2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

How mad are people going to be if Greedy is the pick at #4

I wouldn't be mad. We need elite players and playmakers on the defensive side. Williams and Conley would give us a very good young duo of CB's to build around going forward. 

I am a big Will Grier fan. But i am still riding with Carr. I think its likely he will never have another year like 2016. But i firmly believe he will consistently will be ranked just outside of the top 10 qb in the league for the next 10 years. And if we can get hin some consistency while surrounding him with some talent and field a defense that makes some plays then the raiders can compete year in and year out. Carr may not be great... but he is good enough.

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

How mad are people going to be if Greedy is the pick at #4

Much better value and numerous players is rather take at #4, id rather wait it out and hope a top CB makes it to our 2nd first rounder. The tough part is somewhat unlikely Murphy or Baker are there at 24 and after those 3 (Greedy, Baker, Murphy) there’s a decent drop off imo between them and the next crop of CB’s. So it’s a risky move to wait on a CB but it’s worth it to get better value at #4 and roll into the season with Conley, Worley, 2/3rd rounder, FA, etc. 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Much better value and numerous players is rather take at #4, id rather wait it out and hope a top CB makes it to our 2nd first rounder. The tough part is somewhat unlikely Murphy or Baker are there at 24 and after those 3 (Greedy, Baker, Murphy) there’s a decent drop off imo between them and the next crop of CB’s. So it’s a risky move to wait on a CB but it’s worth it to get better value at #4 and roll into the season with Conley, Worley, 2/3rd rounder, FA, etc. 

Agreed. I think a clever, under the radar FA pickup and perhaps a mid rounder would round that group off nicely. 

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like will g from wv more than Haskins 

Grier might be QB1 for me to actually. Great deep ball thrower. His touch on the deep ball is effortless. That game against Texas was something else and the throw to win it was as impressive as I've seen. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Grier might be QB1 for me to actually. Great deep ball thrower. His touch on the deep ball is effortless. That game against Texas was something else and the throw to win it was as impressive as I've seen. 

Or him vs okla god dude is a baller. Sees the field very well excellent ball placement knows when to put mustard on it and knows when to throw the touch passes. Solid footwork. Killer instinct. He should solidify himself at senior bowl him and Murray are my fav qbs 

11 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I am a big Will Grier fan. But i am still riding with Carr. I think its likely he will never have another year like 2016. But i firmly believe he will consistently will be ranked just outside of the top 10 qb in the league for the next 10 years. And if we can get hin some consistency while surrounding him with some talent and field a defense that makes some plays then the raiders can compete year in and year out. Carr may not be great... but he is good enough.

I like Carr but he lacks that edge that I think every great football player has. Carr just seems meh to me especially after the injury and doesn’t see the field well anymore. 

Ijs if we draft a qb for me it’s either Murray or Grier 

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why? Haven't watched much of either.

Haskins just seems like a product of the system seems like fools gold not really battle tested to me. I’ll have to watch more but he’s just completely folded in some games. He should’ve stayed one more year imo.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's Grier's negatives?

Gunslinger takes chances a lot. Gives his guys 50/50 chances most of the times the wrs come through tho cause of his ball placement. He will go down swinging. Needs to learn to be more conservative, protect the ball in pocket traffic, take a sack sometimes and check down more instead of going for haymakers. But he hits on the haymakers a lot so go figure. 

Archived