The Offseason Thread (News and Notes)

.Buzz

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

I think allen can take over yans spot if coughlin f's up again. 

I’d be close to jumping ship if they screwed that one up. Remember all those failed DE experiments?

Derrick Harvey

Q Groves-RIP

Hugh douglas

Aaron Kampman

and i bet there are more and they all flopped hard despite decent investment 

Yan has done everything right up until this point. Pay the man

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’d be close to jumping ship if they screwed that one up. Remember all those failed DE experiments?

Derrick Harvey

Q Groves-RIP

Hugh douglas

Aaron Kampman

and i bet there are more and they all flopped hard despite decent investment 

Yan has done everything right up until this point. Pay the man

I agree but coughlin is incompetent as an executive/gm role

On 29/07/2019 at 8:41 PM, LinderFournette said:

I have more faith in Josh allen taking over and doing a good job then pick your corner replacing ramsey

The thing is, you can get by with just "decent" CBs.  If your front isn't good enough, it doesn't really matter how good your DBs are tbh.

14 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The thing is, you can get by with just "decent" CBs.  If your front isn't good enough, it doesn't really matter how good your DBs are tbh.

If ur gonna play tgat game well if u dont have corners who can cover the qb will get rid of the ball before the dline will even touch him. 

Both positions are dependent on each other. Ramsey's swag and willingness to play the run as well as making how the hell did he do that ints gives him the edge over yan. 

Cbs need the dl to pressure the qbs into throwing it sooner then later but the dl needs the cbs to cover well so the qb holds onto the ball so they can sack him. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hope so, i think Allen has a good shot if the defense can be ahead in the 4th more often

Probably going to come down heavily to how they actually end up using him, and how much.  If he gets say...Dante Fowler snaps...i think he might be really well situation to take that rookie sack title.  He'll have the support around him and plenty of other guys to draw attention, that other top rookie pass rushers may not have.  And he'll presumably be finding himself in a lot of "pin your ears back and go get 'em" situations if that's the case.