2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

I selfishly wanted Murray to go to the NFL so I can see how he does. I’m glad he made that decision. With the lack of talent at the QB position it could very well end up a good thing for Oakland if teams trade up for him or Haskins. It could push talent down the draft or offer a trade opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I selfishly wanted Murray to go to the NFL so I can see how he does. I’m glad he made that decision. With the lack of talent at the QB position it could very well end up a good thing for Oakland if teams trade up for him or Haskins. It could push talent down the draft or offer a trade opportunity. 

Did Haskins declare? That would be great for us

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Teams will fall for Drew Luck and his draft stock will rise and imo will be a at least a top 15 pick. Lock to the Broncos at 10 makes to much sense. 

Hopefully if the Raiders do trade down they don’t do the other team a favor this time. 

Reggie ain’t here no more.

hopefully Mayock plays with his cards to his chest and has the actual power to override Gruden. I have hope in this new front office but hope with these last 15 years has turned me into a husk.

if the Broncos gamble on Lock that might set them back again

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Eh, man I don't know about him. I still think he takes the NBA route. More money and much safer.

He plays baseball so MLB route, but on that line he plays CF. Mike Trout is basically baseball God, and makes 34mil a year. The next big money ones are Yoenis Cespedes (29m), Charlie Blackmon (21m), and Jacoby Ellsbury (21m). Ellsbury is kinda one of the worst contracts in baseball, Cespedes has been hurt but got traded from Oakland because they didn't want to pay him, and Blackmon recently got paid. After those 3 (4 but Trout isn't an upside for anyone, he's like all time great and in his early prime) you have Fowler, Cain, Springer, and Marte who make between 10mil and 16.5mil. Those are established or even late in their career star CFs. Murray is looking at more than that in 4 or 5 years when he enters contract two as a NFL QB. If he could somehow manage to full time football and part time CF at least while he works his way up to MLB he'd make a hell of a lot more. Sept-Feb NFL, Mar-Sep MLB. I'm sure teams wouldn't kill the guy if he was in the playoffs and need to miss a couple weeks. He'd be extremely famous a star beyond basically any other if he could dominate two markets. NFL is more money though as long as he makes it to his second contract. He is also what 21?  21, 22, 23, 24, make 22mil as a QB @25, 40mil, 60mil, 80mil, prime baseball quit NFL and sign the mega deal. Right?

7 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Reggie ain’t here no more.

hopefully Mayock plays with his cards to his chest and has the actual power to override Gruden. I have hope in this new front office but hope with these last 15 years has turned me into a husk.

if the Broncos gamble on Lock that might set them back again

Mayock said on Monday in an interview Gruden has final say. But we already knew that.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Mayock said on Monday in an interview Gruden has final say. But we already knew that.

Not sure if  I saw that interview yet too many hours at work. I’m just hoping we attack it right. No Dumb trades like Bryant and Switzer. No famous Reggie style 2nd round picks.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Hollywood brown tweeted fire emoticons to Derek carr video tweeted by raiders.

Doesn’t he still have a year until he’s eligible? It’s a nice sentiment but it doesn’t mean much for the draft especially if he’s coming out next year. No one can project players that far out, except biff tannen. 

Archived