2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He’s  a pure receiver, needs work on his blocking but has 18 TDs in two years

So was even engram. He was ok rookie year but plagued by drops and until odb was hurt last year and this year he was meh. 

I'd rather get two defensive players and a wr

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

So was even engram. He was ok rookie year but plagued by drops and until odb was hurt last year and this year he was meh. 

I'd rather get two defensive players and a wr

Gruden likes vet WRs because the offense is so complicated.

19 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Jonah Williams

Interesting.  If he is a Joe Thomas type LT I would be all in but the question is will he be an annual all pro?  If he is the pick and our bookend LT for the next decade we could move Miller to RT and have solid Tackle prospects to build around.  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Interesting.  If he is a Joe Thomas type LT I would be all in but the question is will he be an annual all pro?  If he is the pick and our bookend LT for the next decade we could move Miller to RT and have solid Tackle prospects to build around.  

Exactly

16 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He’s  a pure receiver, needs work on his blocking but has 18 TDs in two years

Fant is an underrated blocker as Iowa had him in-line plenty. As a blocker, he reminds me a bit of Njoku coming out. I think he's a more viable NFL blocker than someone like Engram.

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't think having a Joe Thomas LT is appreciably better for a team than having an Eric Fisher/Nate Solder LT, though. Competency is more important than proficiency when it comes to tackle play. 

That said, neither Miller nor Parker were competent tackles on a play-to-play basis last year. I'm counting on Miller to improve but I think the Raiders need to *at least* bring in a starting level veteran on the left side to compete with Parker. 

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

How good is Polite? I've heard little bits about him but he seems to be seen as a mid first rounder. What's he missing that pvents him bring seen as a top 10 player?

IMO (a couple games and YouTube scouting) he lacks the length that you’d like at DE. Especially a top pick. He is listed at 6’2 260. And he only has one year body of work . So these both work against him as far as draft status. 

I like Polite a lot. I think he will be a very good DE. Check him out:

id prefer to do a small trade down. But if Bosa and Allen are off the board, he might be 3rd on my big board (over Q Williams) who I’m not as big on as other people. I’d also be interested in trading back to the middle of the first and get Burns. 

But as far as Gary and Ferrell. I reallly dislike them in the first round. 

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If the big three are gone then I would be fine going LT if Williams shows and tests well enough.  I would love to move Miller to the right and I think he could be an all pro there.  I do not know why they were so set on having him at LT.  That would give us four players on the roster with LT experience also.  I also think that Q is going to be there at 4 or we trade down.  Just have a feeling someone will fall in love with Haskins or Jonah Williams and will go in the top 4 picks.

3 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

IMO (a couple games and YouTube scouting) he lacks the length that you’d like at DE. Especially a top pick. He is listed at 6’2 260. And he only has one year body of work . So these both work against him as far as draft status. 

id prefer to do a small trade down. But if Bosa and Allen are off the board, he might be 3rd on my big board (over Q Williams) who I’m not as big on as other people. I’d also be interested in trading back to the middle of the first and get Burns. 

I know they are highlights but he looks like he plays with his head up with good recognition and gets to the QB quick enough to be effective in the pros.  Maybe a mid 1st pick but unless he blows the doors off the combine I do not think he gets close to being a top 5 pick..

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Thanks, I'm know for great questions and a few other things ;) I know we need an edge rusher but are any good value at 4 with Bosa and Allen gone?  I have seen Ferrell and Gary mocked to us at 4 but don't know much about them.  The little research I've done I would say I am leaning towards Greedy or Oliver if the 3 I had mentioned in the prior post are off the board.  Our CB's would a be rock solid group for years with WIlliams, Conely, Worley and Nick Nelson.  

I worry about greedy against faster WRs. He’s good to cover a good possession wr IMO. 

Oliver is in play for my because he is a freak athlete but he might be a little too light (read he plays at 280? I believe) and although he is a great athlete, he’s no Aaron Donald (of coarse, no one is..) so I think it’s a risky pick. But I’m tempted.

Id like to trade back to 8-10 and get another pick. Then draft someone like Polite, White, Burns, or if Oliver slips.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I know they are highlights but he looks like he plays with his head up with good recognition and gets to the QB quick enough to be effective in the pros.  Maybe a mid 1st pick but unless he blows the doors off the combine I do not think he gets close to being a top 5 pick..

I See what your saying . I personally don’t see him get past 12. But if you believe in a player being a great talent in the nfl, we shouldn’t like 8-10 selections get between us selecting him, because he’s projected to go slightly later. 

It’s kind of like fantasy football in my mind ..A.J. green is projected to go higher than S. Diggs but you know in your heart that Diggs is going to do better.  But people will say you reached. 

26 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

What’s the hype  with burns?

he looks so thin to be effective around the los. The Florida st games I’ve watched he barely has impact and got pushed around a lot. Reminds me of Eli Harold I think it will take him A few years to be a solid player in the nfl. Imo first rounders should be 3 down guys he seems like strictly a 3rd down pass rusher

17 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

I worry about greedy against faster WRs. He’s good to cover a good possession wr IMO. 

Oliver is in play for my because he is a freak athlete but he might be a little too light (read he plays at 280? I believe) and although he is a great athlete, he’s no Aaron Donald (of coarse, no one is..) so I think it’s a risky pick. But I’m tempted.

Id like to trade back to 8-10 and get another pick. Then draft someone like Polite, White, Burns, or if Oliver slips.

That is almost always an issue with bigger CB's.  Greedy is listed at 6'3 and would be our weapon to shut down WR's like Julio, Green, Evans etc but how often do we play WR's like that?  Not too often.  If he had to cover Hill I can see how Hill's speed/ illusiveness would pose a coverage issue.  I would be more inclined to draft Greedy if we had a quality pass rush that would cause Greedy to have to run around with a player like Hill a lot less than if we have no pass rush.

26 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

I have the opposite observation with Greedy. He tends to do better on deep routes because of his ability to match long speed and length to disrupt passes at catch point. Conversely, he doesn't show the burst to "click and close" on underneath routes and the quickness to stick to quicker receivers like DeAndre Baker does.

LSU has Greedy playing a variety of coverages, but by in large he seems to play a lot of off-man coverage, which allows him to more consistently cover deep routes.

36 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What’s the hype  with burns?

he looks so thin to be effective around the los. The Florida st games I’ve watched he barely has impact and got pushed around a lot. Reminds me of Eli Harold I think it will take him A few years to be a solid player in the nfl. Imo first rounders should be 3 down guys he seems like strictly a 3rd down pass rusher

I think Burns has everything you want In a pass rusher, great get off, good moves, length. But yes he needs to gain A LOT of weight. But he has the frame to do so. I think Burns is the most talented pass rushing  DE in this just (just needs to put on a lot of weight) 

Archived