2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

3 minutes ago, CerealKiller said:

This answers my previous question

Lol I just went back and saw that. Ā If you want to make the thread I'll have a mod shut this one down. Ā My bad. Ā Didn't mean to steal your thunder.Ā 

35 minutes ago, Totty said:

Lol I just went back and saw that. Ā If you want to make the thread I'll have a mod shut this one down. Ā My bad. Ā Didn't mean to steal your thunder.Ā 

It was an honest question lol, it was just timed well. I don't care about thunder man as long as we got somewhere to put our thoughts

From the last thread...

If we go Devin White with our first pick I would hope that it is after we trade backĀ to pickup another second round pick at least.Ā  If we did get Q. Williams at least our interior pass rush would be collapsing pockets.Ā  Hopefully Frank Clark testsĀ free agency and we can make him our big splash pickup.Ā  F.Ā Clark, Q. Williams, M. Hurst, A. Key, and another edge rusher from the draft would be pretty sweet.Ā  Maybe M. Sweat at the end of the first round.Ā  I know the mentality should be BPA but I really think we'd do just fine with Q. Williams and M. Sweat in the first round.Ā  The other pick could definitely be BPA, hopefully the BPA just so happens to be a FS, LB, or WR.Ā  I don't want to draft an OL in the first two rounds.

1. Devin White, MLB LSUĀ Ā 
1. Jonah Williams, RT AlabamaĀ 
1. Rashan Gary, DE MichiganĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 
2. Nā€™Keal Harry, WR Arizona StateĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 
3. Marquise Brown, WR OklahomaĀ Ā Ā Ā 
4. Erik McCoy, C/G Texas A&MĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 
5. LJ Scott, RB Michigan StateĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 

QB: Derek Carr, AJ McCarron
RB:Ā Telvin Coleman, Doug Martin,Ā LJ Scott (Michigan State)
FB: Kevin Smith
WR:Ā Nā€™Keal Harry (ASU),Ā Chris ConleyĀ 
WR: Jordy Nelson, Marcel Ateman
Slot/Weapon:Ā Marquise Brown (Oklahoma)
TE: Jared Cook, Lee Smith,Ā Maxx Williams
LT: Kolton Miller, David Sharpe
LG: Kelechi Osemele
C: Rodney Hudson,Ā Erik McCoy (Texas A&M)Ā 
RG: Gabe Jackson
RT:Ā Jonah Williams, Brandon Parker

DE:Ā Rashan Gary (Michigan), Frostee Rucker
1T: Jonathan Hankins, Justin Ellis
3T: Maurice Hurst, PJ Hall
EDGE:Ā Frank Clark, Arden Key
SLB:Ā Anthony Barr,Ā Marquel Lee
MLB:Ā Devin White (LSU), Jason Cambinda
WLB: Tahir Whitehead, Nicholas Morrow
CB: Gareon Conley, Daryl Worley
CB:Ā Darqueze Dennard, Nick Nelson
Nickel:Ā Bashaud Breeland
FS:Ā Adrian Amos, Ibraheim CampbellĀ 
SS: Karl Joseph

LS: Andrew DaPaola
K: Daniel Carlson
P: Johnny Townsend

First draft, and I'd like something like this.

Post by Trojan in the other thread.

I love addressing the DB's in FA, and all depends on availability and $ of course but i like the thought of Amos and Campbell. Not sold on Dennard and Breeland depending on $.

I do love the combination of adressing DB's and going MLB and DE in the 1st round of the draft. Would prefer the 3rd 1st round pick not to be OT though.

In the other thread it was mentioned that taking another DL for the niners would be admitting failure fro one of their other picks. I donā€™t think the niners would spin it that way because most ofĀ Ā those guys came from the previous regime. Although i do think thereā€™s some pressure on the niners to get these picks right because both their picks in2017 look like busts for them. Clocks ticking on shananhan.Ā 

We need a guy that can chase down qbs from the edgesĀ 

key is too slow to chase down qbsĀ 

imo we need two edge guys with at least 4.7 speed Iā€™m ok with our dts but we need lbs and edge guys badly. We had a lb playing de the last 2 gamesĀ 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We can control the entire draft with our resources. I honestly am hoping a team wants to jump up for a QB and we move down.Ā 

With this year being not very top heavy at QB, there may be a couple teams wanting to move up back into the late first round to get a QB for contractual and value reasons. Wouldn't surprise me.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We can control the entire draft with our resources. I honestly am hoping a team wants to jump up for a QB and we move down.Ā 

If we move down to 14 to 16 range we could pick up another 2nd and 3rd for all we know. I'dĀ be alright with that. Stack the roster with young talent/potential.

17 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If we move down to 14 to 16 range we could pick up another 2nd and 3rd for all we know. I'dĀ be alright with that. Stack the roster with young talent/potential.

I kind of see it a little differently. Ā StackĀ your team with the best players available which are where we currently pick. Ā If we lose out on a Quinnen Williams but get a Jerry Tillery and Kendall Joseph, are we really ahead? I don't see it that way. Ā 

29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We need a guy that can chase down qbs from the edgesĀ 

key is too slow to chase down qbsĀ 

imo we need two edge guys with at least 4.7 speed Iā€™m ok with our dts but we need lbs and edge guys badly. We had a lb playing de the last 2 gamesĀ 

I know he will not play DE but White is that guy that can keep a QB in the pocket from the MLB.Ā  Everytime the UCF QB brakes containment White was there from what I saw at the gym.Ā  I can not watch the whole game since I do not have cable.Ā  I do not want to draft him at 4 because it is not good valueĀ but it he maybe our best option if Bosa, Williams, and Allen are gone.Ā  He is a top 5 talent.Ā  I do think he will drop a little though because like I said earlier he does stupid stuff some times.Ā  I do not think most coaches would like their players to come out and insult the other team right before the game.

Archived