Jump to content
bspice

A Brown or L Bell?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah hard pass on a guy who could be a complainer with a young QB and HC who wants everyone buying in. 

I disagree. And I generally don’t like guys with attitude issues. But I feel most great WRs have an attitude. So then never get a big time WR is the answer? I don’t think so. Especially when trying to develop a QB. I’d rather have a star with a mouth then have no one at all. And the draft a guy in the mid Rounds argument debate isn’t a legit repsiense back imo. I’ll give you the list of mid rounds WRs we’ve drafted recently that are not even on the team. So that’s not a viable option for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree. And I generally don’t like guys with attitude issues. But I feel most great WRs have an attitude. So then never get a big time WR is the answer? I don’t think so. Especially when trying to develop a QB. I’d rather have a star with a mouth then have no one at all. And the draft a guy in the mid Rounds argument debate isn’t a legit repsiense back imo. I’ll give you the list of mid rounds WRs we’ve drafted recently that are not even on the team. So that’s not a viable option for me.

No issues with Julio, Nuk, etc.  I wouldn’t say most.  Outside of OBJ and Antonio, I can’t think of any top 10 receivers with drama. With that said, I don’t want a guy who’ll complain to a young QB and put pressure on him to get him the ball. But that’s just me personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

No issues with Julio, Nuk, etc.  I wouldn’t say most.  Outside of OBJ and Antonio, I can’t think of any top 10 receivers with drama. With that said, I don’t want a guy who’ll complain to a young QB and put pressure on him to get him the ball. But that’s just me personally. 

I’m being more general in my statement. Most star WRs have egos. So I’m ok with the ego as long as the play matches. If Brown is a Me 1st guy for 2 seasons with us but I’d a big piece in developing Darnold into a franchise QB... was it not worth the drama and selfishness? For me yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree. And I generally don’t like guys with attitude issues. But I feel most great WRs have an attitude. So then never get a big time WR is the answer? I don’t think so. Especially when trying to develop a QB. I’d rather have a star with a mouth then have no one at all. And the draft a guy in the mid Rounds argument debate isn’t a legit repsiense back imo. I’ll give you the list of mid rounds WRs we’ve drafted recently that are not even on the team. So that’s not a viable option for me.

You cant just say we shouldnt draft WRs in middle rounds because weve been burnt before that is insane. We are still rebuilding. The character of this team is way mroe important than trading away precious draft capital to obtain a disgruntled veteran on the wrong side of 30. THis is what weve always done and thats why we are in this mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

You cant just say we shouldnt draft WRs in middle rounds because weve been burnt before that is insane. We are still rebuilding. The character of this team is way mroe important than trading away precious draft capital to obtain a disgruntled veteran on the wrong side of 30. THis is what weve always done and thats why we are in this mess.

Your train of thought is sound. But it’s nit reality. Has Macc drafted well? Especially in the mid rounds? For me the answer is No with no hesitation. Therefor the picks then become quite less valuable to me. If we had a GM that was drafting well, then yes the picks would be of higher value. In 4 full offseasons Macc hasn’t shown he has an eye for talent. Therefor I’d rather see us trade the picks for proven talent if the value is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m warming up to Bell. 

I think Gase will move him around and utilize him in a bunch of ways. 

He’d be more of an OW(offensive weapon) than just a Running Back. 

But I also think building up the trenches will be more of an emphasis for our staff this first offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m being more general in my statement. Most star WRs have egos. So I’m ok with the ego as long as the play matches. If Brown is a Me 1st guy for 2 seasons with us but I’d a big piece in developing Darnold into a franchise QB... was it not worth the drama and selfishness? For me yes

Not really though. You rarely here about locker room issues or drama from most of the elite receivers. And a me first guy won’t help your young QB develop. It’ll add unnecessary drama and pressure onto Darnold. There’s no need to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not really though. You rarely here about locker room issues or drama from most of the elite receivers. And a me first guy won’t help your young QB develop. It’ll add unnecessary drama and pressure onto Darnold. There’s no need to. 

A change of scenery can change all that though. You see as players age they calm down and care to help others. Brown might just see the writing on the wall in Pitt and stirring all this up to have a way out (unprofessional I know). He knows Big Ben isn't great anymore. Bell is done there. So he wants to go too. If I had to choose between 1 of Bell or Brown I would choose Bell for sure. But I do think that a legit WR needs to be added. Not a tier 2 or 3 WR in FA or a 3rd or 4th Round WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

A change of scenery can change all that though. You see as players age they calm down and care to help others. Brown might just see the writing on the wall in Pitt and stirring all this up to have a way out (unprofessional I know). He knows Big Ben isn't great anymore. Bell is done there. So he wants to go too. If I had to choose between 1 of Bell or Brown I would choose Bell for sure. But I do think that a legit WR needs to be added. Not a tier 2 or 3 WR in FA or a 3rd or 4th Round WR.

Santonio was drama when he came here man. A change of scenery won’t change him. How often do drama-filled player change with a change of scenery?  Not often. And in terms of Ben not being great anymore, he just had arguably the best year of his career. You can win in the NFL without an elite receiver if you have good depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note to all, if you aren’t a social media person, what AB is doing on Twitter right now is pretty crazy. Called out Arians, Emmanuel Sanders, is retweeting negative things about the Steelers, etc. 

Edited by barnaby8787

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Just a note to all, if you aren’t a social media person, what AB is doing on Twitter right now is pretty crazy. Called out Arians, Emmanuel Sanders, is retweeting negative things about the Steelers, etc. 

Exactly why trading draft capital for this over 30 drama queen is absolutely stupid. We just drafted a 21 year old QB to be our guy, you want as much character here as possible. Stay the course Jets. This is not a team that’s even close to contending yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Just a note to all, if you aren’t a social media person, what AB is doing on Twitter right now is pretty crazy. Called out Arians, Emmanuel Sanders, is retweeting negative things about the Steelers, etc. 

Part of why I want no part of him, sure he’s a great WR but his behavior and attitude is horrible and something I don’t want near Sam by any means

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Exactly why trading draft capital for this over 30 drama queen is absolutely stupid. We just drafted a 21 year old QB to be our guy, you want as much character here as possible. Stay the course Jets. This is not a team that’s even close to contending yet. 

I wont disagree about Brown's attitude not being ideal and I'd be ok if we didn't land him. But the value in the draft picks is what gets me. I'll in my next post give a rundown of when and who we've drafted that are skill position players and it will show you why trading a pick for a proven WR is worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Part of why I want no part of him, sure he’s a great WR but his behavior and attitude is horrible and something I don’t want near Sam by any means

If we were an AB type receiver away from being a super bowl team...sure. We’ve won 14 games in 3 years....14 effing games. We need to simply draft better and bring in quality free agents. We have a surplus of cap space and a top 3 pick and no second rounders...we should be focusing on using our cap space and trying to acquire more draft capital as opposed to the contrary especially for an aging player whose clearly a d-bag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Brown might be scaring away most teams with his hate. He may not even have a team next year. Bell is the guy I want and he has  fresh legs now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×