Jump to content
.Buzz

The Offseason Thread (News and Notes)

Recommended Posts

I'd be A-ok with Tyrod with a rookie in the first round or two. Think he'd be a good vet for a took ala Mayfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'd be A-ok with Tyrod with a rookie in the first round or two. Think he'd be a good vet for a took ala Mayfield.

I'm telling you right now after what happened to Tyrod in the Baker Mayfield situation Tyrod will not put himself in another situation to be pitted against a QB that was drafted highly its not going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I'm telling you right now after what happened to Tyrod in the Baker Mayfield situation Tyrod will not put himself in another situation to be pitted against a QB that was drafted highly its not going to happen. 

Tyrod isn't finding a job to be the man anywhere dude. He'll go where the money is, and it won't break the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairly confident LF won’t be on the team next year. Seems like they are fed up with him.

The fact Coughlin called him out for Sunday and then it comes out his GTD money got voided, that should seal the deal. Maybe Mayock is still high on him?

As for QB, I feel like they will go after Foles/Flacco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Fairly confident LF won’t be on the team next year. Seems like they are fed up with him.

The fact Coughlin called him out for Sunday and then it comes out his GTD money got voided, that should seal the deal. Maybe Mayock is still high on him?

As for QB, I feel like they will go after Foles/Flacco.

I would be for Foles. He'd bring an instant ability to turn it around if we get a decent playcaller. Flacco would be alright.

I'm ok with whatever they plan for LF after this year. I thought he was on his way to being a key cog for this team for the next several years but the guys head just doesn't seem in it. He also was out produced by Yeldon behind the same makeshift OL.

I still think he has the ability, but with all of his antics and what he's paid compared to most RB's along with the lack of production...idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I would be for Foles. He'd bring an instant ability to turn it around if we get a decent playcaller. Flacco would be alright.

I'm ok with whatever they plan for LF after this year. I thought he was on his way to being a key cog for this team for the next several years but the guys head just doesn't seem in it. He also was out produced by Yeldon behind the same makeshift OL.

I still think he has the ability, but with all of his antics and what he's paid compared to most RB's along with the lack of production...idk.

I’d be fine with either Foles/Flacco. Obviously will still need a QB of the future (Haskins, Lock and etc.)

They need to invest heavily on offense through the Draft. Literally every position on offense.

And Fournette’s “production” can easily be replaced. The RB room could have all new faces next season. Maybe keep Grant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’d be fine with either Foles/Flacco. Obviously will still need a QB of the future (Haskins, Lock and etc.)

They need to invest heavily on offense through the Draft. Literally every position on offense.

And Fournette’s “production” can easily be replaced. The RB room could have all new faces next season. Maybe keep Grant.

I expect a slew of new RBs as well.

We definitely need to load up on skill positions. Only guys at WR/TE I'd like to definitely see around next year are Lee (not huge on him but he's decent), Dede, Chark, and ASJ. JOS I think is a solid depth TE and Cole I think would be good to keep around to see if he can get back on track. Besides that...meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Calais was told today that he will be back in 2019.

No way you cut a guy who's a top run defender at his position who also had 10.5 sacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

 

Breaking news

This dude is such an idiot.

Really looking forward to the candidate pool though. Our defense with or without Wash will be solid/good next year imo. Whether we turn it around or not rests squarely on us hitting this hire out of the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This dude is such an idiot.

Really looking forward to the candidate pool though. Our defense with or without Wash will be solid/good next year imo. Whether we turn it around or not rests squarely on us hitting this hire out of the park.

He just throws crap at the wall and hope it sticks. Everybody and their mother knows there is going to be a massive overhaul offensively (staff and players).

Prisco bought it up but Todd Monken for OC would be solid. I want to get rid of this offense where we are stuck in the 1960’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He just throws crap at the wall and hope it sticks. Everybody and their mother knows there is going to be a massive overhaul offensively (staff and players).

Prisco bought it up but Todd Monken for OC would be solid. I want to get rid of this offense where we are stuck in the 1960’s. 

Yeah, idk how he has a prominent job like he does. 

Monken would be a good hire, I agree. DeFlippo is another name that intrigues me. Koetter, although older, I think has proven to be a strong offensive mind if we decide to go for an older/experienced guy (would prefer Monken/DeFlippo, but...). 

Anyone have a rundown on McAdoo as strictly an OC? Thought he was pretty highly viewed in NYG in that role prior to the failure as a HC. Figure he at least gets a look with the Coughlin link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'd be A-ok with Tyrod with a rookie in the first round or two. Think he'd be a good vet for a took ala Mayfield.

Honestly, that's probably an ideal situation with this draft.

 

Get yourself a Tyrod...he's not terrible, he won't cost you games.  This isn't a draft where you've got half a dozen guys who will step in year one probably.  A guy like Tyrod relieves your pressure to start a guy too early, and that can be important.  

If we're spending on a Tyrod type though...i'd have to assume that means we're expecting a longer development time from our QB...which probably means we're not grabbing a guy Rnd1 anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×