A Brown or L Bell?

bspice

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel he was used differently then he actual should be used his rookie year. Adams had to do all the dirty work and Maye got the rewards of that. Adams since he's been healthy has stepped his game up even more, which since he's shown his versatility for twice as long as Maye he has more freedom than Maye. I like Maye (hated drafting him bc of the position addressed not the player), but think he's overrated. I think he's a slightly above average FS. And you could say he's young and will only get better (which I hope is true). But one of the biggest things I didn't like about drafting him was his age. He already to start next season will be 26 with pretty much just 1 season of NFL experience. For comparison Adams will start the season at 23yrs old and twice the games nearly played.

I did not like the Maye pick either, but I will admit he did have a good rookie season, and he is the least of our problems.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What’s overrated about Maye?

When I watched him play... he didn't look like a top 10 FS IMO. He was like I said... slightly above average. Ill say it again... I don't dislike Maye. I just think he's over praised.

51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

When I watched him play... he didn't look like a top 10 FS IMO. He was like I said... slightly above average. Ill say it again... I don't dislike Maye. I just think he's over praised.

He does his job. Always in good position, good closing speed, can tackle. 

What are you looking for him to do more of? Just out of curiousity.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

PFF

I was more talking about in this forum but yeah for some reason he does always grade out well with PFF.  Guess whatever he is doing is good within their metrics.

He is a good safety maybe fringe top 10 but he's just not able to stay healthy which hurts him. 

When healthy Marcus Maye is a beast and such a huge part of the defense. Like @Bobby816 said I hated the move at the time (as we went back to back safeties and Maye was ‘old’ for a rookie) but he is a good/great player in my opinion. 

If healthy this year he will be a pro bowl player (unless he gets shafted in the votes) and we will have a pro bowl safety tandem. New Jack City in full force. 

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

When healthy Marcus Maye is a beast and such a huge part of the defense. Like @Bobby816 said I hated the move at the time (as we went back to back safeties and Maye was ‘old’ for a rookie) but he is a good/great player in my opinion. 

If healthy this year he will be a pro bowl player (unless he gets shafted in the votes) and we will have a pro bowl safety tandem. New Jack City in full force. 

For me that's a way too bold statement for a guy that played barely any snaps last season and only has 1 season under his belt besides that. Hell Calvin Pryor was good for 1 season.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

For me that's a way too bold statement for a guy that played barely any snaps last season and only has 1 season under his belt besides that. Hell Calvin Pryor was good for 1 season.

It’s more of a projection based on talent and of course the sample size we have to evaluate. 

The diffeence between Maye and Pryor are pretty obvious so it has no correlation to this discussion but I get your point. Pryor would of been unreal in like 1974, just not 2014!! 

I think like the previous seven or eight players selected before him all made the pro bowl. Then we selected Pryor lol! That sums us up really 🙄

25 minutes ago, xenajets said:

It’s more of a projection based on talent and of course the sample size we have to evaluate. 

The diffeence between Maye and Pryor are pretty obvious so it has no correlation to this discussion but I get your point. Pryor would of been unreal in like 1974, just not 2014!! 

I think like the previous seven or eight players selected before him all made the pro bowl. Then we selected Pryor lol! That sums us up really 🙄

And that was my point in bringing up Pryor. That he was not good. But he for 1 season played well and we had high hopes for him. My point is merely that Maye had an above average season and I think he gets too much praise for that. Especially since he couldn't stay healthy along with that.

Archived