sure Joe would just laugh it off. Joe knows his job and does his job to the best of his ability and it doesn't matter if Tom Brady or Adolph Hitler is under center. He should do well commanding a huddle and eventually be a leader who can help out his teammates but it won't be his LT until Joe is gone.

This isn't meant to be a negative post against Kizer just a humorous observation. 

10 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I think that's why he singled him out. He is aware that he cannot tell that man a thing other than the play call.

Well he was talking about leading Joe in a way to get the most out of Joe, that was the funny part. I suppose that could mean just knowing he doesn't need any advise or direction but that wasn't how it came off. Again, he is a rookie and is saying the right things I just wouldn't have used Joe as the example. He certainly has a future up in the booth he is a very smooth talker with a pleasant voice. In that regard he is no Bernie Kosar. Hopefully that is 15+ years and 1+ SB victories down the road.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Everything he said sounded good except when he was talking about leading players differently and understanding Joe Thomas and leading him in a way that would get the most out of him.

You aren't there to lead Joe Thomas and I hope he doesn't try, although I'm sure Joe would just laugh it off. Joe knows his job and does his job to the best of his ability and it doesn't matter if Tom Brady or Adolph Hitler is under center. He should do well commanding a huddle and eventually be a leader who can help out his teammates but it won't be his LT until Joe is gone.

to me thats why he said he has to lead differently  depending on the players. He still has to be the leader of the offense because everything goes through him. He cant just ignore Joe. Kizer prolly wants to lead him in a way that a vet like Joe wants to win and he wants to lead joe to that.

Kizer is just smart that he has to lead the OL different than the WRs. He has to be a different kind of leader when it comes to the younger guy and vets. 

• 2 years later...