2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Who are you a fan of exactly?

White is going to test among the best athlete's at the combine. He's right there with a guy like Miles Jack (before injury), except he's bigger.

He's imposing with quick feet, range, can shed blocks, blitz and cover. He has some flaws as a young player, but he has star level talent for the NFL.

Can he cover? I really don’t know. I have only seen roughly 4 plays of him in coverage while watching LSU live. Every YouTube clip just shows him against the run or blitz. 

He’s a athletic freak, but that doesn’t mean he can cover. 

Myles Jack was One of the best cover LB I’ve seen in college. I wish I saw more of White in coverage. 

Is this too much FA money?

Draft
1. Quinnen Williams, DE Alabama
1. Josh Jacobs, RB Alabama
1. Dexter Lawerence, NT Clemson
2. TJ Hockenson, TE Iowa
3. Riley Ridley, WR Georgia
4. Darnell Savage, S Maryland
5. Tre Watson, MLB Maryland
6. Jack Bailey, P Stanford
7. Blake Cashman, MLB Minnesota

Free Agency
1. Dee Ford, OLB Kansas City Chiefs
2. CJ Mosley, ILB Baltimore Ravens
3. Adrian Amos, FS Chicago Bears
4. Donovan Smith, RT Tampa Bay
5. Henry Anderson, DE New York Jets
6. Donte Moncrief, WR Jacksonville Jaguars

Roster
QB: Derek Carr, AJ McCarron
RB: Josh Jacobs, Doug Martin, Jalen Richard
WR: Jordy Nelson, Donte Moncrief
WR: Riley Ridley, Marcel Ateman
SLOT: Seth Roberts
TE: TJ Hockenson, Lee Smith, Derek Carrier, Darren Waller
LT: Kolton Miller, David Sharpe
LG: Kelechi Osemele, Denver Kirkland
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Gabe Jackson, Chaz Green
RT: Donovan Smith, Brandon Parker

DE: Henry Anderson, PJ Hall
NT: Dexter Lawerence, Justin Ellis
DE/DT: Quinnen Williams, Maurice Hurst
LOLB/DE: Dee Ford, James Cowser
ILB: CJ Mosley, Marquel Lee, Blake Cashman
ILB: Nicholas Marrow, Tre Watson
ROLB: Arden Key, Shilique Calhoun
CB: Gareon Conley, Bene Benwikere
CB: Byron Maxwell, Dexter McDonald
Nickel: Nick Nelson
FS: Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage
SS: Karl Joseph
LS: Andrew DePaolo
K: Daniel Carlson
P: Jack Bailey

4-3 Under
5t: Anderson, Hall
1t: Lawerence, Ellis
3t: Williams, Hurst
9t: Ford, Key

4-3 AA Blitz
9t: Ford
3t: Williams
3t: Hurst
9t: Key

3-4
DE: Anderson
NT: Lawerence
DE: Williams

19 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Myles Jack was One of the best cover LB I’ve seen in college. I wish I saw more of White in coverage. 

Myles Jack was the most ridiculous prospect I think I've ever watched. It seemed impossible that he would play as many snaps as he did and run as far and as hard as he did and not collapse by halftime. I mean, the man played man coverage against Nelson Agholor.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Myles Jack was the most ridiculous prospect I think I've ever watched. It seemed impossible that he would play as many snaps as he did and run as far and as hard as he did and not collapse by halftime. I mean, the man played man coverage against Nelson Agholor.

I was in love with Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith. I wanted both, but I was praying we got one of the two. 

I even remember the reports that he would only play football for 5 years (because of the condition of his knees). I still thought 5 years of him was worth a late first. 

But back to the subject..yes I can’t find any videos of white covering...just against the run..which was my issue with Joseph; everyone loved how he came down and hit..I kept thinking how does a safety not have But a few highlights in coverage? I know white is a LB, but if I’m taking a LB in the top ten he better be really good in coverage 

14 hours ago, Trojan said:

Is this too much FA money?

Free Agency
1. Dee Ford, OLB Kansas City Chiefs
2. CJ Mosley, ILB Baltimore Ravens
3. Adrian Amos, FS Chicago Bears
4. Donovan Smith, RT Tampa Bay
5. Henry Anderson, DE New York Jets
6. Donte Moncrief, WR Jacksonville Jaguars

I don't think it's too much money, if you have the cap space, you have the cap space. I just find it highly unlikely that one team would nab those top 3. I think with so many teams having cap space, it's really hard to land something like 3 marquee free agents like Ford / Mosley and Amos, and that's before you consider that Ford and Mosley could be franchise tagged anyway. Smith / Anderson / Moncrief are more or less mid tier free agents, so it would be easier to nab them (especially if you're overpaying a little), but for those top three I think that is very difficult. Just going to be too much interest across the league. 

