2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

Very impressed by Josh Jacobs, seems to have everything you want in a rb. Would want him with one of our late 1st or our 2nd.

I know we have other areas of need but we need to get impact players regardless. I think Jacobs can be that for us. 

Really like Jacobs as nfl prospect. Sont want to take any rb in first or early second honestly. Prefer grabbing rb in 3rd or 4th considering it's a late 2nd late 3rd for both those rounds.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. Draft twitter only cares about flashy athletes who can bend the edge.

Ferrell is a proven commodity. He has a good first step and excellent technique. He can win with a variety of moves. Excellent hand placement and great against the run. 

I made the mistake over overthinking Chubb last year. I won't overthink Ferrell. He's my #2 edge rusher after Bosa.

Chubb was a much better prospect than Ferrell. I watched both Chubb and Ferrell and it was clear to me who the better player was. Ferrell is a fine prospect who will probably be a good player in the NFL, but I don't want merely a good player at 4--I want a great player at 4. I'd much rather have Gary, who is just as strong as Ferrell, but has the freakish athleticism to make him an elite tier pass rusher in the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Chubb was a much better prospect than Ferrell. I watched both Chubb and Ferrell and it was clear to me who the better player was. Ferrell is a fine prospect who will probably be a good player in the NFL, but I don't want merely a good player at 4--I want a great player at 4. I'd much rather have Gary, who is just as strong as Ferrell, but has the freakish athleticism to make him an elite tier pass rusher in the NFL. 

Agree to disagree... I think Chubb and Ferrell were very similar prospects from their athleticism and technique. I think Ferrell can be a pro-bowl talent at the next level. 

I like Gary as well, but he's more of 3T who can play the edge. Doesn't have near the pass rush moves or prowess of Ferrell. 

You tend to like more flashy athletic players. Why you rated Obl so high. 

46 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don’t want either one. But I agree with your first part. There was zero doubt in my mind that Chubb was going to be a stud. I was shocked that he fell to the Broncos. 

There’s a huge difference in talent between Chubb and Ferrell

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree to disagree... I think Chubb and Ferrell were very similar prospects from their athleticism and technique. I think Ferrell can be a pro-bowl talent at the next level. 

I like Gary as well, but he's more of 3T who can play the edge. Doesn't have near the pass rush moves or prowess of Ferrell. 

Gary virtually only played on the edge at Michigan and would be woefully undersized to play 3T in the NFL so I don’t see why he would play there, even in a pinch.

Gary is not devoid of pass rush moves; he has moves, but he’s just doesn’t need to use as many as someone like Ferrell to produce pressure because he has the speed and power to win on the edge—somewhat like Mack.

And I think you forget that Chubb was no slouch, athletically. At 270 lbs. he ran a 4.65 and jumped 36” and 121.” Those are top level exposive numbers for a player his size and stength. I expect Gary to be closer to Chubb athletically than Ferrell.

Also, Obi wasn’t flashy, he was a consistent 4-year player who had great athleticism.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

BP bruv, tell me about this guy Mecole Hardman. I just pulled a brief highlight, but he has jaw dropping speed/ athleticism and was a former 5 star recruit. That 80 yard touchdown he scored against bama was insane.

If we can buy low, considering it seems like he'll blow up in the combine, I'd take him in the early 3rd and feel good about it.

6 hours ago, roi34 said:

Really like Jacobs as nfl prospect. Sont want to take any rb in first or early second honestly. Prefer grabbing rb in 3rd or 4th considering it's a late 2nd late 3rd for both those rounds.

My thing with this is if you're spending a draft pick on a RB on the first 2 days, they better be a serious threat. Otherwise at that point, you may as well pay some money in FA for a proven guy or do what philly did and trade a mid round pick for a guy like ajayi.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. Draft twitter only cares about flashy athletes who can bend the edge.

Ferrell is a proven commodity. He has a good first step and excellent technique. He can win with a variety of moves. Excellent hand placement and great against the run. 

I made the mistake over overthinking Chubb last year. I won't overthink Ferrell. He's my #2 edge rusher after Bosa.

I want to be with you, but I can't help but watch someone like Polite or Burns and think about the upside. Both kinda remind me of dee ford but I don't think either are complete edge players like ferrell is. Ideally, I'd like quinnen at 4 and polite or burns in the 20s, if they make it there. 

