2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

44 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gotta say this I’m hella happy for my squad Kentucky for finally not only getting a 10 win season but getting to a bowl and winning it vs a good penn st squad. Props to josh for staying I think dude was 200 lb when he got there. Props to snell for the rushing record. My squad finally is making some noise. Uk>ul for life

rant over

What’s your UK ties? 

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

FWIW I like key but he’s limited even his 10yrd split of 1.78 is worse than most 300+ lb dts 

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018DL.php

only thing he “killed” on his pro day was the 3 cone drill. Unless I missed something please enlighten me. 

His 10 yard split isn't even listed on walterfootball. It was DNP.

Regardless, I'm judging Key on what he previously showed. He wasn't right his final season at LSU. His burst wasn't the same as he was rounding back into shape. He did however look good late in the season getting off. So curious to see how he develops himself in the offseason.

15 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

What’s your UK ties? 

My mom is from Kentucky I went there every summer until high school. I was the outcast so I was uk and my cousins were ul whenever we played football or basketball. Just kinda stuck with me.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

His 10 yard split isn't even listed on walterfootball. It was DNP.

Regardless, I'm judging Key on what he previously showed. He wasn't right his final season at LSU. His burst wasn't the same as he was rounding back into shape. He did however look good late in the season getting off. So curious to see how he develops himself in the offseason.

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002804&draftyear=2018&genpos=DE

i used Walters site so you can see other dL #’s

again I like key and he flashes maybe 10 times a year but his lack of speed is disappointing. I think he was better at run d last year than pass d to be honest. He’s like a base de who can give you a decent pass rush here and there 

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002804&draftyear=2018&genpos=DE

i used Walters site so you can see other dL #’s

again I like key and he flashes maybe 10 times a year but his lack of speed is disappointing. I think he was better at run d last year than pass d to be honest. He’s like a base de who can give you a decent pass rush here and there 

I'll agree to that. He's Robin as a pass rusher. The Raiders need to find Batman 

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'll agree to that. He's Robin as a pass rusher. The Raiders need to find Batman 

I agree with you this offseason will either make or break him. Still a nice piece to have and for a 3rd he’ll be cheap. Gives high effort tho.

25 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Key was just 22 and rookie....  usually takes pass rushers a few years to get going..... for example Calais Campbell- had zero sacks and 22 tackles his rookie year, he's had a darn good career... 

I worry less about stats and more about how a player looks in his rookie year. Production, or in this case a lack thereof, isn't all created equal. Not only was Key unproductive this season, he rarely created pressure and showed a lack of strength and burst off the edge.

Conversely, P.J. Hall, a player with a similar lack of production, showed he has both the strength and burst to develop into a quality inside player. With Hall, it's more about developing his skill--namely footwork and hand use--than developing his body/athleticism (which is harder to do).

25 minutes ago, roi34 said:

He was an undersized rookie who got more pt than expected. He'll be fine.. he grew as season went on. DE needs quickness more than speed in most cases

When some say speed, what there really mean is burst. Key has very little burst and definitely doesn't convert speed to power. Key is agile, but agility is not enough to consistently affect the passer. I am not counting on Key to becoming more than what he is.

24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Key was just 22 and rookie....  usually takes pass rushers a few years to get going..... for example Calais Campbell- had zero sacks and 22 tackles his rookie year, he's had a darn good career... 

A lot of players don't develop, just saying.... Vernon Gholston got zero sacks as a rookie and then fizzled out of the league with zero sacks. 

20 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

When some say speed, what there really mean is burst. Key has very little burst and definitely doesn't convert speed to power. Key is agile, but agility is not enough to consistently affect the passer. I am not counting on Key to becoming more than what he is.

Key has decent bend on edge and should develop a little more with work and experience. He will never be mack or von Miller imo but he can develop into a 6-9 sack guy with right people around him. He could of easily had 4-6 sacks this yr.  

People also focus on combine as if a guy doesnt get stronger or faster as his body matures and he trains better. Not to mention he had some demons he had fought in college.

17 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Key has decent bend on edge and should develop a little more with work and experience. He will never be mack or von Miller imo but he can develop into a 6-9 sack guy with right people around him. He could of easily had 4-6 sacks this yr.  

People also focus on combine as if a guy doesnt get stronger or faster as his body matures and he trains better. Not to mention he had some demons he had fought in college.

I don't think he could have easily had 4-6 sacks this year--he was lucky to get the 1. 

It's not just the combine that has me skeptical on Key, it's also his college tape. He didn't have good college tape, either.

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think he could have easily had 4-6 sacks this year--he was lucky to get the 1. 

It's not just the combine that has me skeptical on Key, it's also his college tape. He didn't have good college tape, either.

I don't think he will be much more than Bruce irvin in terms of pass rush. Occasional coverage sack and some sacks from beating tackle around edge.

But he fell down on two sacks that I saw that were sacks from wet field and being over anxious. The fumble strip sack was taken away. So don't see how he was lucky to have 1? If u watch the first half vs second half he was definitely around qb more second half. 

Archived