Jump to content
.Buzz

The Offseason Thread (News and Notes)

Recommended Posts

Telvin being MIA is a non issue right now. If you dont care about Jalen not being there then dont care about Telvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Telvin being MIA is a non issue right now. If you dont care about Jalen not being there then dont care about Telvin

Its 1 thing of hes gonna work out on his own like ramsey who told the team. 

As for telvin he hasnt been in communication with the team and as far as we know not working out and for all we know he could be sitting at the beach drinking some coronas.  Theres also the fact of his decline of play from last year.

 

On a similiar note:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/02/yannick-ngakoue-has-been-absent-from-offseason-workouts/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Its 1 thing of hes gonna work out on his own like ramsey who told the team. 

As for telvin he hasnt been in communication with the team and as far as we know not working out and for all we know he could be sitting at the beach drinking some coronas.  Theres also the fact of his decline of play from last year.

 

On a similiar note:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/02/yannick-ngakoue-has-been-absent-from-offseason-workouts/

As Yann should I said Yann needs to be paid before camp starts for moral reasons it’s deeper than what you see surface level. Yann needs to be paid because for (1) He’s avg 800k a yr in earnings over the past 3 yrs. (2) He’s been your most productive Dlineman on your squad the last 3 yrs. (3) Regardless of it being a business you want to make a good impression on future signees by doing things in a class way. Meaning you don’t want a guy in Josh Allen making more money than your stud who’s already put in work for you. You can’t have Josh Allen making more money than Yann going into the season.. it should be self explanatory as to why. (4) If Yann is injured and his play suffers or he misses the season like ARob going into a contract season he’s going to hurt his potential earnings.

Pay that man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

As Yann should I said Yann needs to be paid before camp starts for moral reasons it’s deeper than what you see surface level. Yann needs to be paid because for (1) He’s avg 800k a yr in earnings over the past 3 yrs. (2) He’s been your most productive Dlineman on your squad the last 3 yrs. (3) Regardless of it being a business you want to make a good impression on future signees by doing things in a class way. Meaning you don’t want a guy in Josh Allen making more money than your stud who’s already put in work for you. You can’t have Josh Allen making more money than Yann going into the season.. it should be self explanatory as to why. (4) If Yann is injured and his play suffers or he misses the season like ARob going into a contract season he’s going to hurt his potential earnings.

Pay that man!

I agree. Yans deal should have been done yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

As Yann should I said Yann needs to be paid before camp starts for moral reasons it’s deeper than what you see surface level. Yann needs to be paid because for (1) He’s avg 800k a yr in earnings over the past 3 yrs. (2) He’s been your most productive Dlineman on your squad the last 3 yrs. (3) Regardless of it being a business you want to make a good impression on future signees by doing things in a class way. Meaning you don’t want a guy in Josh Allen making more money than your stud who’s already put in work for you. You can’t have Josh Allen making more money than Yann going into the season.. it should be self explanatory as to why. (4) If Yann is injured and his play suffers or he misses the season like ARob going into a contract season he’s going to hurt his potential earnings.

Pay that man!

tbh tho, it didn't hurt ARob's earnings at all.  A smart team signed him to what he's worth and he's got paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Jalen gonna Jalen

Showing up to TC in an armored truck. Man i wonder what kind of contract he wants

An Los Angeles one probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Jalen gonna Jalen

Showing up to TC in an armored truck. Man i wonder what kind of contract he wants

Ya but i know that was done for entertainment value. 

Im fully expecting him to want to be the highest paid cb which he does deserve cuz hes the best corner in the league.  Gonna be some tough decisions. 

I originally wanted the jags to sign mike daniels to help shore up the 3tech spot but 1 it will cost us almost all of telvins freed up money i believe and 2) we need to use that cash to go get ngakoues deal done. 

Ngakoue should be showing up the 5th or 6th(i cant remember) because thats the last day u can accrue a season into free agency.  If he doesnt show his contract i think will roll over another year but im not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Daniels but not if it makes things hairy with Yannick and Jalen. Get those deals done. They did what you wanted. They balled out and need to get paid. This franchise has been waiting forever for a young pass rusher like Yannick and finally got a CB to be excited about that we’ve been waiting for since Mathis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Ya but i know that was done for entertainment value. 

Im fully expecting him to want to be the highest paid cb which he does deserve cuz hes the best corner in the league.  Gonna be some tough decisions. 

I originally wanted the jags to sign mike daniels to help shore up the 3tech spot but 1 it will cost us almost all of telvins freed up money i believe and 2) we need to use that cash to go get ngakoues deal done. 

Ngakoue should be showing up the 5th or 6th(i cant remember) because thats the last day u can accrue a season into free agency.  If he doesnt show his contract i think will roll over another year but im not sure. 

I think it really just comes down to whether Jalen wants to be the "highest paid CB", which would be fair.  Or if he's going to want to be one of the "highest paid defensive players", which i just don't think you can spend on a defensive back.  Even an elite lockdown corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I think it really just comes down to whether Jalen wants to be the "highest paid CB", which would be fair.  Or if he's going to want to be one of the "highest paid defensive players", which i just don't think you can spend on a defensive back.  Even an elite lockdown corner.

20 million isnt bad for a lockdown corner. Takes away hopkins and Hilton;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

20 million isnt bad for a lockdown corner. Takes away hopkins and Hilton;)

I think it is pretty bad.  And i think the idea that it completely erases Hopkins and Hilton is unrealistic.  Even if you optimistically believe Jalen can win consistent 1v1 matchups with elite receivers, there's just too much opposing teams can do schematically to uncover them with movement.  More than that...even the most elite lockdown corner is still going to have to rely on that defensive front to apply pressure, because if you give a decent QB enough time...an elite receiver will get themselves uncovered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 1:24 AM, Tugboat said:

I think it is pretty bad.  And i think the idea that it completely erases Hopkins and Hilton is unrealistic.  Even if you optimistically believe Jalen can win consistent 1v1 matchups with elite receivers, there's just too much opposing teams can do schematically to uncover them with movement.  More than that...even the most elite lockdown corner is still going to have to rely on that defensive front to apply pressure, because if you give a decent QB enough time...an elite receiver will get themselves uncovered.

Lets not forget that ramsey is the 1 indispensable piece on the defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Lets not forget that ramsey is the 1 indispensable piece on the defense. 

Nah.  I think that's probably either Calais or Yan.

 

The fact we don't have a ton of high-end depth behind Jalen and Bouye, notwithstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, Tugboat said:

Nah.  I think that's probably either Calais or Yan.

 

The fact we don't have a ton of high-end depth behind Jalen and Bouye, notwithstanding.

Without ramsey our defense would be crap.

Campbell is potentially replaced with josh allen in base and inside with bryan. 

Yan replaced by josh allen.  

Who replaces ramsey? Meeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×