DeShone Kizer announced starter

BwickRedux

I don't think Kizer is ready...

Things to remember: Derek Carr lost his first 10 games and was 0-10 despite showing flashes...

I don't think we lose like that raiders team, but if it gets bad we have to stay the course just like the raiders did that year...Hue can't revert back to Brock or Cody just to win....he has to stay the course....

Also, it puts us in the position if Kizer and the team stinks it up that we are a better position draft wise to select the future franchise QB.

So, in the end, it's probably the right move....but I hope Hue has the patience to see it through

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I don't think Kizer is ready...

Things to remember: Derek Carr lost his first 10 games and was 0-10 despite showing flashes...

I don't think we lose like that raiders team, but if it gets bad we have to stay the course just like the raiders did that year...Hue can't revert back to Brock or Cody just to win....he has to stay the course....

Also, it puts us in the position if Kizer and the team stinks it up that we are a better position draft wise to select the future franchise QB.

So, in the end, it's probably the right move....but I hope Hue has the patience to see it through

Patience isn't the issue. It's keeping him healthy. That's how we run through 20 something qbs in 20 years. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm 100% in favor of this for a few reasons:

1. Brock has done nothing thus far to show he's clearly better than Kizer. Advantage always goes to the rookie over a 6 year vet in these situations, especially with mediocre at best career numbers.

2. I'd like to see what Kizer has all year this year with multiple 1sts again next year and 3 very highly touted QB's available next year most likely (Darnold, Rosen, Allen).

3. Kizer has shown flashes of looking very solid, although he's had rookie moments too (every young QB does it seems).

4. The OL he has in front of him is very capable and solid, so we don't have to worry about him getting worked ala David Carr.

5. For some reason, I've thought all along irrationally that Brock was being showcased in a few games and if he was moderately successful, they'd try to pawn him off for a draft pick/player on another team, eat a portion of his salary, and dump a portion of his salary.

JMHO

This sums it up pretty well.

Kizer's gonna make a lot of mistakes, but it's not really a short-term downgrade, given how the other 2 have performed.

57 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Patience isn't the issue. It's keeping him healthy. That's how we run through 20 something qbs in 20 years. 

Injury concern is Facts...hopefully he slides and avoids contact so we can get a good evaluation on him

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

#4 is a great point.  He's also going to have a decent ground game as well.  

I think that it could potentially be a situation similar to what Dak Prescott went through last year.  Crowell in a contract year has the potential to be dynamic.  Our O-line has the potential to be one of the top ones in the league.  

Both of those things could (and hopefully will) contribute to Kizer having some success.  

(I think our defense might be better than Dallas' defense was last year.)

I wish, but no.  Their line is still head and shoulders above our improved line.  I love our backs but they aren't in the same level.  Finally, last but not least, Dez.  Britt will never be that type of player.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Incompetence has played a fairly significant role too.

Incompetence has played a huge role.  We have wasted some very high picks on QBs that we're just down right awful.  One of which couldn't even really throw a football which is kinda a big deal for a qb.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

There is nothing that Cody did this year or last that has looked better than the pro ability Kizer has showed this far 

Well Cody also played in real games against teams with real game plans against actual NFL starters.

I realize I'm speaking to a stage mom here, but let's keep things in perspective. ;)