2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it depends on your alignment. As a 49ers fan, I do worry a little bit about how he would hold up full time as a base defensive end. He's a little light - bigger than guys like Polite and Burns, but smaller than someone like Bosa. That being said, in a 4-3 under alignment for the 49ers, I think he would line up as the SAM backer on early downs as opposed to putting him in the dirt every down, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Then you let him rush the edge on passing downs. 

Whatever we do in the draft/fa I hope we learn from Mack-gate and get a pass rusher AND a RUNNING MATE!. 

Sd- bosa/Melvin 

kc-Ford/ Houston 

etc etc

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it depends on your alignment. As a 49ers fan, I do worry a little bit about how he would hold up full time as a base defensive end. He's a little light - bigger than guys like Polite and Burns, but smaller than someone like Bosa. That being said, in a 4-3 under alignment for the 49ers, I think he would line up as the SAM backer on early downs as opposed to putting him in the dirt every down, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Then you let him rush the edge on passing downs. 

I keep hearing he is smaller than Bosa. Bosa is what 6'4" 265 and he is 6"5" 260. I don't see how 5lbs would make such a difference. And me personally I don't really want either but would be happy with either. If that makes sense.

I guess what I'm saying is if we land either guy I'd be good with it. Just not sure I like one more than the other. And I am not getting my Hope's up for either. It seems every time I like a guy we don't draft him so this year I'm trying to not research guys until the draft is either here. Or if I can help myself after they have been picked. Except guys like Ferrell or anyone that plays for Clemson as I've seen every snap they have ever played in college.

4 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I keep hearing he is smaller than Bosa. Bosa is what 6'4" 265 and he is 6"5" 260. I don't see how 5lbs would make such a difference. And me personally I don't really want either but would be happy with either. If that makes sense.

That's if you believe the weights. That's one of the biggest things I take away from the combine. Listed weights are notoriously incorrect, so at the combine, we get the exact measurables. Weight can be tricky from just an eye perspective. He doesn't look 260 to me, but he could just carry the weight really well. If those weights are accurate, then yeah, not much of a difference to be concerned about. But I have thought that Allen probably plays closer to the upper 240's and will weigh in somewhere around the low to mid 250's. I don't have much of a concern about Bosa being in the 260s. Until I get the exact numbers at the combine though, it's pretty much a guessing game for me. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I was going to add some things regarding Jackson, but the point I was going to make is largely what you're saying here - he basically needs to learn to play the position. He's a measurables guy - has the size, length, etc, but he doesn't know how to play the position all that well. He's got a really nice upside, but he's a project. 

Should have went back to school honestly 

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Time to go full on homer. I love Fant, but love Hockenson more. Fant is a stud, but Hockenson is an all around better TE. 

I'd take either. Hockenson I would guess is a more Gruden type TE with his ability to block. And he's great at it. 

37 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

To be fair he did that against the Hoosiers and they do not have a football team.  They just take their basketball practice squad and put pads on them.

Just stop. Enforcing his will, pushing him 10 yards down field, then pancaking him is badass no matter what team he played for.

Archived