2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

Yeah if that trio goes 1-2-3 then we’d be in a prime spot for a trade down with Haskins as directly after us are Bucs, Giants, Jags. All 3 could realistically pick Haskins.

Id easily trade down with the Jags for pick 1.7 and change (2019 2nd or 3rd and 2020 2nd for example). 

If we can’t find a trade partner and those three are gone it’s not ideal but Ed Oliver is still IMO an elite talent at a premium position. Take him and focus on the rest of the draft, don’t over complicate it. 

Also this TE class is sooo deep hope we bring back Cook and take someone in round 2-4, a lot of good talent. 

45 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yeah if that trio goes 1-2-3 then we’d be in a prime spot for a trade down with Haskins as directly after us are Bucs, Giants, Jags. All 3 could realistically pick Haskins.

Id easily trade down with the Jags for pick 1.7 and change (2019 2nd or 3rd and 2020 2nd for example). 

If we can’t find a trade partner and those three are gone it’s not ideal but Ed Oliver is still IMO an elite talent at a premium position. Take him and focus on the rest of the draft, don’t over complicate it. 

Also this TE class is sooo deep hope we bring back Cook and take someone in round 2-4, a lot of good talent. 

Trading from 7 to 4 for qb would cost more than 2nd next yr. If we only got that then Reggie wasn't doing the trades. Horrible value

5 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Trading from 7 to 4 for qb would cost more than 2nd next yr. If we only got that then Reggie wasn't doing the trades. Horrible value

Depends on how highly valued Haskins is.  I know it is not the authority but is a good starting point but draft value chart has a 4 to 7 move valued as a late second.  If the Jags are in the top  half of the round then it is close enough that it could happen but I would not.  A second this year or a 1st next year would be my starting point unless I believe Haskins has the ability to be great and I can start a bidding war.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Depends on how highly valued Haskins is.  I know it is not the authority but is a good starting point but draft value chart has a 4 to 7 move valued as a late second.  If the Jags are in the top  half of the round then it is close enough that it could happen but I would not.  A second this year or a 1st next year would be my starting point unless I believe Haskins has the ability to be great and I can start a bidding war.

Atleats a 2nd this year to recoup the one we gave to the Bears with Mack

32 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

So with the Bears making the playoffs and us giving them our 2nd round pick the Mack trade is unbelievably horrible, we essentially gave them Mack to move down about 10 spots this year and a #1 next year.

The 2nd is for next yr not this

One interesting thing I found from the Mayock presser was the comment about Carr. Someone asked him and he pretty much just said he has to evaluate everyone. 

I highly doubt it, but IF Carr got shipped out, would people be cool with Haskins at #4? Or wait another season and have a stopgap veteran.

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

One interesting thing I found from the Mayock presser was the comment about Carr. Someone asked him and he pretty much just said he has to evaluate everyone. 

I highly doubt it, but IF Carr got shipped out, would people be cool with Haskins at #4? Or wait another season and have a stopgap veteran.

Yea, I caught that too.  I think that he is just covering he bases with that comment....or lack there of a comment, however you want to look at it. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

haskins at #4 wouldnt excite me from what I've seen of him. He should be ok, but i dont trust him.

Started watching the interior DL today and holy cow is this class great.  Jefferey Simmons is really being slept on right now.  I think he’s right there talent-wise with Williams and Oliver.  

Without even watching Devin White or any of the DBs yet, I would be very happy at 4 with any one of: Bosa, Allen, Williams, Oliver, Simmons.

Sure Edge is more of a need but we just need pass rush wherever we can get it and I don’t think we should pass on an elite talent because of Hurst and PJ.

This year's class is loaded with defensive linemen. I want to watch some tape on Ed Oliver, Quinnen Williams, Clelin Ferrell, Josh Allen, and Jachai Polite. We need to find a difference maker with all of our early picks if we want to be competitive soon. 

I'd be happy with: 

4th: Clelin Ferrell, Edge, Clemson

24th: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss 

28th:  Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

36th: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Archived