The Offseason Thread (News and Notes)

.Buzz

Hey guys doing a FF Mock where all subforums choose their guy. 

Right now I got 

1) Kyler Murray

2) Nick Bosa

3) Josh Allen

4) Quinnen Williams

5) Devin White

6) Dwayne Haskins

You are on the clock.

I’ll lock the pick in when either your designated pick user makes a selection, which I will designate @Tugboat or when two users say the same pick. Whichever comes first. Thanks. 

59 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

I know Taylor has been linked to us alot lately, but any thoughts on Dillard at LT to push Cam to (what many feels) his natural RT position?

Dillard is intriguing. Id be interested in that I think as well but it sounds like they won't move Cam off LT.

On 15/03/2019 at 9:06 PM, LinderFournette said:

arms size isnt right for Marrones OL style. he likes them like 34 inch + in draft picks. 

Arm size isn't right, but more importantly...i don't think he really profiles as even the right type of OT for Marrone (or Coughlin for that matter).  He's far more of a "finesse" pass protector than a big imposing LT type.  And coming out of a Mike Leach system no less.  Granted...things are always more fluid than that, and we do have to consider that DeFilippo is our OC now and that may play into things a bit.  He may have some different, more athletic preferences in his OLinemen.  But yeah...as a whole, Dillard just doesn't seem likely to me.

On 26/03/2019 at 9:59 AM, .Buzz said:

That's fine.  I'm sure Lee will be injured against before mid-season anyway.  Take 'er easy Qise.

On 27/03/2019 at 7:42 PM, DuvalsKing said:

This part 

I think people really overlook how much of our "great defense" was built via FA rather than the draft.  Campbell, Malik, Gipson, Bouye were all key pieces...all brought in via huge money overpay FA deals.  Sure, a lot of them have reasonably easy "outs" in terms of dead money...but you've still gotta replace a handful of your best players on your stout defense somehow.  For cheap.