2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

13 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Going to catch heat for this, but if we address defense in free agency with some talent, I wouldn’t be pissed about taking Jacobs at four. He’s being compared to kamara. If you could take kamara at four overall, would you? Dallas needed defense when they took Zeke, but he carries their team now. Just saying...

If Jacobs is the BPA at 4, then I'm on board. BPA at a position of need would be a no brainer imo.

I'm all for Jacobs at 4. He's everything you want in a back. Fast, loves contact, good pass catcher and can block on 3rd down. 

Raiders have 7 picks in the top 100. There isn't a right or wrong way to fill all the holes. Just because they don't take edge at 4, doesn't mean you screwed up the draft. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm all for Jacobs at 4. He's everything you want in a back. Fast, loves contact, good pass catcher and can block on 3rd down. 

Raiders have 7 picks in the top 100. There isn't a right or wrong way to fill all the holes. Just because they don't take edge at 4, doesn't mean you screwed up the draft. 

No way Jacobs should be taken at 4 overall with all of the other talent on the board.  Jacobs barley carried the ball in college, didn't start and you want him at 4?  The value is just not there especially for a player who doesn't appear to be a workhorse back like Zeke or AP in his prime.   You take backs like that in the top 5 not Jacobs SMH...

I'm hearing comparisons to Kimura.  Kimura is the type of back who flourishes will an All Pro QB, a good Oline, a thumper to spell him and another All Pro WR to take the heat off of him.  You put Kimura on the Jets/ Bills and we will see how good  he actually is.  Zeke or AP in their prime can run successfully on any team and those are they type of players you take top 5.  We will see how good Kimura is once Brees retires but I'm not slapping a yellow jacket on him like you homers who don't know jack about football.  

Once again Jacobs at 4 is terrible value especially on this dumpster fire of a team.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Right now, this is how I would like to see the draft go as long as at least one starting edge is brought in FA:

1) Jacobs

24) Edge: Burns, Ferrell, Sweat, Ferguson, also liking what I'm seeing from Georgia's De'Andre Walker. Not really a fan of Polite but I guess he would be okay at this spot.

27) WR: Too many to list, might even be worthwhile waiting until 35. Also depends on who's brought in FA.

35) DB: Either a box safety who can play the slot or a starting caliber corner if one is not brought in via FA.

66) Linebacker: I actually don't hate the current LB core but it can definitely use an upgrade. I would rather look to replace Whitehead than Morrow--SLBs are usually easier to find. I also wouldn't mind double-dipping at WR depending on who's available.

Jacobs at 4 is terrible value with all of the other talent on the board.  He wasn't even the starter at Bama and you want him at 4 SMH  What is going on the world?  LOL  

I can't get on board with Jacobs at 4. I love his skill set and potential but there are way too many questions in my view for a top 10 pick. His injury history and lack of playing history concern me too much for a pick that high. Absolutely with our other picks or if we traded back from 4. However, I also think Jacob's will get overvalued and overdrafted due to a weak RB class.

Agree with the last couple of posts. I would not want Jacobs at 4. Not with the number of very good defensive players who could come straight in and upgrade our putrid defense. At the end of the year, our running game looked pretty decent. And that was with Martin and Richard. I'm all for spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a RB. That can often yield good results.

I think the relative on the whole team in having a very good RB in comparison to a couple of good ones is minimal. Especially when lack a single playmaker on defense.

Perhaps when we have fewer holes and more quality in the premium positions.

50 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Jacobs at 4 is terrible value with all of the other talent on the board.  He wasn't even the starter at Bama and you want him at 4 SMH  What is going on the world?  LOL  

Value is relative. I think Jacobs is as good as just about anyone in this draft. Your second point is moot considering Kamara wasn't a starter at Tennessee.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:25 AM, big_palooka said:

You keep suggesting this wanting a response. No one is in engaging in the conversation, because we're smarter than that. The response is simple..... you don't trade up, giving up all your assets if you're a rebuilding team. 

That "franchise changer" would be the same problem the Raiders had. 1 great player and nothing else because they gave away all assets to get it. Worse... it would be a draft pick that has more risk attached to it. 

So just drop it. It would be completely dumb to trade up and would cost entirely too much. Find something new to add to the conversation, nobody wants to trade up. 

common knowledge a "franchise changer" make the game easier for everyone on the field... if we could trade the 4th pick and the 27th for Bosa that would be nice..... in the second round draft Devin Bush LB, Joe Jackson DE ........  our defense  would look like

young core:

DE-Bosa, Jackson, Key DT-Hurst, Hall, MLB-Bush, CB-Conely, Worely, Nelson, S- Joseph

plus in free agency we can sign guys in their prime like Whitehead..Also have an actual defensive play caller in PG.... When Mack was here we didn't have a good DC, and no talent around Mack. this young core would actually be nice compliment to Bosa... We also could hit on other day 3 picks.  you also could argue we went 12-4 season with dominant Mack being clutch.  just sucked this franchise had lousy drafting during Reggie era, Carr injuries, not paying Mack, Jack Del Rio making back decisions on coordinators or we could still be in the playoff mix. Also assuming we go offense at 24, I really want a pass catcher there: Hockenson, Irv Smith, Metcalf, Hollywood Brown,  all look like game changers in the pass game

On 2/9/2019 at 10:23 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

I think Oliver is going to make a major comeback (because he has seemingly fallen out of the elite group to the media) after the combine. He's going to light it up and I wouldn't be surprised to see him reestablish himself in the top 7 of mocks.

Does anyone know Mayock's stance on interior guys in the past?

A lot will depend on his weight, if he shows up closer to 270 his stock will take an even bigger hit, IMO. 

52 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What’s with all the Jacobs hype? Dudes college production is super minimal... and you want him at #4? I’ll take him in the 2nd Round. 

Production is due to the fact Alabama featured 2 other round 1/2 RB as well (one next year). That's a good thing as he has hardly any wear and tear.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Production is due to the fact Alabama featured 2 other round 1/2 RB as well (one next year). That's a good thing as he has hardly any wear and tear.

And Alabama had the best run blocking OLine in college, best WR corps in college, and a Top 3 QB in college. When his load increased to a basic 120 carries his average went down a full yard to 5.3. 5.3 usually translates to 4.3 in the NFL. 

Archived