2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Now, I can understand the value argument of taking a RB at 4. Personally (because you seem to like to quote my posts) I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't be mad if it happened because I think he's going to be a stud 3 down back. 

I just feel like there are too many holes to reach that high for a running back. We've tried to build around skill position players in the draft before and it didn't work out that well. Jacobs at 24 or 27 is a great value but at 4 he's a reach. Unless he's a Gurley, Zeke, or Barkley level of talent and one of the most productive players in the NFL from day one. 

I really want us to address the defense this offseason but I'm also currently swooning at the possibility of adding someone like Jacobs at 24 and TJ Hockenson at 27. Those two would really, really help our offense and would be great weapons for Carr/our future franchise QB.

Despite the fact that we're likely going to miss on Bosa, Q Williams, and Allen I still think that the 4th spot is a nice spot to be in. Teams always move up to get a quarterback. Last year the Jets moved up for Darnold, the Bills moved up for Allen, the Cardinals moved up for Rosen, and the Ravens moved up for Jackson. I'd be ecstatic if we could trade down with someone like Miami, add another 2nd this year, and recoup that 2nd we lost next year.

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Despite the fact that we're likely going to miss on Bosa, Q Williams, and Allen I still think that the 4th spot is a nice spot to be in. Teams always move up to get a quarterback. Last year the Jets moved up for Darnold, the Bills moved up for Allen, the Cardinals moved up for Rosen, and the Ravens moved up for Jackson. I'd be ecstatic if we could trade down with someone like Miami, add another 2nd this year, and recoup that 2nd we lost next year.

That's my hope as well. However I go back and forth with thinking that Jacksonville is the most likely to trade up to get in front of the Giants. Of the QB needy teams, I think they are the most likely to believe that they are only a quarterback away.

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And even at that size, he probably already has more courage in the pocket than Carr.

It's easy to have courage in the pocket playing behind a dominant offensive line with elite weapons around you. Do you think Murray is going to stand confident behind Miller/Parker throwing to Nelson/Roberts? 

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can’t stand drafting players that sound ridiculously dumb, especially QBs. Listening to Murray talk is cringe worthy. 

Oklahoma players said Murray was like the anti-Baker in terms of leadership. Baker was a very vocal guy in the locker room while Murray is very quiet and is a "lead by example" type. 

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can’t stand drafting players that sound ridiculously dumb, especially QBs. Listening to Murray talk is cringe worthy. 

Are you guys basing this off one recent interview? Because what I've seen of Murray, he's been articulate and humble.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Are you guys basing this off one recent interview? Because what I've seen of Murray, he's been articulate and humble.

Bo Jackson only stuttered when he was with the media.  No telling what a person does when he gets nervous 

Archived