2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Humble kid... dominant since day 1 of freshman year.... You keep talking about Donald, but here is Ed Oliver

You watch that tape and you are saying to yourself, "Why are they not blocking him?"

Hahaha, I know its highlights and suppose to look impressive but his first step and shoulder dip n' rip are elite.

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

If the Raiders where picking number one, no. At 4 there isn’t a clear cut  guy, if the front office and Gruden love a guy i could see them drafting someone. 

Interesting. Carr put together a better year than I thought he would after losing Lynch and Cooper. Aren't you on the hook for a good amount of guarantees?

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting. Carr put together a better year than I thought he would after losing Lynch and Cooper. Aren't you on the hook for a good amount of guarantees?

No.  Only $7.5 this year and it goes down $2.5 every year.  2019 is guaranteed on March 15th.

53 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Humble kid... dominant since day 1 of freshman year.... You keep talking about Donald, but here is Ed Oliver

One thing I love and I saw it with Derrick Brown was him chasing down players from behind and making plays in the secondary.  I love seeing that kind of hustle from d-linemen.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

You watch that tape and you are saying to yourself, "Why are they not blocking him?"

Hahaha, I know its highlights and suppose to look impressive but his first step and shoulder dip n' rip are elite.

First step, aggression, relentless all elite. But he'll get chewed up at DT at his size, and is he quick enough to play edge? Perhaps.. No way he's a tackle. I can't imagine him coming in over 270. He looks no smaller or larger than K. Mack.

48 minutes ago, holyghost said:

First step, aggression, relentless all elite. But he'll get chewed up at DT at his size, and is he quick enough to play edge? Perhaps.. No way he's a tackle. I can't imagine him coming in over 270. He looks no smaller or larger than K. Mack.

270 at 8 perfect body fat... wonder if he could be a Base End

Oliver could probably play defensive end, and last year Guenther definitely liked his ends held tight at 5 technique on early downs. Ultimately, Oliver could bounce up and down the defensive line and would great on stunts. I'm still not completely sold on him as a prospect, but I'm amenable to appreciating his upside. I'm about in the same place with Rashan Gary, too. Production is an issue for both and I'm just trying to figure out if it's a problem for either.

The more prospects I like in the first round, the more I think the Raiders should trade back. If the Jets stay put by picking a tackle of their choice or Quinnen Williams, I think the Raiders would be a ripe spot for a team trading up for a quarterback, probably Haskins.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

3 QBs can easily move up top 5 picks

• Drew Lock
  • Daniel Jones
  • Dwayne Haskins 

they are already be mocked in the top 10.. if they tear up all star games, look good in workouts, teams will fall in love...

There is no way Lock goes top 5--he'll be lucky to go in the 2nd.

Daniel Jones is a strong maybe, but probably more of a middle first to secondrounder. He probably will be great in interviews and his Cutcliff ties will give him a boost. Arm strength and general accuracy issues should suppress his upside in the draft, though.

Dwayne Haskins is the one guy who I think has legit top 5 chops and, in my opinion, the only truly legitimate first rounder.

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

no one thought Josh Allen was going be a high pick this time last year

I mean, yeah we did. Allen was a presumptive first rounder since the 2017 draft.

Lock has some of the slowest eyes I've seen from a college prospect. Funnily enough, he reminds me a lot of Jake Locker minus the top-level athleticism.

1 hour ago, holyghost said:

He’s like 2 inches shorter than Mack

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

say we go DT @4... wonder if Hurst has trade value.... 

Yes.... let's trade the one rookie who looks like he can be a pro bowl player in the future on a 5th round salary.

Hall didn't flash enough not to consider DT at 4 if that's the BPA

Archived