I think ferrell will be a good player, but I wouldn't take him at 4. If we traded back (which I"m not suggesting we do), I'd be more amenable to it.

If we want vertical speed and playmaking, we dont need Hollywood brown in the 1st. We can get hardman or dortch later and both are very good. I like riley ridley in the early 2nd as well. Does everything right and will be a crabtree like player with a little more separating ability at the next level.

The way I see the WR corps, Jordy is the #3, we need to bring in a #2 in free agency or the draft and draft a #1 next year. Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, and Shennault next year are all better receivers IMO than anyone coming out this year, except maybe a healthy Metcalf.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we want vertical speed and playmaking, we dont need Hollywood brown in the 1st. We can get hardman or dortch later and both are very good. I like riley ridley in the early 2nd as well. Does everything right and will be a crabtree like player with a little more separating ability at the next level.

The way I see the WR corps, Jordy is the #3, we need to bring in a #2 in free agency or the draft and draft a #1 next year. Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, and Shennault next year are all better receivers IMO than anyone coming out this year, except maybe a healthy Metcalf.

We need to get better as a group. Seth can't see field anymore. Dude just isn't a threat out there and too inconsistent. If a Tyrell Williams is our #3 I feel little better. If we brought in eli Rogers and a Tyrell Williams or john brown id be happier with our depth.

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

BP bruv, tell me about this guy Mecole Hardman. I just pulled a brief highlight, but he has jaw dropping speed/ athleticism and was a former 5 star recruit. That 80 yard touchdown he scored against bama was insane.

If we can buy low, considering it seems like he'll blow up in the combine, I'd take him in the early 3rd and feel good about it.

Like all the UGA receivers, he suffered in the offense. He's got a shot in the slot and as a PR/KR. He's got speed to burn, but is small. When he got the ball in his hands, he was explosive. UGAs offense is so run heavy, like Ridley he should show out more at the next level.

16 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

I don’t want either one. But I agree with your first part. There was zero doubt in my mind that Chubb was going to be a stud. I was shocked that he fell to the Broncos. 

There’s a huge difference in talent between Chubb and Ferrell

I probably wouldn't take Gary at 4, but I would take Gary before Ferrell because of his upside. If the Raiders trade back, Gary would definitely be one of the guys I would covet, possibly within the top 10. And it's not like Gary hasn't produced at Michigan, it's just that he hasn't finished. He was still way up there in pressures.

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I want to be with you, but I can't help but watch someone like Polite or Burns and think about the upside. Both kinda remind me of dee ford but I don't think either are complete edge players like ferrell is. Ideally, I'd like quinnen at 4 and polite or burns in the 20s, if they make it there. 

I think ferrell will be a good player, but I wouldn't take him at 4. If we traded back (which I"m not suggesting we do), I'd be more amenable to it.

I don't really like with Polite or Burns. A big thing with me is the ability to square up against tackles against the run and convert speed to power. I think Polite is a little better in the latter category but I don't love either as impact starters in their first year and they both have a ways to go athletically before I'd consider them impact players, long term. I would much rather take Ferrell than either, and overall I'd probably consider Ferrell a better athlete than Polite or Burns considering his size, length, and strength.

I actually tend to like bigger ends because I really like guys who can convert speed to power and actually set the edge. For instance, I like Joe Jackson from Miami and Zach Allen from BC over both Burns and Polite. The former two I cant definitely see starting right away in Oakland.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I probably wouldn't take Gary at 4, but I would take Gary before Ferrell because of his upside. If the Raiders trade back, Gary would definitely be one of the guys I would covet, possibly within the top 10. And it's not like Gary hasn't produced at Michigan, it's just that he hasn't finished. He was still way up there in pressures.

I don't really like with Polite or Burns. A big thing with me is the ability to square up against tackles against the run and convert speed to power. I think Polite is a little better in the latter category but I don't love either as impact starters in their first year and they both have a ways to go athletically before I'd consider them impact players, long term. I would much rather take Ferrell than either, and overall I'd probably consider Ferrell a better athlete than Polite or Burns considering his size, length, and strength.

I actually tend to like bigger ends because I really like guys who can convert speed to power and actually set the edge. For instance, I like Joe Jackson from Miami and Zach Allen from BC over both Burns and Polite. The former two I cant definitely see starting right away in Oakland.

You had me until Jackson over polite 

Jackson has been in a slump and I don’t know if it will change 

Archived