2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

On 1/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, TheMadStork said:

Ouch. I can remember loving gholston..

missed hard on him. 

Since I mentioned that let me do a  recap who I wanted with our 1st since I been watching the draft when we were on the clock:

04- Sean Taylor (RIP still makes me sad)

05- I honestly don’t remember but A Rod was taken rt after lol...dam

06-Ernie Sims (that was bad) 

07- ......Russell

08-Gholston

09- Eugene Monroe

10-Anthony Davis

11- no first, but I was in love with JJ Watt and Cam Jordan..probably would have went cam Jordan 

12- no first or 2nd

13- Star Lotuletti 

14-Aaron Donald

15- Vic Beasley 

16- Robert Nkemdiche 

17- Tak Mckinnley 

18- Tremaine Edmunds 

not great..but wayy better than McKenzie 

That looks fun! Here is mine...

04. Sean Taylor I also liked Tommy Harris

05. I wanted A Rod BAD

06. I liked Ngata, Tye Hill and Kiwi

07. I wanted Peterson or Tron

08. Pretty sure every Raider fan wanted Long. But after he was taken I told myself we needed Gholdson and that he would be better lol

09. Crabtree

10. Spiller or Rolondo

11. We didn't have a first but I wanted Fairley

12. No first again but I wanted Blackmon. I thought he was the next Megatron...Jeeez

13. I wanted Te'o and thought we were going to "luck up" and get him in the second.

14. Ashamed to say I wanted Clowney or Watkins and was not thrilled with the Mack pick

15. Beasley and Erik Armstead

16. Shaq Lawson or Nkemdichi

17. Peppers also liked Foster

18. James also liked Chubb

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I was in the edge rusher party because of need but at this point, we need to go BPA and if Williams is on the board at 4 he's BPA. An interior pass rush of Hurst/Williams would be legit and would help our edge rushers long-term. Plus we have Hall to rotate in who should be a player in the future. If we could add Williams at 4 and a guy like Brian Burns in the 20's I'd be ecstatic. 

Williams is a bit of luxury given selecting Hurst and Hall last season. Edge is more important. Burns IMO has a better chance of going top 10 than he does 25 or lower where the Raiders will be picking.

Let's say the first 3 players off the board are Bosa, Allen and Q. Williams.  Who do we take at 4 if those 3 are gone?  Ed Oliver or Greedy?  I would like a trade down in that scenario to acquire more picks but as we all know it's easier said than done...

11 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

That looks fun! Here is mine...

04. Sean Taylor I also liked Tommy Harris

05. I wanted A Rod BAD

06. I liked Ngata, Tye Hill and Kiwi

07. I wanted Peterson or Tron

08. Pretty sure every Raider fan wanted Long. But after he was taken I told myself we needed Gholdson and that he would be better lol

09. Crabtree

10. Spiller or Rolondo

11. We didn't have a first but I wanted Fairley

12. No first again but I wanted Blackmon. I thought he was the next Megatron...Jeeez

13. I wanted Te'o and thought we were going to "luck up" and get him in the second.

14. Ashamed to say I wanted Clowney or Watkins and was not thrilled with the Mack pick

15. Beasley and Erik Armstead

16. Shaq Lawson or Nkemdichi

17. Peppers also liked Foster

18. James also liked Chubb

That’s pretty darn good. That would have changed our teams history with the arod pick alone

24 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say the first 3 players off the board are Bosa, Allen and Q. Williams.  Who do we take at 4 if those 3 are gone?  Ed Oliver or Greedy?  I would like a trade down in that scenario to acquire more picks but as we all know it's easier said than done...

Great question. Because this is the most likely scenario in my mind that the need to be ready for. 

I’d want Jachai Polite or Ed Oliver to be the pick if we had no way to trade down 

17 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Great question. Because this is the most likely scenario in my mind that the need to be ready for. 

I’d want Jachai Polite or Ed Oliver to be the pick if we had no way to trade down 

Thanks, I'm know for great questions and a few other things ;) I know we need an edge rusher but are any good value at 4 with Bosa and Allen gone?  I have seen Ferrell and Gary mocked to us at 4 but don't know much about them.  The little research I've done I would say I am leaning towards Greedy or Oliver if the 3 I had mentioned in the prior post are off the board.  Our CB's would a be rock solid group for years with WIlliams, Conely, Worley and Nick Nelson.  

56 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

How good is Polite? I've heard little bits about him but he seems to be seen as a mid first rounder. What's he missing that pvents him bring seen as a top 10 player?

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

My draft

1.a Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn 

1.b Montez Sweat, DE/OLB, Mississippi State

1.c Noah Fant, TE, Iowa 

2 Germaine Pratt, LB, N.C. 

3 Joe Jackson, DE, Miami

Not bad but don't want any te in first.. they rarely ever have an impact when taking in first. Especially first two years.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Between Oliver and Greedy, I'd pick Oliver. I'd pick Baker over both, though. I actually expect Quinnen to be there at 4, though. I think the Jets would favor taking Jonah Williams over a defensive tackle. 

6 minutes ago, reddevil said:

How good is Polite? I've heard little bits about him but he seems to be seen as a mid first rounder. What's he missing that pvents him bring seen as a top 10 player?

I don't think Polite is ready to make an impact in the NFL right away, and I'm pretty sure he was only a part-time player at Florida. To me, he's what some accuse Allen of being: more of an athlete than an edge rusher. He reminds me of Takkarist McKinley.

29 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Kinda short depends on how he tests and how long his arms are. 

Reminds me of a poor mans frank clark

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Jonah Williams

Archived