A Brown or L Bell?

bspice

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Bart Scott was taking trade with PIT for AB on the FAN today.  His proposal was swap firsts #3 for #20 and their 2nd for Brown.

I never called a show before but that was sickening to hear and made me want to call up and call him a moron.  A 3rd is the most I would offer take it or leave it.  Anyone else want to offer more they can have him.  No way in hell am I using #3 to get him unless they are offering up future 1st back and want to move up to grab Haskins in a huge trade.

I might consider #3 for Brown, #20, 2018 2nd, 2020 1st and 2020 3rd.  That might peak my interest enough if PIT wants to blow it up and bring in Haskins to groom behind Ben for a year or 2.

So we gain a 2nd round pick and an elite WR by moving down 17 spots in a weak draft. I would try to squeeze them for more but the sheer quantity of that deal could help us tremendously. There will still be a good player at 17 (see Chargers: Derwin James last year) and gaining back that mid-2nd rounder gives us more flexibility on draft day. I doubt we'd be able to get nearly as much as you said you might consider, that's a very lopsided deal. Brown would likely go for a 1st or high 2nd if it were any other team. AB is my favorite player in the league and still in his prime, I'd love to have him here. Giving Darnold a weapon like that right now will go miles in helping his development. Worth the risk.

39 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

So we gain a 2nd round pick and an elite WR by moving down 17 spots in a weak draft. I would try to squeeze them for more but the sheer quantity of that deal could help us tremendously. There will still be a good player at 17 (see Chargers: Derwin James last year) and gaining back that mid-2nd rounder gives us more flexibility on draft day. I doubt we'd be able to get nearly as much as you said you might consider, that's a very lopsided deal. Brown would likely go for a 1st or high 2nd if it were any other team. AB is my favorite player in the league and still in his prime, I'd love to have him here. Giving Darnold a weapon like that right now will go miles in helping his development. Worth the risk.

He's going to be 31, he's a potential headache, and he has a big contract.  He's not worth moving down 17 spots in the draft for.

32 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He's going to be 31, he's a potential headache, and he has a big contract.  He's not worth moving down 17 spots in the draft for.

And gaining a 2nd round pick. I don't care about his age either. Say what you want about his diva attitude but he's one of the hardest workers in the NFL and takes very good care of his health and fitness. His physique shows it. He'll play at a high level for the duration of Darnold's contract.

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Bart Scott was taking trade with PIT for AB on the FAN today.  His proposal was swap firsts #3 for #20 and their 2nd for Brown.

I never called a show before but that was sickening to hear and made me want to call up and call him a moron.  A 3rd is the most I would offer take it or leave it.  Anyone else want to offer more they can have him.  No way in hell am I using #3 to get him unless they are offering up future 1st back and want to move up to grab Haskins in a huge trade.

I might consider #3 for Brown, #20, 2018 2nd, 2020 1st and 2020 3rd.  That might peak my interest enough if PIT wants to blow it up and bring in Haskins to groom behind Ben for a year or 2.

In any other draft I would take this stance, but this year, the draft has a lot of parity.

The gap between the #3 player and #20 player is much smaller than usual, and the heart of the draft will be in the 2nd round. Additionally, only 2 players likely to go in the top 5 are what we truly could use (EDGE in Bosa and Allen), both of whom could go 1-2. 

I'm not saying I would make this trade, but this year would be the year to do it. 

11 hours ago, jetjuice said:

And gaining a 2nd round pick. I don't care about his age either. Say what you want about his diva attitude but he's one of the hardest workers in the NFL and takes very good care of his health and fitness. His physique shows it. He'll play at a high level for the duration of Darnold's contract.

It’s a late 2nd rounder. That’s putting a top 15 picks trade value on him. That’s way too high. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

It’s a late 2nd rounder. That’s putting a top 15 picks trade value on him. That’s way too high. 

What are you basing that off, the trade chart? Is that thing even current or used anymore? 

Like I said, I'm open to it because we don't lose any assets, we actually gain two. Having that 2nd round pick gives us a chance to trade back into the first or trade back into the third again and gain more picks. At the very least it's a possibility we have to consider. 

People on the Pittsburg side think Brown for our 3rd straight is a good deal. 😳 I wouldn’t do that trade at all. If we had a mid to late first than yes. But we have the number 3 overall pick in a draft where there are only 3 or so elite prospects. 

Bart Scott suggested #3 for Brown, 20th and a second. I don’t think that makes sense for the Steelers.

The trade likely lies somewhere in between. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/03/antonio-brown-trade-possibilities-steelers-news/stories/201901030111

12 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

In any other draft I would take this stance, but this year, the draft has a lot of parity.

The gap between the #3 player and #20 player is much smaller than usual, and the heart of the draft will be in the 2nd round. Additionally, only 2 players likely to go in the top 5 are what we truly could use (EDGE in Bosa and Allen), both of whom could go 1-2. 

I'm not saying I would make this trade, but this year would be the year to do it. 

I would throw Jonah Williams into the mix with Bosa and Allen too. Perhaps even Quinnen Williams too. It would give me agita to draft another DT but Q Will is straight up dominant. He's the best player in this draft class, even ahead of Bosa. I expect him to go #1 overall when it's all said and done, perfect match for the Cards. Then Bosa to SF will be an easy choice, then we're left with Jonah or Josh Allen. I honestly think Mac's gonna be planning to get Darnold a blind side protector to have his back for the next ten years, which is an idea I'm warming up to because Jonah is very very good at both pass blocking and run blocking. I like lineman that are technically sound play in and play out and don't get beat, just wish he had more of a mean streak, but he would keep Sam upright and if we can get say Bell, a pass rusher or two out of Flowers/Ford/Clark/Clowney/Graham, I think it would be the right move.

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

People on the Pittsburg side think Brown for our 3rd straight is a good deal. 😳 I wouldn’t do that trade at all. If we had a mid to late first than yes. But we have the number 3 overall pick in a draft where there are only 3 or so elite prospects. 

Bart Scott suggested #3 for Brown, 20th and a second. I don’t think that makes sense for the Steelers.

The trade likely lies somewhere in between. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/03/antonio-brown-trade-possibilities-steelers-news/stories/201901030111

Whoever wrote that is a deluded fool. Brown isn't netting them that much. I LOL'ed especially hard at the Dolphins trading Howard and #13 for Brown.

30 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

What are you basing that off, the trade chart? Is that thing even current or used anymore? 

Like I said, I'm open to it because we don't lose any assets, we actually gain two. Having that 2nd round pick gives us a chance to trade back into the first or trade back into the third again and gain more picks. At the very least it's a possibility we have to consider. 

Yeah and lately in trades, people have been getting way above the TVC. It’s a huge drop in the 1st for a 31 year old receiver with drama on a big contract. I don’t care if he’s elite. 

11 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah and lately in trades, people have been getting way above the TVC. It’s a huge drop in the 1st for a 31 year old receiver with drama on a big contract. I don’t care if he’s elite. 

And you are referring to a trade back scenario. The Pittsburgh article is suggesting Brown for the 3rd pick straight up. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

And you are referring to a trade back scenario. The Pittsburgh article is suggesting Brown for the 3rd pick straight up. 

That i’d do. I was quoting jetjuice who said he’d do Bart Scott’s proposed trade of 3 for 20, 52, and Brown. 

Archived