Was that highlight tape for Hollywood and Lamb? Man they studs

lol new plan.. trade for Antonio Brown. Draft Hollywood Brown. Profit 

They should give us brown for free since we traded a third for nothing last yr

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Was that highlight tape for Hollywood and Lamb? Man they studs

lol new plan.. trade for Antonio Brown. Draft Hollywood Brown. Profit 

If by profit you mean the team is taken over by diva girls. Lol

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Ferrell officially in. He might be the best defender at #4. Interested to see how he looks at the combine. 

I find him one of the most appealing options as he looks like he will have a pretty high floor. Given how poor we were on the edges this year, a solid, dependable presence on one side would be hugely beneficial.

The combine, like you say, will be where he makes/loses money. If he does really poorly, that floor might not be as high and you probably don't take the risk. If he does okay and it confirms how he plays in college, then he might become your 'safe bet' if none of the top 3 drop. But if he shows added athleticism, it might make it an easier selection.

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what don't people like about Ferrell? that he is stiff? 

That's probably the biggest knock if you wanted him to play a more athletic and flexible LEO type role in a defense. He's not a tremendous athlete, doesn't have a crazy amount of bend or anything, has a solid get off but isn't the most explosive guy ever. He'd be a bad fit as an edge guy in a 3-4, so that is going to somewhat limit the number of teams that he may appeal to. I think his best fit is probably a 4-3 SDE and possibly moving to the inside depending on where he is at weight wise, how much he puts on, etc. 

Right or wrong, some people also feel that he's a product of that Clemson system and having great people around him (Call it the Kevin Dodd effect). I think that is really hard to evaluate, and just like any college team, great college teams put out both studs and duds, so I really don't know how you hold it more against him than most other players tbh. 

Archived