2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

Just now, BayRaider said:

And Alabama had the best run blocking OLine in college, best WR corps in college, and a Top 3 QB in college. When his load increased to a basic 120 carries his average went down a full yard to 5.3. 5.3 usually translates to 4.3 in the NFL. 

Have you watched him play at all or are you box score scouting?

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Have you watched him play at all or are you box score scouting?

I've seen him play plenty. He's a less polished and poor mans Kareem Hunt. I just find it absolutely questionable that people want to draft a RB with 250 total caries in college who had the most stacked offense in college football history around him.

I'm ok with him in the late 1st although would prefer to skip him altogether.

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Show us the proof

People don't average the same in the NFL, everyone on the defense is way bigger and way faster. Please tell me this is not a legitimate question. Even Elliott who had the greatest OL in NFL History went from a 5.9 to 5.3.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

People don't average the same in the NFL, everyone on the defense is way bigger and way faster. Please tell me this is not a legitimate question. Even Elliott who had the greatest OL in NFL History went from a 5.9 to 5.3.

Absolutely legitimate. I bet I can find a RB who averaged more ypc in the NFL than they did in college that didn't have the greatest OL in NFL history. Also...the greatest OL in NFL history? they're good. But the greatest? That's a bold statement.

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Absolutely legitimate. I bet I can find a RB who averaged more ypc in the NFL than they did in college that didn't have the greatest OL in NFL history. Also...the greatest OL in NFL history? they're good. But the greatest? That's a bold statement.

Greatest run blocking OL in NFL History, by far. Elliott had holes the size EA’s moms... well... yeah. 

Yes you’ll find some but ill find 95% more with 0.8 to 1.0 less. 

So I have been trying to figure out part of Devin White's issues with taking on blockers beyond experience and technique and came across something that could factor into him dropping a little bit.  His arm length.  I could be wrong and feel free to correct me because I do not know enough to say this is an issue or not.  I was watching one of his highlight tapes and when he goes to sack Lamar Jackson his freshman year Jackson stiff arms him but he still gets the sack.  Jackson has 33 in long arms and when he fully extends White has an issue reaching him.  Will this be a problem if his arms measure under 32 inches?  They do not look short when I watch him play but during that play it is clear the Jackson has longer arms.

So considering this is probably mostly Mayocks grades on NFL.com, he likes Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen as a tie for #1, even way ahead of Bosa apparently. Bosas injury history does scare me. I do think he'll be the #1 player when on the field, but I think Qunnien Williams will be the best player in this draft consistently. I'm trying, trying my hardest to like Josh Allen. Pass Rusher, check, I don't ever see him being solid against the run. A lot of his pressure won't work in the NFL either. I see him as a 7 - 11 sack a year guy while being a average run defender. I'll watch more but this is what I see. Thankfully I don't have to worry about it as I'm 80% confident the Niners will select Allen #2. Just like in 2014, the best player in this draft might slip to us at #4, Quinnen Williams. I think he is going to be an absolute monster.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Value is relative. I think Jacobs is as good as just about anyone in this draft. Your second point is moot considering Kamara wasn't a starter at Tennessee.

And you point is valid based on Kimura, a player that zero to do with Jacobs other than Kimura wasn't a starter in college? 

I guess I'm similar to Barry Sanders in a sense that I played RB in the 6th grade. LOL

Like I said let's see how dominant Kimura is when Brees retires.  Kimura is not a lead back that can tote the rock 25 times a game and grind out yards when it counts.  He's a dynamic RB on a high powered O that allows him to flourish.  Only a few teams have the firepower to really utilize Kimura properly and he luckily got drafted by one of them.  

4 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Priest Holmes would probably fit that bill

Just checked out a new mock that had us getting Allen at 4 (which I don’t see happening but insert Ferrell or Gary here would be an alternative in this scenario)

that mock then had us taking Bush st 24 and Wilson at 27 , then kelvin Harmon at 35. 

Thoughts yall? This wouldn’t make me mad, and I actually kinda like the idea. Especially with additional help beforehand in FA (in my perfect world flowers and Clinton dix specifically)

6 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Just checked out a new mock that had us getting Allen at 4 (which I don’t see happening but insert Ferrell or Gary here would be an alternative in this scenario)

that mock then had us taking Bush st 24 and Wilson at 27 , then kelvin Harmon at 35. 

Thoughts yall? This wouldn’t make me mad, and I actually kinda like the idea. Especially with additional help beforehand in FA (in my perfect world flowers and Clinton dix specifically)

I think both Bush and Wilson little bit luxury. I feel much better either of Bush or Wilson and best remaining cornerback. 

18 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No way Jacobs should be taken at 4 overall with all of the other talent on the board.  Jacobs barley carried the ball in college, didn't start and you want him at 4?  The value is just not there especially for a player who doesn't appear to be a workhorse back like Zeke or AP in his prime.   You take backs like that in the top 5 not Jacobs SMH...

I'm hearing comparisons to Kimura.  Kimura is the type of back who flourishes will an All Pro QB, a good Oline, a thumper to spell him and another All Pro WR to take the heat off of him.  You put Kimura on the Jets/ Bills and we will see how good  he actually is.  Zeke or AP in their prime can run successfully on any team and those are they type of players you take top 5.  We will see how good Kimura is once Brees retires but I'm not slapping a yellow jacket on him like you homers who don't know jack about football.  

Once again Jacobs at 4 is terrible value especially on this dumpster fire of a team.

Jacobs has similar skill set to Zeke. He was in a loaded offense at Alabama. Let's not fault him for not being a work horse when his teammate will also go in the top 100 picks and he never carried the ball more than 20 times in a game. If you look at the skillset, you can see he is very very good at the position.

It's Kamara... and he was a stud at UT and I wanted to draft him round 2. You can try to undersell him to prove your point, but you look lost doing it. Kamara has speed, vision, incredible contact balance, can catch, etc. And you forget he was tearing the league up while Ingram was out. He was the top back in the league as their workhorse for weeks. 

Now, I can understand the value argument of taking a RB at 4. Personally (because you seem to like to quote my posts) I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't be mad if it happened because I think he's going to be a stud 3 down back. 

Archived