The Offseason Thread (News and Notes)

.Buzz

well if the rumors about Foles is true...why not AB?

I believe we are now $30M under, and that's before we dump Blake's. Admittedly I haven't looked at his demands or what our cap situation is yet, but I would guess it's close enough if we really wanted it.

The question is, do we want to?  lol

16 hours ago, Speedyg said:

well if the rumors about Foles is true...why not AB?

I believe we are now $30M under, and that's before we dump Blake's. Admittedly I haven't looked at his demands or what our cap situation is yet, but I would guess it's close enough if we really wanted it.

The question is, do we want to?  lol

🤨 How sway??? even at 30 mil under the cap and you got Foles to play for 10 which would not happen and you ate 21 mil with ABs cap number you’re 1 million in the hole. And even with him signing a new deal of 19 mil per yr and Foles at 10 mill a year you’re at a 1 mill cap number remaining .. but you have to maintain 10 mill at least to sign the draft class. 🤷‍♂️ it ain’t possible unless you’re  trading away assets to acquire a headache 🤕.

Edited by DuvalsKing

6 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

🤨 How sway??? even at 30 mil under the cap and you got Foles to play for 10 which would not happen and you ate 21 mil with ABs cap number you’re 1 million in the hole. And even with him signing a new deal of 19 mil per yr and Foles at 10 mill a year you’re at a 1 mill cap number remaining .. but you have to maintain 10 mill at least to sign the draft class. 🤷‍♂️ it ain’t possible unless you’re  trading away assets to acquire a headache 🤕.

Not to mention we can still rollover what we dont spend and we need to pay Yannick, Ramsey and Jack 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

HOLD UP, the Steelers took on 21M in dead cap to get rid of him?

That can't be right, can it?

🤣 Yes they got SHAFTED!

Just think they essentially got the same thing the Jags got back for Dante plus a 21 mill cap hit. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by DuvalsKing

16 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Really have no idea how the Steelers mishandled both Bell and Brown from press stand point, but I'm pretty sure just as they have done in the past, that they will find a replacement for their older veterans that they've let go.

I don’t think it’s the organizations mishandling.. you have to take into account the players personality’s. At the end of the day it’s the individuals choices that affected the Pittsburgh front office they can’t control the players. They tried to use Bell under guidelines of the CBA by retaining him with the franchise tag he played under it a year and refused to do it again. Browns situation where he leveraged his star power to get a new contract filled with guaranteed money after he sucked all the guaranteed money out of the Pitt contract. There isn’t much I think they could have done differently.

Edited by DuvalsKing

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

When people say Jalen can be a bit of a "distraction"...this is pretty much what they mean tbh.  Like cool...nothing smooths a relationship like tweeting at your boss how to do their job.  Even if it's obviously partly tongue in cheek.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

When people say Jalen can be a bit of a "distraction"...this is pretty much what they mean tbh.  Like cool...nothing smooths a relationship like tweeting at your boss how to do their job.  Even if it's obviously partly tongue in cheek.