2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

TJ is the best TE in the draft though, by a wide margin. We have almost zero weapons in the passing game. Carr needs help. 

Depends if we re-sign Cook. I’d rather put more importance on WE. TE is historically a luxury pick in the 1st, you draft them when your team is in place already, look at history. Hockenson won’t be there anyways and I’m kind of cooling on Fant.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Depends if we re-sign Cook. I’d rather put more importance on WE. TE is historically a luxury pick in the 1st, you draft them when your team is in place already, look at history. Hockenson won’t be there anyways and I’m kind of cooling on Fant.

Cook is gone. The NFL is changing now and TE is a premium position with the right player because you can move them around and exploit mismatches against LBs. We need weapons across the board. Hockenson would probably be our #1 passing option from day 1, so it’s not a luxury pick at all. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t sleep on Fant. He’s going to be a beast.

3 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

The Draft Networks mock draft simulator is really well put together. This is what I can away with using their big board/player rankings in a 7 round mock. Some favorable players fell for sure but I’d be ecstatic if the board fell this way. 

1. Quinnen Williams, DT 

24. Montez Sweat, Edge

27. Nasir Adderly, S 

35. N’Keal Harry, WR 

66. JoeJuan Williams, DB 

100. Andy Isabella, WR

131. Rodney Anderson, RB

183. Gary Johnson, LB

196. Byron Cowart, Edge

213. LJ Scott, RB

Wouldve liked to address off ball LB earlier but not a ton of great options and should’ve taken a flyer on a developmental OL in 6/7 but felt the value of Cowart/Scott was greater than what was available in that realm. In reality 4 starters from day one and love adding Isabella and Anderson to the fold on offense. 

4. Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama
24. Montez Sweat, DE Mississippi State
27. DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia
36. Devin Bush, LB Michigan
68. Josh Jacobs, RB Alabama
103. Rock Ya-Sin, CB Temple
135. Parris Campbell, WR Ohio State
188. Austin Bryant, DE Clemson
202. Max Scharping, OL Northern Illinois
213. Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo

lol'd when Josh Jacobs who they had ranked as the 8th best prospect was there in the 3rd round.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

The Draft Networks mock draft simulator is really well put together. This is what I can away with using their big board/player rankings in a 7 round mock. Some favorable players fell for sure but I’d be ecstatic if the board fell this way. 

1. Quinnen Williams, DT 

24. Montez Sweat, Edge

27. Nasir Adderly, S 

35. N’Keal Harry, WR 

66. JoeJuan Williams, DB 

100. Andy Isabella, WR

131. Rodney Anderson, RB

183. Gary Johnson, LB

196. Byron Cowart, Edge

213. LJ Scott, RB

Wouldve liked to address off ball LB earlier but not a ton of great options and should’ve taken a flyer on a developmental OL in 6/7 but felt the value of Cowart/Scott was greater than what was available in that realm. In reality 4 starters from day one and love adding Isabella and Anderson to the fold on offense. 

I would like Pick 66 to be a Edge player

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

TJ is the best TE in the draft though, by a wide margin. We have almost zero weapons in the passing game. Carr needs help. 

By a wide margin? Just no.

I know the TJ train is moving at a nice clip these days but I think the TE class is 6-8 deep with guys that can start for a team if used correctly. Fant and Smith will probably test better and I like Oliver and Sternberger hands better.

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

By a wide margin? Just no.

I know the TJ train is moving at a nice clip these days but I think the TE class is 6-8 deep with guys that can start for a team if used correctly. Fant and Smith will probably test better and I like Oliver and Sternberger hands better.

TJ Hockenson is a top 20 pick most likely and is for sure the best TE prospect in the class. I'm not too familiar with the rest of the group outside of the Iowa kids but isn't Fant more of a WR/TE hybrid than a TE?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

TJ Hockenson is a top 20 pick most likely and is for sure the best TE prospect in the class. I'm not too familiar with the rest of the group outside of the Iowa kids but isn't Fant more of a WR/TE hybrid than a TE?

Fant is def a receiving TE, but Irv Smith Jr from Alabama isn't far (ie wide margin) behind Hockenson.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I took issue with you saying by a wide margin not that he was the best prospect atm.

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If you can’t benched 225 more than 10 times that means you’re not really serious about working out.

Maybe.. Some aren't good at benching. Also don't care if my cb benches 225 20 times. I want him to jump and go get ball.  Read and react. Benching doesn't give you better technique.

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If you can’t benched 225 more than 10 times that means you’re not really serious about working out.

This is the dumbest thing I've read today (checks Michael Cohen testimony), yup stand by that.

All body types are different and the body reacts to different stimulus. Longer, ectomorph body types with long arms are not going to be great at bench press. A lot of great athletes who train hard daily can't bench 225 for a ton of reps. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Cook is gone. The NFL is changing now and TE is a premium position with the right player because you can move them around and exploit mismatches against LBs. We need weapons across the board. Hockenson would probably be our #1 passing option from day 1, so it’s not a luxury pick at all. 

why not franchise tag? 9ers just franchised their kicker.... there isn't anyone else due for a big contract soon, so we can franchise Cook

Archived