2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Nah, he didn't. He'll be the #1 overall pick next year.

Also, wasn't Tebow great in Championship games in college?

Thanks for helping me prove my point. Tebow was a better college QB, lol.

Whoever takes Tua #1 or in the first couple of rounds next year will pay for it in the long run.

How do guys not see how limited he is?

9 hours ago, daineraider said:

?,  Lawrence looked great in a National Championship his true freshman year.  Has a chance?  He is already better than 95% of college QBs.  He will be the #1 or 2 pick in two years.

He will more than likely be a top pick, we can both agree on that.  However, he's got a long way to go in the next 2 years to prove he'll actually be successful in the NFL. 

Yes he played great last night and everyone is excited immediately after.  I literally turned to my son and said, "I could have made that throw" multiple times during the game though. It's pretty easy when the defense is playing like crap or in some cases, falls down.

Let's not crown these guys yet. He has time.

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Whoever takes Tua #1 or in the first couple of rounds next year will pay for it in the long run.

Overreaction much? Tim Tebow was a better college running qb. Wasn't a better thrower. Tebow wasnt a real nfl qb prospect. Tua Is, one bad game doesn't change that. He's still a sophomore.

You guys overreacting to one game is silly. 

1 hour ago, true2form said:

He will more than likely be a top pick, we can both agree on that.  However, he's got a long way to go in the next 2 years to prove he'll actually be successful in the NFL. 

Yes he played great last night and everyone is excited immediately after.  I literally turned to my son and said, "I could have made that throw" multiple times during the game though. It's pretty easy when the defense is playing like crap or in some cases, falls down.

Let's not crown these guys yet. He has time.

Lawrence made some open throws sure. He also made many tight window throws over defenders. That TD pass to Higgins was picture perfect.

I also do agree with True to form. Lawrence did great. Amazing performance for a freshman. Or any level. But let’s Also give tons of credit to Dabo Sweeny..I’ve never seen a Alabama defense look so lost. They looked more like a Penn State level defense. 

There was 2 amazing passes that stand out in my head. I didn’t see Andrew Luck type college qb performance (which someone said he looked better than)..people are crowning him the top pick in 2 years. That’s a lot of pressure for a 19 year old to live up to. I was more impressed with Fromms performance last year against bama than I was with Lawrence and I thought Fromm was for sure the number one pick when he comes out..I’m not thinking that no more. 

1 hour ago, TheMadStork said:

I also do agree with True to form. Lawrence did great. Amazing performance for a freshman. Or any level. But let’s Also give tons of credit to Dabo Sweeny..I’ve never seen a Alabama defense look so lost. They looked more like a Penn State level defense. 

There was 2 amazing passes that stand out in my head. I didn’t see Andrew Luck type college qb performance (which someone said he looked better than)..people are crowning him the top pick in 2 years. That’s a lot of pressure for a 19 year old to live up to. I was more impressed with Fromms performance last year against bama than I was with Lawrence and I thought Fromm was for sure the number one pick when he comes out..I’m not thinking that no more. 

This. 

Projecting players this this far out is asinine. Sure they have potential but there’s tons of variables like talent, injuries, schemes. I still have some football mags that would project the next year’s top players almost every time they were wrong. 

And let me clear again, he has time. I'm not saying he can't develop, but I am saying he needs to. Too many short hop throws on easy passes for me to say anything about a pro career at this point.

You have to look at the entire body of work, not just the negative or the positive.

3 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Don’t want to be that guy, and am aware I have little pull around here, but shouldn’t we be taking about draftable players for this year? Just saying.

The championship game was last night. This will pass.

You answered yourself, don't be that guy.

28 minutes ago, true2form said:

And let me clear again, he has time. I'm not saying he can't develop, but I am saying he needs to. Too many short hop throws on easy passes for me to say anything about a pro career at this point.

You have to look at the entire body of work, not just the negative or the positive.

He's 19. No one is saying he is beating tom Brady tmrw. But if u can't respect how good he is at 19 then you're being stubborn. 

Tebow didn't have the arn talent this kid had

2 hours ago, true2form said:

Yes you have to look at the entire body of work. He looked just as good u  14 other games.

10 hours ago, true2form said:

My point was that performance in a National Championship game is not necessarily predictive of NFL success. I could expand with the example that Tua performed great last year against Georgia and not so great this year against Clemson. Tebow performed great in the National Championship games he played in despite not being a good NFL quarterback.

When I'm evaluating a prospect I'm looking at tools first and Tua has them: strong arm, naturally accurate, mobile, throws with anticipation, poised, etc.

If the Raiders are in a similar position next year, I fully expect Tua to garner strong consideration at the top of the draft by the team.

Archived