26 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I really hope the Raiders are coaching jaylon ferguson at the senior bowl. One of my favorite edge rushers. Def think he will be a riser at the senior bowl and during the draft process. 

I'm interested to see how he fares as well.  Seems like he would be a poor man's Allen, but is actually a bit bigger too.

14 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I prefer both Pratt and Bush. I was a big Myles Jack fan, and White is nowhere near close to him athletically. In fact, I don't even think White is as good as Jerome Baker, athletically from last year.

White flashes because LSU sends him on blitzes a bunch and he has license to crash the line of scrimmage on QB rollouts--which is why I've comped him to Jarrad Davis who played similarly. I see him taking very bad angles on outside runs, and I don't see anything special about him in coverage.

He literally drips athletic ability. He's got 4.4 speed. I was a big LVE guy and White's more impressive sideline to sideline that he was. He's relentless in pursuit and lays wood when he hits. 

Coverage, he wasn't asked to do as much so got caught flat footed a lot on play action and not reading cues. But he has the range for it. His upside is huge in all areas:

https://247sports.com/college/miami/ContentGallery/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-A-Closer-Look-At-LSU-LB-Devin-White-and-How-He-Impacts-A-Game-121235735/#121235735_6

I think Bush is the prototype LB for today's NFL, his instincts and feel for the game are top notch. Issue is his size and length.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think it's too much money, if you have the cap space, you have the cap space. I just find it highly unlikely that one team would nab those top 3. I think with so many teams having cap space, it's really hard to land something like 3 marquee free agents like Ford / Mosley and Amos, and that's before you consider that Ford and Mosley could be franchise tagged anyway. Smith / Anderson / Moncrief are more or less mid tier free agents, so it would be easier to nab them (especially if you're overpaying a little), but for those top three I think that is very difficult. Just going to be too much interest across the league. 

Well money rules. So if we are the highest bidder we certainly will get serious consideration. And we actually have an interesting pitch as well: We sign Ford, Mosley and Amos and will add at least 2 D players in the first 2 rounds. That actually is a nice thought to be part of that defense i imagine.

I think we have the caproom to make the best offers, and if we can frontload those deals that wouldnt hurt as much as well. 

I guess it's nice to dream :-)

52 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He literally drips athletic ability. He's got 4.4 speed. I was a big LVE guy and White's more impressive sideline to sideline that he was. He's relentless in pursuit and lays wood when he hits. 

Coverage, he wasn't asked to do as much so got caught flat footed a lot on play action and not reading cues. But he has the range for it. His upside is huge in all areas:

https://247sports.com/college/miami/ContentGallery/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-A-Closer-Look-At-LSU-LB-Devin-White-and-How-He-Impacts-A-Game-121235735/#121235735_6

I think Bush is the prototype LB for today's NFL, his instincts and feel for the game are top notch. Issue is his size and length.

I’ve seen white pick up rb’s in the flat a lot but never really saw him vs te’s

he’s a gamer tho but I like Pratt’s height more. White has better film imo

Say white and Pratt both run sub 4.5 and have similar combine #. But Pratt is a good 3inches taller with longer arms.

does Pratt become the #1 mlb overtaking white?

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I’d take him at 24 tbh

I wouldn't mind it either, I just bet there will be some awesome D-line talent there still at #24. Who knows though.

Jacobs looks like he can do it all. Run hard, be agile, catch out of the backfield, return kicks, etc. Plus he split a lot of carries with other Bama RB's so there isn't concerns about a big workload.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ve seen white pick up rb’s in the flat a lot but never really saw him vs te’s

he’s a gamer tho but I like Pratt’s height more. White has better film imo

Say white and Pratt both run sub 4.5 and have similar combine #. But Pratt is a good 3inches taller with longer arms.

does Pratt become the #1 mlb overtaking white?

I've litterally seen Pratt mocked in the 4th round. I don't see anyone reputable in the draft space that ranks him top 50:

One example: https://theathletic.com/769500/2019/01/16/dane-bruglers-top-50-draft-board-where-does-kyler-murray-fit-in-this-years-class/

And he's hyped up here to an absurd degree. What am I missing? I just see a fast player who's not overly strong, doesn't take on contact well and gets blocked easily. His hips look stiff, he's not fluid and plays high which is why he gets eaten up on blocks. 

White can change direction on a dime (former running back). Pratt's feet are in cement. He has no change of direction or mobility. He's fast in a straight line, that's it.

Archived