2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The difference is Carr was at fresno freaking state. USC had a better team all around. ANd carr was playing injured.

Cal had a garbage team as well.

I think tua is a solid  1st round prospect, but I'm not nearly enamored with many of these college qb's as you guys are.

You're holding Tua to an impossibly high standard that because he plays on a great team, he's not allowed to have bad games.

You also ignore the rest of my post, which is really the substance of my argument: I care more about Tua's tools as they translate to the NFL than his success. McElroy, McCarron, Sims, and Hurts also had success at Alabama but weren't nearly as good NFL prospects.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm looking at the player and situation. Mccarron had similar success. Not comparing them as players, but get real. Any even ok qb could lead this bama team to this stage. Jalen Hurts isn't an NFL prospect and he shredded georgia.

Look at his talent and ability instead.

Like you said, many QBs could lead Alabama to the success they've had. So flush the W/L argument and look at what he can do as a player.

12 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

You're holding Tua to an impossibly high standard that because he plays on a great team, he's not allowed to have bad games.

You also ignore the rest of my post, which is really the substance of my argument: I care more about Tua's tools as they translate to the NFL than his success. McElroy, McCarron, Sims, and Hurts also had success at Alabama but weren't nearly as good NFL prospects.

Look at his talent and ability instead.

Like you said, many QBs could lead Alabama to the success they've had. So flush the W/L argument and look at what he can do as a player.

You bring up some good points. Call me biased, but I find the biggest games most telling, as they most closely resemble real NFL competition. It was similar with mariota. You can project traits, but oregon's offense gave him tons and tons of easy throws. Who is your NFL comparison for Tua?

I also struggle even at bama to remember a qb with 3 1st round prospects at WR. Jeudy is ridiculous. The true freshman is one of the fastest players I've ever seen in CFB. The 3rd guy is still an unbelievable receiver in his own right.

32 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm looking at the player and situation. Mccarron had similar success. Not comparing them as players, but get real. Any even ok qb could lead this bama team to this stage. Jalen Hurts isn't an NFL prospect and he shredded georgia.

True but u and I can recognize the difference between hurts and tua. I think tua and Lawrence both going to be good nfl qbs

16 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I like ferrel don't get the hate

Not a big fan on Ferrell and not currently watching the game but I think he’s too stiff to be a top level pass rusher in the NFL.

I have him as a late first to second rounder with a Carlos Dunlap/Mario Addison comp.

Archived