2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

16 hours ago, roi34 said:

He's 19. No one is saying he is beating tom Brady tmrw. But if u can't respect how good he is at 19 then you're being stubborn. 

Tebow didn't have the arn talent this kid had

If you're going to respond please read my post and comprehend it completely. I said if they joined the NFL next year they would get destroyed.  I did. The point was that people need to slow their roll with Lawrence.

I compared Tua and Tebow, not Lawrence.  SMH

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, roi34 said:

Overreaction much? Tim Tebow was a better college running qb. Wasn't a better thrower. Tebow wasnt a real nfl qb prospect. Tua Is, one bad game doesn't change that. He's still a sophomore.

You guys overreacting to one game is silly. 

And that's where we will have to disagree I guess.  Tua has the same ugly throwing motion as Tebow.  They both had success throwing the ball in college because of the superior talent they were throwing to.  Louis Murphy, Percy Harvin, and Aaron Hernandez made him look better than he was, just like the talented Bama WRs are doing for Tua.

Tua has also had multiple crap games against high level teams. This is not just a reaction to one game.

I'm really digging Rashan Gary out of Michigan more than I thought I would after watching him. Has nearly everything I like in an edge prospect: burst, power, and agility. His production is what worries me, and I think it might be a product of him not being flexible enough to bend the edge and finish--although he gets close a bunch.

He definitely has double-digit sack upside, but he needs become a better finisher somehow. Right now, he's my favorite edge guy after Bosa and Allen.

I like how the Raiders are coaching the Senior Bowl, but I fear that Gruden will fall in love with one of the QBs and I just saw who he will be coaching and Drew Luck will be one of them. Hopefully John will be able to help himself and not take one of these QBs. 

Just noticed this information: Ed Oliver has chosen Joel Segal to be his agent (Mack and Cooper's agent), probably much lower on our boards at this time assuming we would have trouble negotiating in a few years. Also Karl Joseph is represented by him as well.
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/12/7/18131212/did-ed-oliver-just-ensure-he-wont-be-drafted-by-the-raiders

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm really digging Rashan Gary out of Michigan more than I thought I would after watching him. Has nearly everything I like in an edge prospect: burst, power, and agility. His production is what worries me, and I think it might be a product of him not being flexible enough to bend the edge and finish--although he gets close a bunch.

He definitely has double-digit sack upside, but he needs become a better finisher somehow. Right now, he's my favorite edge guy after Bosa and Allen.

His tape looks good. Durability neess to improve

17 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Anyone else seen the articles showing Mayocks ranking of specific positions throughout the years? Maybe I’m being a little too critical but I feel like they haven’t been all that good...

I honestly thought the opposite.  I think he's been pretty dead on with a lot of them.  I also read a post here where they dove a little deeper into his rankings.  Apparently he provides his rankings on talent and production more so than character or work ethic.  Someone in this forum brought up that he had J. Russell #1 overall but stated that he personally wouldn't draft him that high.  I think M. Mayock said he wouldn't have taken J. Russell in the first round.  Can't remember the reason behind it.  But I think he is going to be better at evaluating talent than R. McKenzie.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

He does look really intriguing. He's in that group after Bosa, Allen and Q. Williams of about 5 or 6 or so guys who all have qualities that could turn them into top players - but all with question marks. I could see pretty much all of Gary, Ferrell, Greedy, White, Oliver going either way in the pros.

It's gonna make for interesting discussion prior to and after the draft as these are the guys that we'll most likely have to choose from.

4 hours ago, Trojan said:

Just noticed this information: Ed Oliver has chosen Joel Segal to be his agent (Mack and Cooper's agent), probably much lower on our boards at this time assuming we would have trouble negotiating in a few years. Also Karl Joseph is represented by him as well.
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/12/7/18131212/did-ed-oliver-just-ensure-he-wont-be-drafted-by-the-raiders

darn... maybe Joseph on the block for a day2 pick...

Archived