2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

I think Ed Oliver is the guy for us at 4. He had a bit of a down year with the injuries and some drama, but its nothing im overly concerned with. He came into the year as the number 2 guy behind Bosa (with some thinking it was close or giving the edge to Oliver). Bosa had some iniury concerns as well. What hurts Oliver more is the scheme specific skill set and build he possesses, but in the current NFL landscape I think thats greatly over exaggerated. Oliver is fast, explosive (his first step is special), strong, young, and can play up and down the defensuve line depending on the situation. He's one of the true, blue chip prospects in this upcoming draft. I agree that edge is a more pressing need, but need is how you end up with guys like Haden, MEJ, Jihad Ward, etc. Hurst and Oliver would see the field plenty together. We're in a spot where we just need elite talent, Oliver is exactly that IMO. As far as the later picks I'd look at guys like Burns, Polite, Ferguson or Sweat. Theres a real chance at any one of those guys being there with the later firsts. 

Im also high on Deandre Baker (Greedy is another blue chip guy in this class I'd be fine with at 4 but i give the edge to building up the trenches early). Baker is the clear cut number 2 CB and a guy that can be a pro bowl caliber player. Im a UGA fan, but Baker is the real deal IMO. He will struggle with the true burners of the NFL world but he can match up with the big, physical guys even though he isnt the biggest corner in the world. 

Noah Fant would be a dream come true at 27 IMO. Tight ends may take some time to develop but were in a rebuild, we can wait. I also think with DC liking big bodied, sure handed guys he could make a big impact early. If not oh well, were a year or two away best case. Take the matchup nightmare that has the potential to be the best TE in the league. 

Devin Bush - Im hoping that we can finally address the LB position with some top tier talent. Bush's size will ding him in draft position but its not that big of a concern in the Nfl we see today. He could really make a difference on a young, up and coming defense. 

N'Keal Harry - Reminds me of Aquan Boldin, big, physical, sure hands (the best in the draft) and productive. Would be a nice fit in the current offense. 

I think the blue chip guys in this draft are Bosa, Oliver, Greedy Williams, White, and Josh Allen. Any of those guys I'd be happy with but i believe Bosa and Allen will likely be gone before we get the chance. 

13 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

True. Andy Reid is a create coach, schemer, and very good play caller. I would be hesitant to take anything away from Mahomes, though. It's clear to me after watching him play that he's an all-time talent.

Maybe but only time will tell. To put him in the same group as Brady, Rogers, Big Ben and Brees Is it insult to the guys who been doing it for 15+ years.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

True. Andy Reid is a create coach, schemer, and very good play caller. I would be hesitant to take anything away from Mahomes, though. It's clear to me after watching him play that he's an all-time talent.

I had to go into work and missed the 2nd half of the Rams game.  I was listening to the radio feed of the NE game on the way home and it sounds like Mahomes has been under constant pressure and has been having to pass from the pocket in the first half.  How has he looked under pressure?

Raiders best chance to trade down are from QB needy teams like the Giants, Jags, Den, Wash, 

Washington might be the team that needs a QB the most. Would have to jump up a lot and can't imagine Alex Smith being back by the time season starts or even at all. Some team is gonna take advantage of them and hopefully, it's the Raiders. First this year and second this year to go with a first next year and a third-round pick. 

So no trading. I would like to see 

4. Assuming Bosa was drafted in the top 3. I am going with Rashan Gary. Regardless of if. Q. Willams or J. Allen are available. I watched a few games after seeinf DJ mock him so high. And wow i am more impressed with him then i am with Q or J.Allen. Gary is my number 2 player to Bosa. 

24. If D.Baker or G.Williams are available i would take either one but i like Baker slightly more but think both are great. I doubt they are there so I'm going with K'Neal Harry.

27. If D.Baker or G.Williams is drafted i am hoping Harry is still available. But since i doubt either are available and Harry was drafted then my pick would be Trayvon Mullen

35. Is Devin Bush or Deionte Thompason Drop to this pick or even Fant then i would take them in that order. I doubt they drop outta the first so i am going to go with Germaine Pratt.

Im good with that hall. 

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

We should trade back to the ten to twelve range for more picks. We need all the help we can get. Plus we can get a pretty good player at that range based upon who's all available.

Yeah we always say this, you know we have pretty much done this the last few years and have gotten stuck with an underwhelming pick, so I prefer we just stay where we are and take BPA. The last time we did that Mack fell into our lap!

4 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I’m with you on this as long as Bosa, Allen, and q Williams are gone. Packers have 12 and probably 30.

Chances are slim they all will be gone, someone will get in the top 3 for a QB and the Jets are most likely to take an OT.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:39 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Thoughts on NKeal Harry with one of our late firsts? Can go get the ball and is a YAC machine. Seems like the sort of WR Carr (or a young QB) would love.

8 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

N'Keal Harry - Reminds me of Aquan Boldin, big, physical, sure hands (the best in the draft) and productive. Would be a nice fit in the current offense. 

Wow. Some things just never change 😂

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Wow. Some things just never change 😂

Big WR without speed = Anquan Bolden

Small white WR who only plays slot = Wes Welker

I can't wait to hear all the Andy Isabella Wes Welker comparisons despite the fact he has sprinters speed lol

8 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Chances are slim they all will be gone, someone will get in the top 3 for a QB and the Jets are most likely to take an OT.

I thought this too, but apparently Jonah Williams--the presumptive top tackle--isn't thought highly of by the NFL. I know the NFL isn't a monolith but it also kind is a monolith--we'll see.

I can't help but think this draft is one of the ones where we are really in a GREAT position to land "the guy' or 'guys' we want.  There are so many holes to fill that we really can't go wrong.  The one scenario that I have been going over is 

1- ARI - Bosa

2- SF- Q

3- NYJ- Allen

I really think we need to trade back at this point and see what a QB hungry team is willing to give in order to move up ad land Haskins, Grier, or Murray.  Or even Jones.  The Giants, Jaguars, Broncos (Though I'd pass on trading with them) Bengals, Dolphins, and Redskins are ALL potential trade partners the draft in the next ten picks after us.  Even the Steelers could be a team looking to go QB with Ben in the twilight of his playing career.  

If I am Gruden, I am trying to pit NYG and JAX against each other to see who wants Haskins more.  I could see us landing an extra third, and still landing Devin White with this pick.  In front of Denver who is in the market for an ILB in their front.  

Archived