2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

Kyler Murray just signed Erik Burkhardt to be his agent. Burkhardt also represents Kliff Kingsbury and back in October Kingsbury said: "Kyler's a freak, I would take him with the first pick of the draft if I could." If they go Murray #1 it will really shake up the rest of the draft.

41 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I'd rather have other wrs not named metcalf. We've seen the big explosive guys and typically they dont pan out 

The offense at ole miss and what he was asked to do concerns me as well. His pro day will be insightful I think. Will show his development in portions of the route tree that aren't nececessarily available on film.

Metclaf is a boom or bust, no thanks. That dude is literally Randy Moss or David Boston. I don’t mind taking a boom or bust but certainly not with our first pick. No on a QB, no on Metclaf, no on Jacobs, no on Gary, no on Oliver. Too risky of prospects with our first selection. If Bosa, Williams, and Allen (even though im not the biggest Allen fan) are gone then I’d rather pick Ferrell or Devin White even if not the greatest value. They are both top 10 prospects in this draft imo. Honestly leaning towards Ferrell. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I see this lazy draft twitter hot take made it over here. 

They are practically the same size and speed, both probably juiced, and both will probably have short careers that do not live up to the hype.  If you think a 6-4 230 pound WR who runs a 4.4 40 is going to reach his potential lets take him number 4.  I do not and I would not have taken Boston either.  The rest of my post was about how I think his size and strength are going to lead to injuries like Boston.  If he is juiced like Boston I can guarantee it will have when he cycles off.  Maybe he is the next evolutionary freak and if that is the case a WR who runs like a WR and is the size of a DE should go very high in the draft.  I am betting he tests positive for something and/or is injured in the next year and that is why I would not draft him early.  At 27 or later I probably would take him and would think about it at 24.

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Metclaf is a boom or bust, no thanks. That dude is literally Randy Moss or David Boston. I don’t mind taking a boom or bust but certainly not with our first pick. No on a QB, no on Metclaf, no on Jacobs, no on Gary, no on Oliver. Too risky of prospects with our first selection. If Bosa, Williams, and Allen (even though im not the biggest Allen fan) are gone then I’d rather pick Ferrell or Devin White even if not the greatest value. They are both top 10 prospects in this draft imo. Honestly leaning towards Ferrell. 

We need a dynamic receiver and he has a very high ceiling. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We need a dynamic receiver and he has a very high ceiling. 

Not with our first pick... and he's extremely risky. Sign me up for whoever falls to 35. AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, or Kelvin Harmon. Brown is the most polished receiver in the draft and Samuel is very explosive and a play maker. Using our first pick on a WR would be idiotic.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Not with our first pick... and he's extremely risky. Sign me up for whoever falls to 35. AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, or Kelvin Harmon. Brown is the most polished receiver in the draft and Samuel is very explosive and a play maker. Using our first pick on a WR would be idiotic.

I never said anything about drafting him with our first pick. But I'd be happy with him at 24/27/35. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I can understand your concerns with some of the players mentioned but why would you be against Oliver at 4.  He is an elite talent who can dominate on the inside.

On 08/02/2019 at 3:46 PM, Jerry said:

If we could trade our 4th pick and maybe Seth Roberts or a third round pick to move up to 1st or 2nd, I would do it.  Anything more than that and I'd be pretty upset.  If it doesn't work out then trade back.  I'd rather have a bunch of above average starters than one game changer like K. Mack who obviously couldn't do it on his own.  Hopefully we trade back and still find a diamond in the rough.

See, I’m the opposite thought process here. Grab a legitimately great player if you can as you can find average players much more easily in FA and lower down the draft. If there is a future All Pro at the position we’re drafting (for example if we think Q Williams or Ed Oliver is) then we should take him rather than trade down and get 2 or 3 decent players. Up to the coaches then to make best use of great talent - that’s what they’re paid to do. It’s the Derwin James scenario again, we didn’t take him due to having a couple guys at the position and needs elsewhere.

I’m not advocating trading up however as the cost I feel would be prohibitive and we have created too many holes. 

Archived